Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Scottish league will never be as good as the top 5 leagues in Europe but if Jack Hendry can play in the Belgium league we're doing something right.
You will need to explain what you mean by that,Celtic have a more than decent record of having players that can play at a higher level.

You absolutely have mate you can very quickly think of Kenny Dalglish in the 70’s, Brian McClair  in the 80’s,  John Collins in the 90’s, Henrik in the 2000’s, VVD in the 2010’s.

Brown will never make that list cos he wasn’t good enough and, imvho, McGregor won’t either.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

..almost identical claims were made about Jansen, yet in a single season he recruited Larson, killed off any hope Rangers had of 10iar and left with a win ratio of about 65%.

If anything can be learned about foreign football managers, it's that if you know f**k all about them, best to hide that ignorance and not claim they'll be a disaster.

You do talk out of your arse or do you just type whatever nonsense come into your hollow head. Followed by a barrage of unnecessary insults. I have volleyed them back at you.

“almost identical claims were made about Jansen,” Is this a statement you made up to fit your argument if not where is the proof if you cannot provide any I will take it was. Sorry my mates or his dog said so does not count as proof.

“If anything can be learned about foreign football managers, it's that if you know f**k all about them, best to hide that ignorance and not claim they'll be a disaster” Can I suggest you follow you own advice and best hide your ignorance?

Jansen was a Dutch former footballer and manager. Jansen won 65 international caps with the Netherlands national football team and played in the Dutch teams that reached the 1974 and 1978 World Cup Finals.

Postecoglou is a former Australian footballer and manager. He won 4 caps for Australia. 

Jansen served his managerial apprenticeship in Holland, Belgium  Sdia Arabia and Japan before coming to Celtic

Postecoglou served his managerial apprenticeship in Australia, Greek 3rd division and Japan before being linked with Celtic.

Jansen’s signings were based on his personal knowledge of the players. He managed his most successful Celtic signing Larson at Feyenoord. Would Larson have come if Jansen was not the Celtic manager, I doubt it. Players,

Postecoglou’s signings where will they come from what knowledge does he have outside Australia and Japan?

The 2 men’s careers and football knowledge prior to  signing as manager and possible signing as manager are incomparable.

Edited by Dionysus

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Jansen’s signings were based on his personal knowledge of the players. He managed his most successful Celtic signing Larson at Feyenoord. Would Larson have come if Jansen was not the Celtic manager, I doubt it. Players,
Postecoglou’s sigings where will they come from what knowledge does he have outside Australia and Japan?
The 2 men’s careers and football knowledge prior to  signing as manager and possible signing as manager are incomparable.

Aye, and Brian Clough used to sign players by driving to their parents' house and being nice to their mum while offering them money.

Player recruitment has moved on a bit in the last near-quarter century.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You absolutely have mate you can very quickly think of Kenny Dalglish in the 70’s, Brian McClair  in the 80’s,  John Collins in the 90’s, Henrik in the 2000’s, VVD in the 2010’s.

Brown will never make that list cos he wasn’t good enough and, imvho, McGregor won’t either.

Maybe you've missed my point,the Scottish league is a decent level and in a good place,going into next season there are only 8 leagues that have performed better in Europe over the last 5 years.
So McGregor going to play at a higher level is limited to only 8 leagues across Europe. 

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe you've missed my point,the Scottish league is a decent level and in a good place,going into next season there are only 8 leagues that have performed better in Europe over the last 5 years.
So McGregor going to play at a higher level is limited to only 8 leagues across Europe. 

My point is I don’t think McGregor will get the opportunity to play at a higher level mate.

31 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Aye, and Brian Clough used to sign players by driving to their parents' house and being nice to their mum while offering them money.

Player recruitment has moved on a bit in the last near-quarter century.

Managers still ask for specific players. Ntcham to Marseille The manager made it quite clear he did not want him as for offering money it is the same only agents get it rather than the parents

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Some of the second tier leagues are of a better standard, big money in the English Championship.

I thought he was committed to staying?

The wee man is touching on McGregor's ambition I'm just pointing out it's not a bad decision to stay in Scotland.
When you look at the Scottish national squad we don't have many from the English Championship.

Guest TheJTS98
13 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Managers still ask for specific players. Ntcham to Marseille The manager made it quite clear he did not want him as for offering money it is the same only agents get it rather than the parents

Baffling.

Cheerio.

53 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Followed by a barrage of unnecessary insults.

:blink:

At no point did I insult you. My second paragraph was a general point.

53 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

As for the rest of the post, thank you for proving my point.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Ambition is a funny thing, I'm old enough to remember Paul McStay and how many experts wrung their hands over why he never left Celtic and never played in a 'superior' league like the English Premier. He had the talent and I'm sure his choice at remaining wasn't all down to loyalty, I'm sure he was just as ambitious as the next player.

Yes different time different era,If we look at Armstrong and McGinn they had no problem playing in the EPL the jump doesn't seem that great for SPFL players.

1 minute ago, Dionysus said:

good try just keep making your ridiculous statements

Jansen came, was given shit by the press and some pundits, was proven wrong, the upshot is that people who do this sort of shit should do their research beforehand. As you rightfully pointed out Jansen had a profile and experience yet that didn't stop those commentators just opening their mouths.

Nothing is "ridiculous" about that.

The fact you have somehow taken what I've written as some sort of personal attack on you is well wide of the mark.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes different time different era,If we look at Armstrong and McGinn they had no problem playing in the EPL the jump doesn't seem that great for SPFL players.

Really? Are you saying that players from the likes of Elgin and Forfar and Kelty Hearts can make the jump to the English Premier?

37 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Ambition is a funny thing, I'm old enough to remember Paul McStay and how many experts wrung their hands over why he never left Celtic and never played in a 'superior' league like the English Premier. He had the talent and I'm sure his choice at remaining wasn't all down to loyalty, I'm sure he was just as ambitious as the next player.

Paul McStay was not as good as the Old Firm sycophants in the Scottish media claimed he was.  McStay  knew this . 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes I agree with you and the only person who’ll have the balls to sell him will be someone with little previous experience of Scottish football and it’s politics.

McGregor is a media darling and whoever sells him will be strung up by Keevins etc.

and TOM