Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

You're the one going around a football club's Twitter account trying to flag 'risky' content like a total sadact though, Lee.

I'm going to go with "swing and a miss, champ". 

I'm not trying to flag anything, I'm posting something about Morton on a thread about Morton, if your social media team is willing to show everyone that follows them what they're doing who am I to stop that coming out to a wider audience? 

And if Dunfermline get a 3-0 walkover, all the better. 

smug top gear GIF

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm going to go with "swing and a miss, champ". 

I'm not trying to flag anything, I'm posting something about Morton on a thread about Morton, if your social media team is willing to show everyone that follows them what they're doing who am I to stop that coming out to a wider audience? 

Yes, you're just registering your concern about the risk of a Championship football club's Twitter posts. These being 'risky' only in the sense that you want someone to grass them up to get a rap lecture from Jason Leitch, given that there is actually zero scope for seriously sanctioning a football club based on the contents of your grass dossier. 

And if Dunfermline get a 3-0 walkover, all the better. 

Not sure why anyone would accept such a downgrade on the probable goal difference boost but as seen above and many times before you are a tragic loser so this fits the bill. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

No, he's back again.

I'm inclined to think we should be persisting with MacIver up front, but maybe we should throw Oliver in for more stoppage time hilarity. Without Robinson or Scully to lay a ridiculous goal on a plate for him it might be less likely though. Four minutes in here was my favourite of that recurring genre:

I make it 14 Morton wins, 8 Dunfermline wins and 6 draws over the last 10 seasons prior to this one. It's hardly a bogey team style record and we've finished above you more often than not in that period so it's about what you'd expect, particularly when you've got 14/15 in there where all four games were Morton wins.

With it starting to look like Crawford is getting past his usual '5 good games followed by 10 bad games' record to date and actually maintaining some consistency, you'd think our superiority in head to heads will be coming to an end soon. Can't see any way we win this.

97 min winner off backside incoming.

7 hours ago, smpar said:

Aye the Keddie “what’s that? The baw’s gonnae cross the line? f**k sake, someone should get it. Whit? I’ve to get it? f**k sake. Awch there’s the baw over the line there. f**k sake.” game was at home to Morton.

I’m still horrified by that.

Tell anyone walking out the ground that we were going to start an unbeaten run as we stormed towards the title and they’d have laughed in your face at it.

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m still horrified by that.

Tell anyone walking out the ground that we were going to start an unbeaten run as we stormed towards the title and they’d have laughed in your face at it.

I started supporting the Pars 99/00 and I have only known misery playing Morton. Even when we won the league 2011 and got promoted 2000 we still got horsed by them a few times.  More so at Cappielow, right enough. 

I see Raith absolutely rode Morton silly 5-0 a few weeks ago. Ouch. No idea what they are like but they cannot be anything decent when they are coming to Fife and getting slapped about. 

If Muirhead is one of their go-to men for goals, we should never in a million years be losing this. The guy is a fraud. Thanks AJ for spending money on him. I note Gary Oliver has returned to Morton as well. Oh, gee, that's good...

Our only hope is to go with Oliver and Muirhead up front and Dunfermline just accept the cruelty of fate...

If he's going to persist with the 3/5 at the back, the wing-backs need to be allowed to play as wing-backs and we need something (surely Nesbitt- or McPake-shaped) between middle and front.

Most Morton supporters would probably be happy to see something like:

---------------McAdams-------------

---Fjortoft---McLean---McGinty---

Ledger-Jacobs-McAlister-Strapp

-----------------Lyon------------------

--------------------Nesbitt/McPake

----------------Maciver---------------

... but doubt we'll see it this Saturday (or ever).

I'd love to help support Dunfermline Athletic Football Club through the pandemic by giving them some money for the stream, but I'm done until Morton actually show some willingness to compete. Sorry lads.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Yes, you're just registering your concern about the risk of a Championship football club's Twitter posts. These being 'risky' only in the sense that you want someone to grass them up to get a rap lecture from Jason Leitch, given that there is actually zero scope for seriously sanctioning a football club based on the contents of your grass dossier. 

Not sure why anyone would accept such a downgrade on the probable goal difference boost but as seen above and many times before you are a tragic loser so this fits the bill. 

Wait, you had to edit that?! 

Vt calling someone else a tragic loser. 

thats-plenty-792059.png.7c6b2b41cc5639c138411a1b2a21d9a3.png

Whatever happens I’ll still be expecting the vidiprinter to say Jai Quitongo has scored the winner at about ten past five.

15 unbeaten for us now? Really admire the controlled aggression we show, personified by McManus and Thomas. As an unashamed Craw fan boy I’m pleased the board have given him the time and space to put a stamp on the club. You never hear him come out with the standard cliches about philosophy or styles of play. For him it’s about creating a love for the club, looking at the best way to win the particular game coming up and each player developing. So many players all playing the best in their career must reflect well on Craw, Shields and  Dair. 

We must be due a pumping at some point though...

Edited by Shandön Par

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that Comrie in particular and Edwards this season have looked good at full back whilst Greg Shields is part of the coaching staff, and JD of course.

I think a lot of it is to do with there being no fans in the ground tbh.

38 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think a lot of it is to do with there being no fans in the ground tbh.

Comrie has always looked good for us.

Edwards had only just came up from League 1 and was 19 at the time last season. He clearly needed time to get settled in to this standard and I have every confidence Dair and Shields will be teaching him the ropes. Dair and Shields were fantastic servants for us, so Edwards is in good company to get his coaching. 

Part time players seem to always need at least one full season under them to fully get going. Look at Turner, last year he was hit and miss but he's looking the business this year. 

Steven Bell was the same. Probably more examples going back to even Bert's time in charge. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Part time players seem to always need at least one full season under them to fully get going. Look at Turner, last year he was hit and miss but he's looking the business this year. 

Steven Bell was the same. Probably more examples going back to even Bert's time in charge. 

Andy Tod was magnificent from day 1. 

Every set of fans has felt that early season hopelessness at one time or another, things must be pretty stale for Morton fans to be feeling that after half a dozen games.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Every set of fans has felt that early season hopelessness at one time or another, things must be pretty stale for Morton fans to be feeling that after half a dozen games.

Raith  Rovers 5, Greenock Morton 0.

Arbroath 0, Greenock Morton 0.

I rest my case. 😒