Pars v St Johnstone

Ayrpar

25 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

It’s not very often the team in the league below is the bigger club like tonight but that’s the beauty of the cup in that it throws up fixtures like this. 

Happens all the time to Saints,we met Fife’s biggest and most recent major cup winner,the season we won the. Scottish cup,

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:
Did Comrie not have an injury issue shortly after he first got a few games? Then when he came back Jordan Jones basically ended him and that was it, he never looked the same again. I may be getting the sequence of events wrong here.
I thought he was a decent prospect when he first came into the team but he went downhill rapidly for us as time went on. I’m sure he’ll bang in a hattrick tonight though...

First time I saw Comrie was away to Hamilton in a match where Angry Richard got injured in the first five minutes. Comrie came on for him and played very well. Really thought he looked a prospect. Like you I can't remember the sequence of events re injury/being ragdolled by Jones.

He injured himself with the first punt up the pitch within 5 seconds, never mind 5 minutes! 

42 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Help me out here with an argument with a workmate. When were Dunfermline last relevant in the grand scheme of things in Scottish football?

Edited by DA Baracus

I thought Comrie had potential as well when he first broke through. He had great pace and an incredible leap for someone of his height.  We went to Celtic park and played a strange formation consisting of 2 right backs (Comrie and Foster) and got a good draw v Rogers' side where he did well.

I always thought he just looked a bit manic positionally, not really knowing where to be and a player coming in off the wing could pull him out of position quite easily, though you could put that down to age and lack of first team match experience.  

But then as others have said, Jordan Jones was in the form of his life and gave Comrie a couple of roastings.  To be fair to Aaron, I'm sure one of them was an opening game of the season at Rugby Park where he started after barely being given 5 minutes in the whole of pre-season.  Foster(?) was suspended from the previous season, but it was as if the club hadn't realised until last minute, as Comrie was massively thrown in a team the deep end and shafted a bit on that occasion.  He never really recovered from that as he seemed to lose confidence and the fans had no faith in him.

Glad his career has kicked on, and hope he continues to do well after tonight.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Help me out here with an argument with a workmate. When were Dunfermline last relevant in the grand scheme of things in Scottish football?

They became irrelevant after we signed George O'Boyle.

Think its 3 CBs of Kerr, Gordon and Booth.

Rooney and Tanser as wing backs.

Diamond midfield. Craig as a sitting midfielder, Davidson and McCann either side with freedom to get forward. Wotherspoon at the "tip" floating around behind Kane.

McCart/May paying their price for Saturdays losing goal.

Just now, Widge said:

I’m going to hazard a guess at 5-3-1-1??

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think its 3 CBs of Kerr, Gordon and Booth.

Rooney and Tanser as wing backs.

Diamond midfield. Craig as a sitting midfielder, Davidson and McCann either side with freedom to get forward. Wotherspoon at the "tip" floating around behind Kane.

McCart/May paying their price for Saturdays losing goal.

Aye.

So is it F Murray and McInroy sitting in the 2 in front of the back 4? Thomas Dow and Turner behind McManus is almost a certainty so it must be.

Has Fraser Murray played this deep for us yet?