Well v Saints 12/12/2020

Unless we break the habit of the season and score an equalising goal then this is yet another dismal afternoon for us. I cant see us getting back in this mind you as it looks same old, same old. Flat, powderpuff and too easily beaten down the flanks.

Robinson out.

HT 0-1

Good stuff. Accies and County losing aswell.
It’s been tight but I think we’ve been the better team and are deservedly ahead.
Erhahon been good again, Obika leading the line well and it was their combination which set up our goal. Well finished my McGrath.
Tait been his usual excellent self - thanks for him Well, he’s brilliant. Doyle-Hayes seems to get better every week.
Would be a big three points if we can see this it out. Think we’ll need a second goal to win it though as I can see Well scoring second half.

Aside from a spell before the goal went in, I think we've looked the hungrier of the two sides. Organised and determined.

Of course, football, as we all know, is a game of two halves and we've seen that we are more than capable of downing tools - the Morton game being a perfect example. Let's hope that we come back onto the field as hungry as we left it.

I get heavy Stuart Carswell vibes from Maguire. 

Me too...
Still think he could have reacted better to the keeper save which led to the goal.
I am not pleased with the performance. In saying that I think it has been an even game in terms of chances. We just take the wrong option up front each and every time. We need a large slice of luck if we are going to score as we don’t seem capable of doing that at all.

There was nearly good moments from us and we weren’t completely terrible or anything. However, it is far too easy for St Mirren to pass through us and as Swello said we are soft.

For me Mugabi is a liability and I’d be putting O’Hara back there and bringing Polworth on. The front three have been quiet although Long’s cross for Lang was quality. Watt has barely touched the ball and Long/Lang need to shoot or pass so much quicker. Grimshaw looks our best left back? Mental.

37 minutes ago, Swami said:

Can’t deal with this pronunciation of Shaughnessy. 

I was going to ask that. Does the G in his name really get pronounced like that? I seem to remember Derek Rae pronouncing it the same way years ago and made mention that was the correct way to say it. 

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Second only to ‘Kyle Hutton vibes’.

Pleased with the first half performance, just hope we can start getting a second goal while well on top. Tait’s been our best player again, he and Durmus are starting to link up very well.

What a relief that the real Ilkay Durmus has now stood up.