Dundee FC vs Dunfermline Athletic

Simply put, if we're on our game we can beat Dunfermline, especially at home. We've barely been 'on our game' though at all this seasons, and defo not for more than 45 minutes in any one game. If McPake is ever going to prove to the fanbase that he has what it takes to get the best out of this team, he has to win tomorrow.
Same but us and Crawford.
Seems daft but we've not played for 90 mins yet. Hearts probably best performance. We've leaked goals in almost every game and scored from set pieces.
Hopefully this isnt another roller coaster season.

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Same but us and Crawford.
Seems daft but we've not played for 90 mins yet. Hearts probably best performance. We've leaked goals in almost every game and scored from set pieces.
Hopefully this isnt another roller coaster season.

Tbf to Crawford, while I'm sure his team isn't perfect i.e. still having the issues you've listed, he's proven he has a team that can compete with everyone, beat the bigger teams in the league, and really challenge up top. Dundee and the fans expect a similar level of performance, but every win we've had has been underwhelming and against teams we expect to beat. We never seem to beat teams gunning for the top spots.

We capitulate every time we play a potential competitor or team better than us. McPake has yet to show that he is able to win a big competitive game, and tbh I doubt he ever will, not that it will affect his employment. He knows he needs to prove it to the fans, and while imo it's hard to say not winning this game would make the fans' opinions any worse than what they are is probably meaningless, I don't think anyone will be expecting anything at all going forward if we can't show our best against a promotion rival in theory once again.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Pretty sure last season we played you around this time and went two up only to draw 2-2.
We've had decent players for ages and keep messing up.
Still to be convinced about SC but he is doing better. He's won two manager of the month awards but theres cracks there.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

This is a big game in the chase for play off spots. For us anyway.

You would expect Ayr and ICT to win their games against Arbroath and Alloa, if we win this then we stay within 3 points of the play-off places, we lose and the gap would stretch to 6 points and game over for the season imo.

McPake would have to go if we lose this.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I have money on a Dunfermline victory. 

• Every single game we play, we as fans always, always hope for a Dundee victory.
  • Win the game tomorrow, the ongoing managerial sleepwalk unfortunately continues.
  • Lose tomorrow, we may even glean an adult decision from the boardroom. As highlighted by johnnydun, we're then chasing even a play-off promotion position.

Anyway, Dele my man, mine's a double if that's okay, we appoint Tommy Wright and promote Chic, I'll return it with a treble and maybe even a packet of crisps.

Regards

PS, WGS needs to zip it or piss off back into the mainstream and not embarrass our club with HIS opinions. 

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pretty sure last season we played you around this time and went two up only to draw 2-2.

Bitch plz. That was first game of the season. 

Second game we were 4-1 up and it ended 4-3. You then scudded us 2-0 going on about 4.

Bitch plz. That was first game of the season. 
Second game we were 4-1 up and it ended 4-3. You then scudded us 2-0 going on about 4.
Yeah, the game i was thinking of was 4-3.
Thought we went ahead in that game but best was a draw.
Still those scores show that we are all over the shop under Crawford.
I can't remember the last time we got the best out of a team all season.
League one probably. Its been up and down ever since.

Where does the optimism come from?

Couple of Friday beers and the past is forgotten and you feel we could roll over our Fife chums[emoji16]

Will McPake ditch the three at the back plan that has caught us out previously? Will we counter Dunfermline'mobile midfield? (with our new 'box to box' find)

Will our developing forward line finally 'click' and dispel the opinion that they are just a little bit meh?

'Mon to #### Dundee- please give us something to smile about in what has been (so far) a boggin year off and on the football park!

Dreading an afternoon watching the game with my Dundee ST holder wife. We normally sit in opposite ends when at Pars Dundee games. Not sure how sitting together will work out. I do get quite animated at times, which bugs the shit out of her.

Plus side is already having the stream paid for.

I can't say I'm very optimistic, the two times I watched Dundee last season (the home games) they were very poor, despite this though the stage of our defence gives me some concern. 

Dundee to win by 2, Charlie Adam with at least 1. 

Dreading an afternoon watching the game with my Dundee ST holder wife. We normally sit in opposite ends when at Pars Dundee games. Not sure how sitting together will work out. I do get quite animated at times, which bugs the shit out of her.
Plus side is already having the stream paid for.
Chuck her if Dundee win IMO