Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

Raith  Rovers 5, Greenock Morton 0.
Arbroath 0, Greenock Morton 0.

I rest my case. [emoji19]
I almost feel bad for you. But I don't, I'm hoping for an absolute pumping of Morton this Saturday... But I'd delightfully take 3 points in any fashion.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
31 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I rest my case. emoji19.png

I almost feel bad for you. But I don't, I'm hoping for an absolute pumping of Morton this Saturday... But I'd delightfully take 3 points in any fashion.

I'm sure the pumping will be duly delivered. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/tWMs5B3SauG2koHa7

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Every set of fans has felt that early season hopelessness at one time or another, things must be pretty stale for Morton fans to be feeling that after half a dozen games.

The realists grasp that we've put together a dung squad with absolutely no cutting edge up front being the biggest issue, so the season was bound to be turgid, survival-targeted drivel from day one.

The fantasists meanwhile believe that 'if we only hud mair of a go in games' then we'd be happy to lose 3/4-0 every week* instead.

The season is a completely pointless timewasting exercise for the club until the current owners can be shoved out the door.

Spoiler

We wouldn't though.

Edited by vikingTON

I rest my case. [emoji19]
Raith are decent at home and didn't you have an early red card in that game?

Arbroath are hard to break down as Hearts found out (they only won 1-0).

Now if you are saying that the squad lacks balance, that the manager hasn't yet managed to find a settled formation and that goals are hard to come by, then that might be true. But those results in isolation don't tell as much as maybe you'd like to think.

Clyde and QOS at home were meant to be games we won comfortably but was anything but.

Clyde win took two goals in the last 5 minutes and QOS we were hanging on to a 3-2 lead last 20 mins.

I really don't expect anything different on Saturday. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Just seen Hopkin has resigned. Wonder who’ll be managing Morton on Saturday now. Will we see the typical ‘bounce’ where players start performing after the manager leaves, or are the players just not good enough?

No harm, but their squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge for a play-off place. The very definition of “mid-table mediocrity” New manager or not, we should be looking for a handsome victory here. The boy Nesbitt is a good player, and Gary Oliver, despite not being overly good at the game of foot, always scores against us. Apart from that, nothing to be scared of.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

No harm, but their squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge for a play-off place. The very definition of “mid-table mediocrity” 

You clearly haven't looked at our squad at all tbh. 

As for line-ups, not sure if Crawford will stick or twist, given everyone, bar Lewis Martin of course, should be fully fit. I’d personally like to see him go for the latter of the two of these as it is affective against the teams we perhaps are expected to get a result against.

IMG_5173.jpg
IMG_5174.jpg

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
36 minutes ago, virginton said:
You clearly haven't looked at our squad at all tbh. 

Relegation favourites?

Our forward options wouldn't look out of place at a midtable League Two side; by shitfesting alone, the squad might scrape survival but that's about it.

I have no idea about most of the Morton squad, it certainly doesn't seem to have been built very well. 

In McPake and Nesbitt they've got two attacking players I'd like at Dunfermline, and in Oliver they've got a player who likes playing Dunfermline. However no out and out goal getter that tends to help, McCallister and Jacobs have been solid at this level before. 

Baffled to see that McLean is still kicking a baw though, feels like he's been around for some time. I'd certainly take our squad over Mortons but footballs not played on paper etc etc. 

As for line-ups, not sure if Crawford will stick or twist, given everyone, bar Lewis Martin of course, should be fully fit. I’d personally like to see him go for the latter of the two of these as it is affective against the teams we perhaps are expected to get a result against.

IMG_5173.thumb.jpg.986e0e001eab53afec6ea9a3591a5479.jpg
IMG_5174.thumb.jpg.90b07e17337e64264984e94e677ee45c.jpg

I’d go with the 4-2-3-1 you’ve got there, but with Thomas on the right and F Murray on the left. Always feel Thomas is more effective on the right, where he has the option of cutting in onto his left foot. Likewise, Murray has looked best when played on the left - see his goal on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’d go with the 4-2-3-1 you’ve got there, but with Thomas on the right and F Murray on the left. Always feel Thomas is more effective on the right, where he has the option of cutting in onto his left foot. Likewise, Murray has looked best when played on the left - see his goal on Saturday.

I prefer Thomas on the left,  his delivery is sexy as hell.  Switching him to the right is certainly an option if we’re not getting enough crosses in and are more in need of a strike from outside the area but I think he’s more likely to start games on the left.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

How is that boy Strapp progressing with you guys, always thought he had something about him.

Probably available in January fire sale unless the supporters group cough up more funds.

Only hope is the bounce but, without checking, we have a reasonable recent record in Dunfermline.

Anyway I will send you my PPV contribution which is less than the petrol cost would have been anyway. 

Sadly  Pars 2 v 0 Ton .