*** slayers v St Johnstone 19/12/20

Well done to st Mirren for Wednesday night. A great performance and excellent result for Scottish football.  

Only saw the second half, but impressed with the Mirrens, they've really found some form after they were possibly the worst team we've seen when Saints destroyed them 1-0 at McDiarmid earlier in the season.  Look to have found their stride now.

A difficult match in which a draw looks fairly likely, but we could be doing with a win to make up for last weeks' shocking result.

The irony of 'honking Perth patter' from comfortably the worst collection of posters on the forum is not lost.

1-1. Save the fireworks for the league cup final in a couple of months time.

Result might depend on how St Mirren players react to last night. They'll either start on fire, or struggle to motivate themselves. Can be hard after such a high to start again.

Hoping we have Conway/MOH available. Back to the 5-2-3 with May central and Wotherspoon left. Wouldnt mind a switch to a back four but everything's working away from home so far.

Now ten unbeaten in all competitions. Won at Fir Park last weekend, knocked the best team in the country out the cup last night.
Would be very St Mirren to end this unbeaten run at home to a St Johnstone team who’s last two games have been a loss at home to Livingston and a draw with Dunfermline.
It’s a big game for us this, actually. Have to assume we aren’t getting anything back from the appeal and we are therefore deep in a relegation tussle.
Win here and we will be up to 8th and go above the Saintees with at least one game in hand.
Most obvious selection headache for Jim is on the left hand side. Go with the more attack minded Durmus or the more defensive minded Mason. Both have been deployed with success recently, it’s a good headache to have. I’d go back with Durmus, I don’t know who the St Johnstone right back is but I don’t think he offers as much attacking threat as Tavernier, Ilkay has more match winning potential.
I’ll go for a come down and a frustrating afternoon, but for the run to continue:
1-1

After the tombola effort the other night,  expecting/hoping for a return to some sort of normality.

Clark

McN  Kerr Gordon  McCart  Tanser

McCann  Muzz 

MOH  May  Spoony

Unconvinced by that headgear Conway was sporting, can't see that being feasible for 90 minutes so expect him off the bench. 

0 - 0, no corners, 1 shot each, zero on target. Both managers unable to fault the effort of the players. 

Is this the first time Joe Shaughnessey has played against us since he came back north? Pretty sure he was suspended for the Perth leg.

29 minutes ago, Munoz said:

After carefully looking at the xG stats, I can't see anything but a home win for the Paisley Saints. 

Congratulations on learning to read numbers.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You really don't have any self awareness do you?

Congratulations on trying to insult someone without resorting to homophobia. 

I think we should be careful here. After all, our rural cousins are just off the back of one of the greatest results in their history by making the the League Cup semi finals, a competition it should be noted which they have never won in the history of the tournament. In fact, the last time they were in the  final Steps were topping the chart with their hit "Tragedy" - a song title that could sum up their League Cup history.

In terms of the league; punching above their weight in the league, testament must go to their rookie manager for managing to get themselves into such a lofty position albeit that brief period of success has waned somewhat with them registering just one league win in their last 6 games. No doubt Davidson will be looking to halt the slump.

No, I think it would be naive to dismiss our tractor owning, tory voting, top league brethren as they are certainly capable of pulling off a shock win here.

Edited by Ric

Steps were number 1 with Tragedy in January 2016? Learn something new every day.

(We've been in the semi loads of times since then btw, just not the final)

I can't see anything other than a St Mirren victory here to be honest. They've built up a  lot of momentum recently and will be on a massive high after Wednesday.