Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Has to be this week its announced surely

I still think Dom McKay was specifically brought in earlier than initially scheduled to deliver Eddie Howe. This is McKay’s first opportunity to make a positive impression on the fans and Desmond won’t let him down.

I can understand why some Celtic fans are getting impatient though Tbf to them.

If it isn’t Howe, whoever it is will obviously be second choice.

Celtic’s board have to deliver Howe. They’ve backed themselves into this corner by waiting so long for him and publicly briefing that he’s the choice. They basically just gave up their leverage straight away.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Celtic’s board have to deliver Howe. They’ve backed themselves into this corner by waiting so long for him and publicly briefing that he’s the choice. They basically just gave up their leverage straight away.

Surely McKay can’t fail in his first project in the Peter Lawell role ? I can’t see that happening tbh.

Guest TheJTS98
On 09/05/2021 at 18:32, G51 said:

Celtic’s board have to deliver Howe.

They have to? What will happen if they don't? Will Celtic close down?

I don't really see how it matters if a club gets first, second, third choice. There are hundreds of coaches who could succeed at Celtic. What matters is the system in place to support whoever gets the job succeed once in it. I'm not sure Celtic have that.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Many bookies no longer taking bets so now seems a matter of when and not if Eddie Howe is announced. Daily Mail reporting it’s done.

Aye, I seen it suggested on TalkSport (I know) that the announcement has only been delayed due to Bournemouth's involvement in the Championship play-offs as Howe would like to pull together his coaching team from them but it's dependant on whether they get promoted or not.

45 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I seen it suggested on TalkSport (I know) that the announcement has only been delayed due to Bournemouth's involvement in the Championship play-offs as Howe would like to pull together his coaching team from them but it's dependant on whether they get promoted or not.

Yeah which is pretty plausible. He will want to build a team he trusts and won’t want to interfere with Bournemouth’s chances of getting through the Playoffs.

I know Tindall won’t be part of the team however interested to see if Richard Hughes will. Rumoured Mark Burchill will be coming in as a coach also

1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

They have to? What will happen if they don't? Will Celtic close down?

I don't really see how it matters if a club gets first, second, third choice. There are hundreds of coaches who could succeed at Celtic. What matters is the system in place to support whoever gets the job succeed once in it. I'm not sure Celtic have that.

Yes, Celtic will have to close down. You absolute dunce

Guest TheJTS98
5 hours ago, G51 said:

Yes, Celtic will have to close down. You absolute dunce

Oh my!

So, what did you mean then? Or were you just using an overly-dramatic meaningless phrase?

Too much Kenny McIntyre for you, imo.

Edited by TheJTS98

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Howe announced as Palace Manager would be fairly amusing.

I wouldn’t think it likely as the indication all season is that Hodgson was retiring.

Never say never however, Mojo taught us that 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I wouldn’t think it likely as the indication all season is that Hodgson was retiring.

Never say never however, Mojo taught us that 

I don’t think it’s likely either, but it would be funny.

8 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Hodgson resigns fromPalace. I guess it'll be apparent quite soon whether the Palace/EPL stuff has any substance. 

Resigns? Palace did not offer him a new contract and forced him out. The papers are now saying that Lampard is in discussions with Palace to succeed Hodgson. 

Eddie Howe was a failure at Burnley and the pressure would be too great at Porkheid. It's very possible that he'll bottle a straight fight with Gerrard.