Inverness CT vs. Dundee

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would've taken a point before the game, but obviously disappointed it came in that fashion. Down to 7th, still rubbish.

This is what's wrong Ross.

We should not be happy/accepting with a point against Inverness. We have been too shite for too long, to the point that this becomes a good result.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

We should not be happy/accepting with a point against Inverness. We have been too shite for too long, to the point that this becomes a good result.

I’d give up with Ross. That result is never acceptable. 

A few weeks back we are down 2-1 and lose. We scored a good equaliser and I thought finished the game in decent shape for a change (again, compared to earlier games). Our biggest issue is no real goal scorers to change a game and win. Defensively we are where we are. cant see that getting better. Defending is always easier if you are scoring goals.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just now, Yenitit said:

I’d give up with Ross. That result is never acceptable. 

We've literally never beaten Inverness away in the league. Of course none of this is acceptable, nobody's pretending otherwise.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Spot on. It's one pisstake to another we stumble to and then you've got folk "accepting" a point because of the pisstake we just stumbled from. The club is stale and stinking and it's seeped into fans forums now. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Going by today’s effort I’d miss the 1st 3 rounds and miss the knockout in the 11th. Fuckin pisstake of a stream. 

I'm trying to rip the piss a bit but it's clearly pretty shitty that folk have paid for what is seemingly a shit service. 

Hopefully something can be done - even if only a part refund. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

A few weeks back we are down 2-1 and lose. We scored a good equaliser and I thought finished the game in decent shape for a change (again, compared to earlier games). Our biggest issue is no real goal scorers to change a game and win. Defensively we are where we are. cant see that getting better. Defending is always easier if you are scoring goals.

Our goalkeeper is shite

Our defence can't defend

Our midfield is meh

Our strikers don't score

Our manager hasn't a clue.

7th is justified 

A defeat to Hibs, scraping a win against Arbroath and a draw against Caley. I don't expect to win every week but the fact that some people are seeing these results as positive shows how bad it's got recently.

7th in the table FFS. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

We've literally never beaten Inverness away in the league. Of course none of this is acceptable, nobody's pretending otherwise.

You have just highlighted my point in your first sentence, too shite for too long. It was you that said you would've taken a draw before the game.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Spot on. It's one pisstake to another we stumble to and then you've got folk "accepting" a point because of the pisstake we just stumbled from. The club is stale and stinking and it's seeped into fans forums now. 

I'm trying to rip the piss a bit but it's clearly pretty shitty that folk have paid for what is seemingly a shit service. 

Hopefully something can be done - even if only a part refund. 

Tbh it’s the 1st game it’s happened in and I was expecting it to be most weeks. 

More pissed off with the knick of our team than the knick of the stream!

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Our goalkeeper is shite

Our defence can't defend

Our midfield is meh

Our strikers don't score

7th is justified 

Keeper - agreed but had his best game for us today but should’ve prevented the corner they got the equaliser from. 

Defence - agreed

Midfield- will do  

Strikers - agreed. Fuckin stinking  

Manager - worst of the lot  

Disappointed not to win that although I don't think we played well at all. However we did create a number of good chances but some wasteful finishing and wonderful saves from Hamilton kept us at bay. Would have taken a point at half time but can't help feel that is two points dropped in the grand scheme of things.

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Our goalkeeper is shite

Our defence can't defend

Our midfield is meh

Our strikers don't score

7th is justified 

This is the Championship. 

7th is nothing. 7th right now is just one win from 3rd. You can be dull average (like us) and still get a play off spot. A few weeks back we would have lost that game. 

We arent getting promoted but other than whoever wins the title I dont see anyone from this division winning the playoffs, the overall level is crap.

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

7th is nothing. 7th right now is just one win from 3rd. You can be dull average (like us) and still get a play off spot. A few weeks back we would have lost that game. 

We arent getting promoted but other than whoever wins the title I dont see anyone from this division winning the playoffs, the overall level is crap.

Correct this is the championship.  We have the second biggest budget and we have signed strikers who don't score goals. We have kept a keeper who is shit and we have a defence that is weak as f**k.

Our overall level is crap because our manager signings are overall brutal

6 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Forget the playoffs. We have absolutely no chance of doing anything even if we do manage to stumble into them.

12 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Correct this is the championship.  We have the second biggest budget and we have signed strikers who don't score goals. We have kept a keeper who is shit and we have a defence that is weak as f**k.

Our overall level is crap because our manager signings are overall 

As you say, signing the wrong players is the problem. However, in that respect we are still desperately trying to piece together a team that was fucked about 3 years back. The question has to be that if we apparently have this superior budget of money compared to other clubs why do we never attract the players we want. Why do we sign average or injury prone players - not just with McPake but season after season? Why do the better players continually walk away from us (assuming we approach them at some point)?

9 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

As you say, signing the wrong players is the problem. However, in that respect we are still desperately trying to piece together a team that was fucked about 3 years back. The question has to be that if we apparently have this superior budget of money compared to other clubs why do we never attract the players we want. Why do we sign average or injury prone players - not just with McPake but season after season? Why do the better players continually walk away from us (assuming we approach them at some point)?

Apparently? You don't think this is the case ? 

12 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

As you say, signing the wrong players is the problem. However, in that respect we are still desperately trying to piece together a team that was fucked about 3 years back. 

Are we? 

Apart from Hamilton and Kerr who anybody with half a brain could see needed emptied - and the manager has had ample opportunity to but so far refused to do so then who are we "desperately" trying to piece together from? They've all been replaced, Gowser aside. Replaced by abject shite. 

Edit : for some unbeknown reason there seems to be a "this is all McCann/McIntyre's fault". The manager has been well backed, he's signed Greame Dorrans and Charlie Adam in the Scottish Championship forfucksake. This team isn't being desperately replaced from three years ago, it's been assembled and held together by elastic bands because the builder ate the fucking glue. 

Edited by Mr. Alli