Pars v St Johnstone

Ayrpar

I’m really glad we have this game before league business. Hopefully get that absolute shanner of a result out the system.

Free hit here. We’ll either be chasing shadows the full game with St Johnstone rolling out as comfortable winners, or we could play like we did against Hearts and make it difficult for them and snatch a win. It’s up to the players to show they are good enough to be up there challenging the better teams.

Can’t see it though. I’m an perma-pessimist; this could be the start of one of those infamous long losing streaks.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

More importantly, are Dunfermline actually streaming this? 

Not seen a single mention of it so far.

It would seem so,   It’s listed on ParsTV.

No effort to promote it which seems bizzare,  i understood not wanting to put anything out until yesterday’s match was over but you would have thought the promotion of the match would have kicked into place today. 

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It would seem so,   It’s listed on ParsTV.

No effort to promote it which seems bizzare,  i understood not wanting to put anything out until yesterday’s match was over but you would have thought the promotion of the match would have kicked into place today. 

Yeah its weird. Guess/hope there'll be a push tomorrow.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf did we not play Morton in the Quarters not that long ago?

Aye. 2015. Ripped them apart once MOH got bored and decided to end the game.

1462889410_post-424-14459995228844_thumb(1).jpg.87ff27fd09fd86493605d7b89477829e.jpg.7df4cc9ce873604a44143ff958e0b66b.jpg

Oh aye the infamous "I got to Greenock in twenty minutes" game. I suppose this is the round where the diddies depart then, if we play like our last game, which was shit, then we should only win by 2.

Favorable draw as it's at home and we were on a great run at the time. It's obviously a hell of a difficult game against higher league opposition.

We'll almost certainly go back to 4231. Hopefully Saints have a massive off day and we're bang on form and we might sneak it.

If Dunfermline score first they'll likely win IMO. Saints struggle to score unless it's against plumbers or Hamilton. 

Were alright in possession and even defend well for the most part but prone to just losing incredibly soft goals out if nowhere consistently and seem nearly completely unable to hold onto a lead which is then made worse by our inability to by clinical in front of goal which is almost at the point it's verging on pathetic (but has improved a bit recently).

I notice a few Dunfermline fans saying it's a good draw for you at home? You've evidently not seen our home record then? 😂 you'd be much better off playing in Perth! We've only beaten 2 full time side in all competitions in Perth this season. 

Shame we can't "enjoy" the game all together rather than watching at home but nevermind. Regardless of the result hopefully Dunfermline have a decent season! 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Stream now bought, delightful.

Zero idea what Saints team turns up, no idea who's even fit. Would guess we'll return to 5-2-3, but hard to know who starts.

Hopefully Kerr, Davidson and MOH or Conway all able to start

19 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Do St Johnstone fans actually think Shaun Rooney is a better player than Aaron Comrie? Fascinating.

No.

Most just say Comrie was shite for us, at which stage we get the "HES IMPROVED IN THE 12 MONTHS AND WOULD WALK INTO YOUR SIDE" speel, because Rooney is warming our bench.

Do St Johnstone fans actually think Shaun Rooney is a better player than Aaron Comrie? Fascinating.
Comrie looked a real prospect as a teenager. Then he was absolutely torn a new one by Jordan Jones and completely lost confidence.
He needed a move to turn his career around and I for one am delighted to see him doing well with the Pars.
I do not think he will ever reach a level where Saints will ever have any serious regrets about letting him go.

Did Comrie not have an injury issue shortly after he first got a few games? Then when he came back Jordan Jones basically ended him and that was it, he never looked the same again. I may be getting the sequence of events wrong here.

I thought he was a decent prospect when he first came into the team but he went downhill rapidly for us as time went on. I’m sure he’ll bang in a hattrick tonight though...

Did Comrie not have an injury issue shortly after he first got a few games? Then when he came back Jordan Jones basically ended him and that was it, he never looked the same again. I may be getting the sequence of events wrong here.
I thought he was a decent prospect when he first came into the team but he went downhill rapidly for us as time went on. I’m sure he’ll bang in a hattrick tonight though...
First time I saw Comrie was away to Hamilton in a match where Angry Richard got injured in the first five minutes. Comrie came on for him and played very well. Really thought he looked a prospect. Like you I can't remember the sequence of events re injury/being ragdolled by Jones.