Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

Didn’t see a thread for the match. Let’s swiftly move on from the smash and grab job at Starks...

Comrie to come straight in for Mayo and, if he is fit, Whittaker for Wilson. Apart from that same team with same set up.

3-0 win for the Pars.

Should be all three points here in fact any team using Robbie Muirhead in their starting XI should pose no real opposition.

Spoiler

He'll probably score now

Spoiler

In fact no he won't he's shite

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Should be all three points here in fact any team using Robbie Muirhead in their starting XI should pose no real opposition.

Reveal hidden contents

He'll probably score now

Reveal hidden contents

In fact no he won't he's shite

Conceding a goal to Robbie Muirhead should be grounds to have a team's points total wiped out and start again from zero. That would at least add the illusion of a threat to his otherwise pointless career as a professional footballer. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Conceding a goal to Robbie Muirhead should be grounds to have a team's points total wiped out and start again from zero. That would at least add the illusion of a threat to his otherwise pointless career as a professional footballer. 

I wouldn't be against that, has he scored for you yet?

Also feel it either means Allan Johnston is a maniac for leaving KIllie over him or he has principles that can't be broken.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

I wouldn't be against that, has he scored for you yet?

Also feel it either means Allan Johnston is a maniac for leaving KIllie over him or he has principles that can't be broken.

His only goal for us was against Annan in the League Cup last season. That suggests he might possibly be able to make a career for himself in League Two, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't rocking up in the amateurs by the time he's 30 via a spell at Clyde.

Three clubs have paid a transfer fee for him in his career. Insane.

I don't have the stats to back it up or anything but Morton always seem to be one of those teams we struggle against. Moreso at Cappilow probably, but I still have nightmares about Rob Earnshaw scoring hat-trick, Gary Oliver scoring every time he plays us and wasn't the "Keddie watches the ball go over the line" game a home loss to Morton?

I don't have the stats to back it up or anything but Morton always seem to be one of those teams we struggle against. Moreso at Cappilow probably, but I still have nightmares about Rob Earnshaw scoring hat-trick, Gary Oliver scoring every time he plays us and wasn't the "Keddie watches the ball go over the line" game a home loss to Morton?

Aye the Keddie “what’s that? The baw’s gonnae cross the line? f**k sake, someone should get it. Whit? I’ve to get it? f**k sake. Awch there’s the baw over the line there. f**k sake.” game was at home to Morton.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Oliver has left morten now?

No, he's back again.

I'm inclined to think we should be persisting with MacIver up front, but maybe we should throw Oliver in for more stoppage time hilarity. Without Robinson or Scully to lay a ridiculous goal on a plate for him it might be less likely though. Four minutes in here was my favourite of that recurring genre:

31 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I make it 14 Morton wins, 8 Dunfermline wins and 6 draws over the last 10 seasons prior to this one. It's hardly a bogey team style record and we've finished above you more often than not in that period so it's about what you'd expect, particularly when you've got 14/15 in there where all four games were Morton wins.

With it starting to look like Crawford is getting past his usual '5 good games followed by 10 bad games' record to date and actually maintaining some consistency, you'd think our superiority in head to heads will be coming to an end soon. Can't see any way we win this.