Morton v Queens

Out if interest, what positives do you think there are right now on the playing side?

Positives? Well this probably wont take long :)
The big positive is that we were obviously very cautious as a club over the summer, releasing nearly all our players, meaning we assembled a cheap, young squad so as not to threaten the club’s existence. Not every club in the division did that, so we were always going to be in a 5-way dogfight at the bottom this year with the other lower spending clubs, Alloa, Arbroath, morton & Raith (who have been unexpectedly really good so far). I thot most people seemed to be on board with this initially, but that now seems to have changed a bit with the last couple of results.
Player wise - i think we’re better to watch than we were last year. Young Maxwell looks a great prospect. Willie Gibsons fitness has been a pleasant surprise. I think (in the right shape of midfield) McKee could be a very decent player. Fitzpatrick is clearly talented and has shown this in flashes, but has looked a bit off it recently. Shields is direct & a handful. And we still have Dobbie. I also thot we had found a decent keeper in Ferguson after his league cup performances, but the jury is back out on him at the moment.
I think everyone can see we could do with a couple of dirty b*****ds in the team at centre half and centre mid to make us harder to score against. Hopefully this can happen in jan, but until then i think we could be trying a change of shape to see if we can stop leaking goals so easily. Im not against changing the manager at some point if he cant turn it around, but would rather spend the cash on players than a pay-off.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

What, u mean AJ wont implement my ideas immediately? Well thats crap.
Anyway, just get a bit fed up of the relentless negativity. I remember the Willie Harkness days, so I can exercise a bit of perspective at times like these.
Dont think Morton are anything to worry about, based on the league cup game, so quite optimistic of taking something at the weekend.

Out if interest, what positives do you think there are right now on the playing side?

The fact that we can't actually go and watch a game?

On 13/12/2020 at 19:13, Northfield 53 said:

Queens lost 6-1  Morton had a very good win as Dunfermline .

Wonder what team will have the confidence to win the game 

This is the problem have a decent squad like Morton but have huge money problems or have a poor squad like Queens with no money problems

Our squad is not great and our assistant manager has publicly said we pay peanuts.

That said we have too many players. 13 or 14 assorted midfielders and only 1 goalkeeper. Quality squadbuilding from Hopkin.

Our assistant manager has now apparently said that Hopkin was paying players *out of his own pocket*...
We are a shambles and it increasingly looks as though Queens’ best chance of finishing above us might not involve actually beating us on the pitch...
Aye, as I said on the relegation thread, our best chance of avoiding the drop is for Morton to enter administration but I would rather we were relegated than another club going to the wall*.

* With the exclusion of the obvious clubs of course.

Three at the back and in the middle would make a lot of sense for any soft as shite tram, but it takes good organisation than usual to stop one of the defenders or wing backs from playing everyone onside. Not convinced that Johnston has the ability to try that sort of change.

I've got a feeling that Queen of the South will actually win this anyway. There's not huge amount of difference in terms of quality (lack of) between the teams, and Saturday's good result doesn't mean our problems behind the scenes have disappeared either. Another win - even a spawny one - would be huge in terms of building up a healthy margin, which we could well need every point of after January.

Two sets of supporters with apparently very little interest in this, which is understandable, but I'm hoping this week's scare at least provokes a good turnout for the stream.

Can't decide whether it's likely to be a cagey draw -- Morton wanting Queens to come on to them, Queens refusing to do so kinda thing -- or the spark of competitive spirit from last week will be enough for us to sneak it.

1-0 the Ton would do very nicely.

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Two sets of supporters with apparently very little interest in this, which is understandable, but I'm hoping this week's scare at least provokes a good turnout for the stream.

Can't decide whether it's likely to be a cagey draw -- Morton wanting Queens to come on to them, Queens refusing to do so kinda thing -- or the spark of competitive spirit from last week will be enough for us to sneak it.

The Ton will definitely score our defence is very poor both centre backs prefer to watch the game rather than play .

We have nobody to win the ball in midfield right through the middle weak .

The only thing we do  have is some money in the bank to pay the players .

24 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The Ton will definitely score our defence is very poor both centre backs prefer to watch the game rather than play .

We have nobody to win the ball in midfield right through the middle weak .

The only thing we do  have is some money in the bank to pay the players .

Would be excellent news if we had enough money in the bank to pay some of them to leave.

Guest 4RedCards
21 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

After my last experience and no reply re my complaint I will not be financing Morton in any respect. Fold or Survive I don’t care.

Just saw the line-up. I really have no idea what to expect after seeing it.

Fergusson
Maxwell
Nortei
Buchanan
Obileye
McCabe
Shields
East
Dobbie
Goss
Gibson

I mean, we are garbage at CM so I suppose only playing 1 CM won't make much difference.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fergusson
Maxwell
Nortei
Buchanan
Obileye
McCabe
Shields
East
Dobbie
Goss
Gibson

I mean, we are garbage at CM so I suppose only playing 1 CM won't make much difference.

I'd forgotten you guys had signed Buchanan, that gives me a wee bit more confidence for today. Though if he happens to be up against Muirhead I suppose that cancels out any benefit it might've given us.......

Fergusson
Maxwell
Nortei
Buchanan
Obileye
McCabe
Shields
East
Dobbie
Goss
Gibson

Nortei started there last week, did he not? I'd imagine it will be him beside McCabe.