The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ Annoyed he missed the 23yo cancer sufferer for 2020. NAP she’s captain in his 2021 team. 

Oh for sure I was annoyed. It did look like a stunningly good pick, at the time, but she's showing a remarkable unwillingness to cash in her chips . Whether she's a good shout for 2021 remains to be seen.

Edited by Aim Here

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ Annoyed he missed the 23yo cancer sufferer for 2020. NAP she’s captain in his 2021 team. 

Is Aim Here referring to Slick Woods? She seems to be doing okay. 

Picking a terminally ill 23 year old is no more "sicko" than picking an older person with a similar disease. 

Older Celebrities Lives Matter!

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Is Aim Here referring to Slick Woods? She seems to be doing okay. 

Picking a terminally ill 23 year old is no more "sicko" than picking an older person with a similar disease. 

Older Celebrities Lives Matter!

Yes I am, and yes she does.

And 'sickos' is an all-inclusive term for everyone in this thread, as per TxRover's initial use of the term. Just because I called alta-pete a sicko, that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

But just to be on the safe side:

Disclaimer: For the purposes of all communications in the Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021 thread, and in all preceding and succeeding threads fulfilling the same purpose and similar title of such threads, and in all forum postings and communications in reference thereof, the term 'sicko' will be construed as applicable terminology for all Dead Pool participants (hereafter referred to as 'the players'), past and future, without such use precluding it's application to non-participants in certain, as yet undetermined, situations. Furthermore, the application of the term 'sicko' to one or other subset of 'the players', including, but not limited to, players who select particular celebrities, players who choose individual celebrities based on criterion such as age, nature of infirmity, points scored in the 'Dead Pool' game or some other such determining characteristic, or players who choose their entire roster based on said heretoforementioned criteria shall not, to the maximum extent permissible by the common and Statute Law in the jurisdiction of any federal or state court within the state of Delaware, United States of America, be misconstrued as precluding the application of the term 'sicko' to such of 'the players' who do not belong to the aforementioned subset, nor shall it preclude the application of the term to non-participating individuals who don't happen to be members of 'the players', but are otherwise qualified for one or other application of the term 'sicko'.

That should make things absolutely crystal clear.

Sicko.

Edited by Aim Here

This is where you've got to go a bit deeper than "celebrities with cancer". Five year survival rate for stage 3 melanoma is 75%. Compare that with brain tumour, 35% or pancreatic cancer <10%. Slick Woods (whoever she is) is a long shot IMO. Maybe worth putting in your team but I wouldn't have her as captain.

(Post will be deleted if Ms Woods is a hit in 2021)

I try and have as young a team as possible on a high risk/score return. Won it last year with a thoroughly researched team, this year I rushed it and the results don’t lie.

However, I would go full Kevin Keegan if said Ms Woods decided it has all become too much and tops herself on Hogmanay. As sick as that may come across. However, think of all those lovely points.

Probably end up bursting the DP scorecard like Desperate Dan on that hammer/bell machine at the shows. 

14 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

This is where you've got to go a bit deeper than "celebrities with cancer". Five year survival rate for stage 3 melanoma is 75%. 

I got burnt, pardon the pun, picking Vinnie Jones a few years ago based on melanomas and won't be doing it again. 

20 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Yes I am, and yes she does.

And 'sickos' is an all-inclusive term for everyone in this thread, as per TxRover's initial use of the term. Just because I called alta-pete a sicko, that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

But just to be on the safe side:

Disclaimer: For the purposes of all communications in the Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021 thread, and in all preceding and succeeding threads fulfilling the same purpose and similar title of such threads, and in all forum postings and communications in reference thereof, the term 'sicko' will be construed as applicable terminology for all Dead Pool participants (hereafter referred to as 'the players'), past and future, without such use precluding it's application to non-participants in certain, as yet undetermined, situations. Furthermore, the application of the term 'sicko' to one or other subset of 'the players', including, but not limited to, players who select particular celebrities, players who choose individual celebrities based on criterion such as age, nature of infirmity, points scored in the 'Dead Pool' game or some other such determining characteristic, or players who choose their entire roster based on said heretoforementioned criteria shall not, to the maximum extent permissible by the common and Statute Law in the jurisdiction of any federal or state court within the state of Delaware, United States of America, be misconstrued as precluding the application of the term 'sicko' to such of 'the players' who do not belong to the aforementioned subset, nor shall it preclude the application of the term to non-participating individuals who don't happen to be members of 'the players', but are otherwise qualified for one or other application of the term 'sicko'.

That should make things absolutely crystal clear.

Sicko.

😃

Pour yourself a large dram (ideally a single malt) and don't take it all so seriously. 

2 hours ago, The_Craig said:

It's the most wonderful time of the year. 

2020 was some year, been hanging in and around the top 10.

Cue not a single hit in 21.

It's terrible.

I normally go for young and at deaths door.

* Over the last decade I probably have 80% of my points by May.

Now, in the Covid Era, I'm thinking 10/15 isn't going to be enough if I just go for folk that are going to die.

People that include the English Queen and her Swiss hubby are idiots tho.

At the stage of humming and hawing, been a disappointing second half to the season and I've got a few more newbs to fit in. Its a pickle eh ? guaranteed I drop the wrong ones. More research required although Xmas day aside, we're going to have plenty of time on our hands.