Saints v Rangers 23/12/20 6pm

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In typical Rangers fashion, their Twitter account has posted details on how to access tomorrow’s game and totally avoided mentioning our PPV stream.

I don't think I could cope with listening to Tom providing audio coverage of a game, his waffling on would do my tits in.

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

do you know what paypal is mate

Someone as staunch as RG won't use that tbf.

If you're streaming in 240p then maybe you could use them. Likes of Hola and Zenmate aren't really much use for anything better than that. Plus Hola is a major security risk.

Lmao. If any non-Rangers fans want a hand with getting a good free VPN I can point in the direction through DMs.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

My view is a purely selfish one, and I won't be paying £17.50 for a single match. I think it is overpriced for a single match, yes. £10/£12 I'd have considered it, but £17.50 just isn't value for money. I understand they've set this price to protect the value of season tickets, I just won't be choosing to pay the PPV price.

This also relates to a wider point that I have discussed before in the sense that fans are complaining at how little we (Rangers fans) have had to pay for away games this season, but this will be the first season, probably in my lifetime, that I will have payed less to watch away games over the course of the season compared to other fans.

Rangers (and Celtic fans) are charged considerably higher than any other fan to watch their team at away grounds, so I'm not going to feel privileged that this one off season I'll be paying a bit less for a change.

Fair enough, it's down to individual choice. It is a lot to pay for a match on tv, but as a season ticket holder I'd fee like aggrieved if people paying for occasional matches were getting them cheaper than the cost per game it worked out as being for me. You can't keep everyone happy I guess.

But your point about paying more at away games than other fans is as blinkered as it gets.

This must be the first league match in years at McDiarmid Park against either of the OF sides which isn't live on tv. Do you know how many times Saints' league matches at either Celtic or rangers have been shown live on television over the same period? Take a guess.

We don't get the luxury of being able to choose to watch our team on tv in Glasgow the same way you lot do for away games.  Same for most teams in the league.  

The national football tv provider (whoever it happens to be at the time) in Scotland covers the sport here purely for the benefit of two sets of fans, yet we all have to pay the same price for it.

28 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fair enough, it's down to individual choice. It is a lot to pay for a match on tv, but as a season ticket holder I'd fee like aggrieved if people paying for occasional matches were getting them cheaper than the cost per game it worked out as being for me. You can't keep everyone happy I guess.

But your point about paying more at away games than other fans is as blinkered as it gets.

This must be the first league match in years at McDiarmid Park against either of the OF sides which isn't live on tv. Do you know how many times Saints' league matches at either Celtic or rangers have been shown live on television over the same period? Take a guess.

We don't get the luxury of being able to choose to watch our team on tv in Glasgow the same way you lot do for away games.  Same for most teams in the league.  

The national football tv provider (whoever it happens to be at the time) in Scotland covers the sport here purely for the benefit of two sets of fans, yet we all have to pay the same price for it.

Yes, that’s a fair point. I was looking at it from an angle of attending the matches but appreciate it’s a different ball game, so to speak, when you consider the disparity in the TV coverage between Rangers and Celtic compared to the rest.

Our PPV prices were probably decided on the premise there was every chance we wouldn't host Celtic or Rangers this season without it being on Sky, so we'd be losing out on away crowds from these two clubs altogether this season.

Probably also considered the fact the next two biggest crowds you'd expect (Aberdeen/Dundee United), are also games we seem to get on TV/you'd expect to get on TV.