Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

You won’t have any fan concede the league in December despite results, respective performances. If the board essentially concede by appointing Kennedy it will cost them in terms of season tickets as they won’t stand for that sort of appointment after what’s just happened

Very true.

But what fans think and the actual reality of things is often 2 different things.

Serious question
Does anyone think that the Victim's fans reaction to a first domestic cup defeat in 36 games whilst still on to win their twelve consecutive domestic honour would put some potential decent candidates off.
Are they through their actions making the job a poisoned chalice ?

If any decent candidate in the world had a look at the Old Firm in detail before taking the job then any decent human being would surely stay away from the clubs invested by bigoted c***s. The answer to your question is comfortably "No". The candidate will see the pound signs and decide based on that.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

Very true.

But what fans think and the actual reality of things is often 2 different things.

I appreciate that, I also appreciate fans will say many things and then when it comes to renewal will do it anyway as the initial pain and shock of what previously happened is now past.

What doesn’t sit well with me though would be that concession, a JK appointment would be exactly that, conceding defeat no matter how unlikely it is for us to claw this back.

It would be the final kick in the baws of what has already been a bit of a howler of a season 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I appreciate that, I also appreciate fans will say many things and then when it comes to renewal will do it anyway as the initial pain and shock of what previously happened is now past.

What doesn’t sit well with me though would be that concession, a JK appointment would be exactly that, conceding defeat no matter how unlikely it is for us to claw this back.

It would be the final kick in the baws of what has already been a bit of a howler of a season 

Prepare yourself then. Kennedy will be in charge for your next, and potentially decisive, Old Firm game.

The problem with this protest is the perception it gives off to Lennon's potential successors. One mediocre spell and the fans are at the gates screaming for your head. What for a decade has looked to be the easiest job in football now looks miserable.

Brendan Rodgers has set the bar far too high, and the next few Celtic managers will suffer for it as a result.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Prepare yourself then. Kennedy will be in charge for your next, and potentially decisive, Old Firm game.

I fully expect that to be the case or indeed Lennon to remain in charge after last night, those fans have played into the boards hands a little and they have a track record of contempt towards the fans 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The problem with this protest is the perception it gives off to Lennon's potential successors. One mediocre spell and the fans are at the gates screaming for your head. What for a decade has looked to be the easiest job in football now looks miserable.

on this occasion I agree with you, it doesn’t look good at all. Change is necessary but anyone looking at the job may be now starting to look away 

5 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I voted for Hughes simply because I thought it was funniest, but now I've realised I missed Malky Mackay, who would arguably be even funnier. 

Either of those, please. 

As much as i can't stand Hughes and think he's a loud mouthed chancer, he'd still prob do a better job than Lennon and have a decent chance at getting Celtic their 10 in a row, he'd at least have players with the skill levels to carry his footballing philosophy onto the pitch. Either that or he'd have Celtic playing with 95% possession and zero shots at goal.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

As much as i can't stand Hughes and think he's a loud mouthed chancer, he'd still prob do a better job than Lennon and have a decent chance at getting Celtic their 10 in a row, he'd at least have players with the skill levels to carry his footballing philosophy onto the pitch. Either that or he'd have Celtic playing with 95% possession and zero shots at goal.

Maybe. 

But the reaction to him replacing Lennon would be hilarious. 'The guy who failed at Raith Rovers and cannae get a gig anywhere else???' etc etc. 

He has very vocally thrown his hat into every ring going, the last wee while, so I'd expect outrage all around. 

It'd be funny as f**k. 

55 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Or Stuart Baxter.

Does Stuart Baxter actually exist or is it just a name they put in to pad things out?

Used to be mentioned for every job going without actually getting it.

I think I would be more likely to believe in Santa than Stuart Baxter!

1 minute ago, WilliamBragg said:

Does Stuart Baxter actually exist or is it just a name they put in to pad things out?

Used to be mentioned for every job going without actually getting it.

I think I would be more likely to believe in Santa than Stuart Baxter!

The To Madeira of managers.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Brendan Rodgers has set the bar far too high, and the next few Celtic managers will suffer for it as a result.

I made the point to a Celtic fan last week that the situation with the first protest against Lennon demonstrated exactly why a manager should get out at the first opportunity of ANY club when the going is good and they have a better offer financially on the table.