Morton v Queens

Can we just take relegation now? 
Give all other teams  a 3-0 default win and go into hibernation until the summer - it would better for all involved.
If there was a way to get rid of this shower of charlatans, including the management and only be penalised by relegation I'd take it right now and save the club some money.

Said it the other week but now we're 10th we won't be moving from that spot. A fresh start next season in League 1 but if Alan Johnston is given another year I'll be seriously considering not attending next year.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If there was a way to get rid of this shower of charlatans, including the management and only be penalised by relegation I'd take it right now and save the club some money.

Said it the other week but now we're 10th we won't be moving from that spot. A fresh start next season in League 1 but if Alan Johnston is given another year I'll be seriously considering not attending next year.

I would  not be surprised if he sees out his contract in the summer. Particularly,  if we are taking government grants. 

However, it would suicide to keep him on when it expires. 

Make no mistake we were truly awful but Morton were every bit as bad. They created virtually nothing and somehow scored two goals from open play. I guess it sums up how easy it is to score against us and take the points.

Squad littered with players who lack the ability and application required.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

On the back of a week of turmoil, we effortlessly stroll into third place.

What a club.

In fairness, if you didn’t beat us today you would be as well calling it a day.

We are at late 80s, early 90s level of shite. 

Three games played against Queens, Arbroath and Alloa: 7 points and 0 conceded. It's not going to get great plaudits for style but this Morton team is brutally effective at nicking other team's lunch money every other week and so long as we maintain even half of that organisation and attitude, we'll be just fine this season. A huge ten days and now everyone can enjoy Christmas and try our luck against Inverness with little pressure.

Got to feel a bit sorry for Shields and Maxwell,  and maybe Gibson,  having to play with that crew.  The complete  lack of awareness,  determination,  composure or even a smidgen of ability,  is frightening. Could anybody make this shower of wage thief's into a half decent team, I doubt it.  

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Make no mistake we were truly awful but Morton were every bit as bad. 

Things that opposition fans say every week, shortly after we rise further up the table. We are much better at shitfesting and that's the style we're going for. As soon as any team gets dragged into that then our chances of getting the right result are good.

Queen of the South's squad isn't any more deficient than ours but there's no such fundamental gameplan or idea of how best to win with it, which is why you're nine points behind us already.

Edited by vikingTON

The first half was a non-event other than the goal, but thought we started the second really well. Queens then grew into it and really should have equalised, but lovely goal to finish it off and it was never in doubt after that. Strapp, McGinty, Lyon and believe it or not Muirhead all played really well and it's great for Orsi to get goals too.

While you have to take into account the opposition and especially defending we were up against today, we've looked a much better team in the last two games. There's still an emphasis on defensive shitfesting, long balls and physical battles in our approach, but we actually have a plan for how to win games with it which was lacking under Hopkin.

An eight point gap to 9th now and you can't really ask for much better this early in the season.

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Make no mistake we were truly awful but Morton were every bit as bad. They created virtually nothing and somehow scored two goals from open play. I guess it sums up how easy it is to score against us and take the points.

Don’t drag us into your doom wallowing 

Was never a classic as they say, but the most important thing is we have another 3 points which incredibly takes us into 3rd place.

We're defending well and are now scoring at vital times. Well done Orsi for his two goals today and a mention to Muirhead who I thought played well today and last week too. 

Great cross for the 2nd goal lets hope he is at last showing a bit of form

9 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Our back four were better than your back four, we had two players willing and able to take the ball on a terrible pitch in McPake and Lyon, and Kalvin Orsi, well, he scored twice.

Apart from that, you’re spot on...

Things that opposition fans say every week, shortly after we rise further up the table. We are much better at shitfesting and that's the style we're going for. As soon as any team gets drag into that then our chances of getting the right result are good.
Queen of the South's squad isn't any more deficient than ours but there's no such fundamental gameplan or idea of how best to win with it, which is why you're nine points behind us already.

I only say what I see - if I thought you had played well and deserved the points I would say so. I would go as far as to say it is one of the most uninspiring Morton teams I have seen but surviving is all that matters and the points that you are building will surely keep you safe. It is not sour grapes I am under no illusions about how poor we are but from what I’ve seen of Ayr, Arbroath, Alloa, Morton the league is packed full of mediocrity.