Inverness CT vs. Dundee

Turns out Scot Gardiner is still a petty, pathetic waste of a human being.

'Dark Blues general manager Jim Thomson, who he was reportedly forced to wait outside the stadium for over an hour, while the Dens Park club were also denied permission to video the contest by CEO Scot Gardiner.'

Gardiner lying about the whole thing as per. What a weasel of a guy. :lol:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-blasts-inverness-for-mis-managing-dark-blues-staff-before-their-saturday-championship-clash/

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Turns out Scot Gardiner is still a petty, pathetic waste of a human being.

'Dark Blues general manager Jim Thomson, who he was reportedly forced to wait outside the stadium for over an hour, while the Dens Park club were also denied permission to video the contest by CEO Scot Gardiner.'

Gardiner lying about the whole thing as per. What a weasel of a guy. :lol:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-blasts-inverness-for-mis-managing-dark-blues-staff-before-their-saturday-championship-clash/

Exceptional deflection from McPake. As mentioned here... 

On 23/11/2020 at 08:49, Mr X said:

All of the championship clubs agreed that away clubs wouldn't film games other than for match analysis.

Raith didn't film the game at Palmerston either

...so I don't know what Dundee were expecting? If others have allowed it that's good for them but the baseline appears to be clubs shouldn't expect to be able to film away games.

Leaving the guy outside for that long is a bit shit.

Edited by RiG

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

In keeping with being a massive club and doing what massive clubs do the Dundee team buses were parked at the luxury Kingsmills Hotel on Friday night, so players and staff could relax and not have the hassle of traveling up the A9 on the Saturday morning. A small tinpot club such as my own we can't afford such luxury and would have had to travel down on the Saturday morning to Dundee or anywhere that's around a couple of hours travel.

Dundee must be minted compared to the rest of us in the Championship.

I was in a car that was between the buses on the Perth Road heading towards the Milburn Roundabout at at about 13:15.

It’s called an insurance policy 😊

3 hours ago, RiG said:

...so I don't know what Dundee were expecting? If others have allowed it that's good for them but the baseline appears to be clubs shouldn't expect to be able to film away games.

That’s not what the quote you posted claims tho 🤔

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I think its been clarified but Dundee were wanting to film the game for their own match analysis.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think its been clarified but Dundee were wanting to film the game for their own match analysis.

Aye. Complete guess but maybe there wasn't a suitable place for them to do it? The wee gantry next to the A9 is used for our highlight (and possibly future live) videoing and the main stand needs to be kept clear for players / staff apparently. Could have had someone next to the pitch in front of the "West Stand" perhaps? As I say totally guessing here.

We could sell you the Pixellot footage for what it's worth. £5?

Edited by RiG

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

In keeping with being a massive club and doing what massive clubs do the Dundee team buses were parked at the luxury Kingsmills Hotel on Friday night, so players and staff could relax and not have the hassle of traveling up the A9 on the Saturday morning. A small tinpot club such as my own we can't afford such luxury and would have had to travel down on the Saturday morning to Dundee or anywhere that's around a couple of hours travel.

Dundee must be minted compared to the rest of us in the Championship.

I was in a car that was between the buses on the Perth Road heading towards the Milburn Roundabout at at about 13:15.

Really interesting.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Aye. Complete guess but maybe there wasn't a suitable place for them to do it? The wee gantry next to the A9 is used for our highlight (and possibly future live) videoing and the main stand needs to be kept clear for players / staff apparently. Could have had someone next to the pitch in front of the "West Stand" perhaps? As I say totally guessing here.

We could sell you the Pixellot footage for what it's worth. £5?

They could have used one of the gantries at the 18-yard lines. 

I remember a Scottish Cup game at Huntly where our highlights/analysis was filmed from a gantry at one of the corner flags. 

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's only about 5 minutes away from the ground by road, so the team would have been there by 13:20-13:25. McPake is talking shite.

You realise that it's unlikely that the general manager of the club is unlikely to be on the team bus, right?

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

That was the reason behind my post.

They would have got to the ground while he was still outside waiting.

Nothing said about the everybody else having to wait until 13:45 to get in.

Did they all leave their mobiles behind in Dundee?

Maybe he was having a kip having been kept waiting so long!

Quite, quite rude.