Local team / glory hunting, etc. and so on

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

They do, they merged with another club to create a superclub who wins national trophies.

Which Caley fans were dead set against, and only happened because Norman Miller gave away a ton of free memberships to people in exchange for them voting for the merger.

The match going Caley fans basically had their club stolen from them. It was criminal.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They do, they merged with another club to create a superclub who wins national trophies.

I always thought Caley fans were more Rangers minded? Seem to remember seeing a Union Jack at a couple of games in recent years. Also weren't a few fans taken through courts in regards to singing some bigot pish during a Celtic game? 

The best example of the absolute ridiculousness of these c***s is seeing two members of my ex-bird's family rolling about the living room floor, punching f**k out of each other about the result of a recent old firm game one new year. In their combined 90-odd years on the planet (living 100 miles from Glasgow) they'd been to two matches involving the teams they were fighting about - on both occasions when they'd drawn the local side in the Scottish Cup 😂

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

They did have a Caley to go to. It’s the modern day fans who don’t have a Caley to go to....

You can’t have it both ways. Your whole argument has been based on not having a team to support, but you could have chosen Caley up till 1994.

1 minute ago, UAE1929 said:

I always thought Caley fans were more Rangers minded? Seem to remember seeing a Union Jack at a couple of games in recent years. Also weren't a few fans taken through courts in regards to singing some bigot pish during a Celtic game? 

I think you're thinking of Ross County fans?  Couple of boys I work with have season tickets for Viccy Park and Ibrox.  

Just now, The Mantis said:

You can’t have it both ways. Your whole argument has been based on not having a team to support, but you could have chosen Caley up till 1994.

I didn’t live anywhere near Inverness, and Caley weren’t a league side.

Just now, TheScarf said:

I think you're thinking of Ross County fans?  Couple of boys I work with have season tickets for Viccy Park and Ibrox.  

No, I believe I'm correct on this occasion. If memory serves correct, the fine people of CTO rallied round to find the culprits before it went through court. 

A sad day for the Highlands. 

3 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Caley were known as the Rangers of the North by their own fans. When Caley died a big chunk of them followed Rangers full-time. Almost no one followed the MK Dons of the North...

No, I believe I'm correct on this occasion. If memory serves correct, the fine people of CTO rallied round to find the culprits before it went through court. 

A sad day for the Highlands. 

The only ones I can remember was a couple of boys got done for calling Ross County fans the G word for travelling folk.  We're too shite to play Celtic and Rangers these days 😂.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The only ones I can remember was a couple of boys got done for calling Ross County fans the G word for travelling folk.  We're too shite to play Celtic and Rangers these days 😂.

The way Celtic are playing...

On topic, I know there's still a lot of Ross County fans who still support Celtic and Rangers.  Looks like there's some who can never let go of their big team. County have been fairly successful since they joined the league in 1994. There's not really any need to still support one of the Old Firm, but a lot still do.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On topic, I know there's still a lot of Ross County fans who still support Celtic and Rangers.  Looks like there's some who can never let go of their big team. County have been fairly successful since they joined the league in 1994. There's not really any need to still support one of the Old Firm, but a lot still do.

Given The Caleys falling attendances, and the previously mentioned bigoted songs being sung at games, I imagine this is the case across the bridge also. 

2 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Given The Caleys falling attendances, and the previously mentioned bigoted songs being sung at games, I imagine this is the case across the bridge also. 

There was a huge Caledonian/Rangers crossover back in the day. The Venn diagram was basically just a circle.

Not that I'm aware of, I know a lot of The Caley fans and I don't have knowledge of any of them supporting another Scottish club.  There's 2 lads in my office alone who support County and Rangers.  There will be a lot more too.  Just seems rather bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

There was a huge Caledonian/Rangers crossover back in the day. The Venn diagram was basically just a circle.

Yep, and you can pretty much guarantee they all just support Rangers now.