Well v Saints 12/12/2020

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

2 teams who are in false positions for opposite reasons. A win here and the SPFL coming to a sensible conclusion would have us equal on points with Motherwell & the Robinson out calls will intensify. 

3-0 St Mirren.

Or us getting our mojo back and winning and the SPFL throwing out your appeal will see both sides in their normal (ish) positions in the league. As you were......

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Just watched it back and had to laugh, although some of our goals that night were funny too

Absolute shite, eh. Hartley stepping out for the 4th goal like someone had tied his shoelaces together. 

Mental how we looked infinitely more settled when we binned the two recognised centre backs and played a back 3 made up of two full backs and a centre mid. 

I hate it when opposition fans are so down beat about their chances before a game, never works out well for us [emoji23].

Read it on here a few times. This Motherwell team appear to be lacking a style/identity this season that previous successful Well teams have had. Whether it was the shitfest or stylish youthful football.

In general Motherwell are a bogey team of ours although we have done well at Fir Park in recent form

If Durmus and Connolly are in the mood I hope we can cause a few issues at their end, just hope we can take some chances.

Need to start putting serious points on the table now, especially after the 3-0 defeats.

Some wonderful strong words from Jim about our mis-firing forwards this week (see St Mirren thread). To be fair, now we're actually creating chances, it's absolutely on them to sort themselves out.

The kicker for me is that I'd probably swap Morias, Dennis AND Erwin for Danny Mullen. And then you'd still have money for an extra striker or two.

Still, we are where we are. Probably only the odd goal in this one either way. Couldn't pick a winner though.

It tells you how bad our left back situation is when we are going to play a right back out of position and that player is Grimshaw. Who is often suspect at right back ! Assuming he does not move SOD to left back. 

Dropping Polworth is interesting. He can be one of the most influential players in the side, but he has gone off the boil last few weeks. A rest may not be a bad thing for him. 

It will be a close game and I just hope we can get over the line with 3 points. I certainly do not want another dodgy decision against us to have a large bearing on the outcome. 

Edited by welldaft

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It tells you how bad our left back situation is when we are going to play a right back out of position and that player is Grimshaw. Who is often suspect at right back !

Must be galling when you see who our left back is. And when you consider he's an absolute stick-on to be our PotS this year.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Must be galling when you see who our left back is. And when you consider he's an absolute stick-on to be our PotS this year.

Tait has been the best signing St.Mirren have made in years. He’s bloody everywhere, popping up in attack like Gerard Pique, and solid at the back as well. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Tait has been the best signing St.Mirren have made in years. He’s bloody everywhere, popping up in attack like Gerard Pique, and solid at the back as well. 

He has to be knocking on the door for Team of the Season. (I know there's massive competition, so it won't happen, but maybe he'd be in B team of the season.)

18 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It tells you how bad our left back situation is when we are going to play a right back out of position and that player is Grimshaw. Who is often suspect at right back ! Assuming he does not move SOD to left back. 

Dropping Polworth is interesting. He can be one of the most influential players in the side, but he has gone off the boil last few weeks. A rest may not be a bad thing for him. 

It will be a close game and I just hope we can get over the line with 3 points. I certainly do not want another dodgy decision against us to have a large bearing on the outcome. 

Can the SPFL not just referee our games, they always give sound decisions