Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Chuckinho said:

Since when has any big club bothered with an Australian?
Doesn't mean they shouldn't. Coaching a national team to 2 world cup qualifications  must stand for something. He has a lot of managerial experience, but no, none in Scotland. 
Comparing different leagues etc is a waste of time here. He will either do a good job or a rubbish job. Time will tell. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do. Not sure he will.

Fair points but questions remain.

Why did Eddie Howe tell the Manky Mob to f**k off?

Why did the soap dodgers then go for a manager with no track record in Europe?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In short you're saying : He's an excellent manager who won't get results in the short term so will be sacked and that's a shame because if you give him enough time (with the biggest budget in the land) he would eventually win things.

Sounds like a real find. 

I too found it a surprise appointment. I'm not sure it is a good fit for either party.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fair points but questions remain.

Why did Eddie Howe tell the Manky Mob to f**k off?

Why did the soap dodgers then go for a manager with no track record in Europe?

Sorry but I don't have the answers to these questions...
Saying that, both Old Firm clubs have had plenty of managers with healthy records in Europe that have gone nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In short you're saying : He's an excellent manager who won't get results in the short term so will be sacked and that's a shame because if you give him enough time (with the biggest budget in the land) he would eventually win things.

Sounds like a real find. 

The biggest budget in the land isn't exactly massive by European standards though.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Examples? Le Guen and Deila?

That's not plenty!

fair point. Maybe I should have said that both Old Firm clubs have had plenty of managers who have previous European (I mean Scottish) managerial experience.

25 minutes ago, Chuckinho said:

The biggest budget in the land isn't exactly massive by European standards though.

Celtic (or Rangers) aren't ever going to win anything in Europe nor are their managers expected to. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Celtic (or Rangers) aren't ever going to win anything in Europe nor are their managers expected to. 

true. I was merely pointing out that their budgets are barely European records.

22 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I certainly hope this is the approach that Ange takes.

Much as it pains me, @gannonballis absolutely right.  If Celtic win this season's title it'll be the biggest shock since Wim.

I think the biggest shock would be any rangers fan thinking Celtic will ever win the league.in any season.
Which makes your opinion redundant.

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

We know very little of him because he's never managed above the Scottish Championship level before. Why have big clubs never taken a chance on Ange and his "amazing football mind"? 

So the World Cup is Scottish Championship level? J-League also?

667D3628-0856-45F6-963E-4263E2D2772B.gif

Edited by Jinky67

25 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

J-League also?

Absolutely, have you ever watched it? It's a fucking stinking level. :lol:

Yeah he led his team to the world cup twice - where they were humiliated. Twice. Congrats, Ange. 

35 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think the biggest shock would be any rangers fan thinking Celtic will ever win the league.in any season.
Which makes your opinion redundant.

It might be an utter shambles or it might be Jansen v2 but I am honestly looking forward to see what Celtic do next season, it is going to be entertaining either way.

5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It might be an utter shambles or it might be Jansen v2 but I am honestly looking forward to see what Celtic do next season, it is going to be entertaining either way.

And here's me thinking your biggest concern has left the building Sandy?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

And here's me thinking your biggest concern has left the building Sandy?

I am genuinely intrigued & given I still bear the scars caused by Nakamura, I suspect that Angie might well know a couple of technically proficient players that will run amok over here & use it as a pathway to the Barclays.