Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

October 2050

FcGkdEN.png

Bit of a hiccup against Real Succes, but another good month overall. All of my strikers getting goals is also good to see, even if we missed a ridiculous amount of chances in the Real game, including a last minute penalty.

We also have an absolutely ridiculous defensive record, which I hadn't fully appreciated before. It's now 13 games into the season, and we've conceded 2 goals - both against Singerei. 

ZU3Swa9.png

We're doing incredibly well, 6 clear of Sheriff but Petrocub are a nonsense team who don't drop any points ever basically.

Looks like it'll be a case of trying to be the second best team this season, and then hoping that Petrocub do a Celtic 2020/21 and make a complete fucking arse of it at some point.

November 2050

PtZEcAy.png

A great month, against three very good sides. We came nowhere near beating Petrocub, but equally they didn't create anything either. We were then much better than Sheriff for the first time, which was really positive to see. 

Sneaked through in the cup, undeservedly, and then returned to form against the same opponents.

More of the same, please.

sMSclZk.png

The problem we have is that Petrocub haven't dropped a single point against anyone other than us. 

Still, we've built up a decent lead in second, and if Petrocub hit some poor form we've still got a chance I guess. 

December 2050

vQ8G2Ap.png

We fucked up a bit against Zimbru. As always, we were able to rely on our defence to do their bit, but we were woeful going forward. Same story against Sfintul, but we managed to create one chance and take it, and then hung on to it.

Back to form in the final two games.

CqubUIE.png

Petrocub finally dropped points, but only as many as we did this month, so we're not making up any ground on them.

Hanging in there though.

January 2051

ycH2SSv.png

A solid month, and we're still unbeaten against Petrocub and Sheriff, although we still haven't looked close to scoring against Petrocub in any of the games.

R1CcNcM.png

12 games left and we're still 5 points behind, need to hope that they drop points and we can take advantage. 

We're all but guaranteed to be top 3 again though.

February 2051

5oZ5k3v.png

Again, a good month - three of those were tough fixtures on paper, so happy to come through them well before rounding off against a shite Codru side very comfortably.

5uZ8uIR.png

Ten games to go, and we're still in second. They just don't drop many points at all, but I'm desperately hoping they f**k up and/or I beat them in our final meeting of the season.

La7jpIG.png

We're also definitely in Europe next season, so that's always good.

March 2051

The transfer window was open this month, and on deadline day I made a move to sign Rizal Che Hassan, a right back who I had in my Malaysia side. He's another in the "solid but nothing going forward" mold, but he looks good for this level, and it's been my weak point.

Spoiler

zevdRij.png

aqZfwaP.png

Well, for the first time since opening day, I lost a domestic game and go out the cup. Would have been nice to go through, but my focus is on the league and we won all three there, despite having numerous injuries and suspensions, so pleased with this.

2nvnrW6.png

I play Petrocub next. I need to win, and then hope they f**k up one of their remaining games while I take maximum points.

If I lose my next game, it's season over.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Never thought I'd see the day I was habitually checking a thread to see if someone won the Moldovan top flight  but here I be. 

I used to do that until I realised you could get notifications on new posts 😂

Game 32 - 2050/51

Spoiler

maYGKyK.png

Game on in the title race!

We were absolutely great for the first ten minutes, and then we just held on for the rest of the game. A good number of very nervy moments but we got through it in the end, and it means that we keep our season alive. 

Also, means that I now have the advantage in head to head this season, with 3 draws and now my win - so if we're level on points, we win the league.

fhRvHYB.png

I just need them to draw one game while I win mine and we'll be winning the league. 

Still need a favour, but we'll see. They have Sfintul and Milsami, plus two absolutely shite teams, so hopeful for a favour in the next few games.

Game 33 - 2050/51

Spoiler

UwR65YA.png

HERE WE FUCKING GO.

That's their first red card of the season, and it comes at an absolutely perfect time. We weren't particularly impressive against Zimbru but managed to be clinical and take our chances.

LJPcBZj.png

We go to the top of the league. 

Three games, three wins and we're champions. 

However, next up for us are 3rd, 5th and then 4th. Quite a tough run in.

Game 34 - 2050/51

Spoiler

Vx00oBL.png

Aw for fucks sake. A bit of a shite match really, we took our only chance from the penalty spot, and they scored their only chance as well. Absolutely nothing else of note happened in the game.

Means we need a result elsewhere.

Spoiler

UnrJNEX.png

MILSAMI ORHEI - A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS.

8RlrllW.png

We cling to the top of the table, and we're two wins from the title.

Game 35 - 2050/51

Spoiler

O32e8zU.png

Took us a while, but we got the win in the end. We played quite well, but were very wasteful and then Ionescu rounded the goalkeeper and it was game over. They never looked like getting back into it.

No favours from Petrocub, so we need to match their result on the final day.

YLOc7KA.png

One win and we're there.

Game 36 - 2050/51

Spoiler

s4eo7wB.png

Moldova is done.

Bujor, who has been my best player for my entire spell in Tiraspol, scored a belter to get us off to a pretty excellent start, and that was all that we needed in the end. They had a couple of half chances, we did too but the job was done in the third minute.

Fucking magic.

opibUqu.png

Petrocub fucked up on the final day of the season to mean we actually finish two points clear, but it doesn't really matter. All that does matter is

U3B8Fi4.png

FHvuLpd.png

Moldova completed.

Next up on the list - Albania.

Meet the Team

3 or 3 and a half stars is "leading player" for the division below the one I'm in, 2 and a half is good player for same.

UU2PdrZ.png

So aye, nothing here that's good enough for the top flight. The boy Rybicki is my top scorer this seaosn with 5, and Berg has some potential to improve but there's a pretty big rebuidling job required here.

oi8ZcBH.png

Again, nothing good enough here. It's the same players as above as well.

IuyNEIU.png

That's a little bit better, with one glaring exception. Gogichadze is the best player in my squad, and only 19 years old so he's promising to build around. Central midfield will do for now, but again better is required. Left midfield is a disaster zone.

NXLI6Uk.png

Well, that's shite. There's about 3 good players here, so I can field a good left and right back, and one good centre half but will have a proper jobber next to him. f**k it.

wPepD1L.png

Ah that'll do for now. Will look to bring in better at some point soon, but it's not as dreadful as it might have been.

So that's that. We have about one player who's good enough for this league, and we're hoping to stay up. I don't actually mind how I perform in the league as I'm expected to finish in the relegation playoff, so hopefully even if I go down I'll keep the job. Need a major rebuild though, and it could be easier to do that in the second tier.