Dumbarton vs East Fife

19 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Not much you can do if the ref is part-basing his call on a wind forecast. Assume he wants to get tore back into the Christmas shandy. 

It actually had me thinking earlier, when’s the last our pitch actually passed an inspection? We always seem to fail them. 

Maybe it’s the same guy we call out all the time and he just can’t be fucked. 

It actually had me thinking earlier, when’s the last our pitch actually passed an inspection? We always seem to fail them. 
If it is a local ref that is actually doing the game he would do it but most of the time it's Euan Anderson as he lives local. They do take in the forecast big time in their decision. Unfortunately they don't really take into account our location, the wind is a massive factor down there in stopping the park flooding, that's why I was really surprised at todays call off. Of all the postponements I had I can safely say by 3pm only one was the right call.

I wonder if we are sometimes overly cautious about calling pitch inspections.

I would have thought in most cases the ref would just go ahead with a game if conditions were slightly unfavourable but both teams were there and ready to play.

I’m seconds away from the stadium and I can confirm the wind isn’t even half as bad as that shitey BBC forecast, which is pretty much wildly inaccurate on a daily basis. Other outlets reporting the wind in the mid 20s, and even that seems a bit of a stetch. 
There’s also only been 2 games played on that pitch in 2 months.
Not good enough IMHO.

Been blowing a hoolie, and pissin down in Alexandria since 10am,

What benefits our club having call offs exactly??

1 hour ago, optimistic said:

Been blowing a hoolie, and pissin down in Alexandria since 10am,

What benefits our club having call offs exactly??

Who said it benefits the club? 

My criticism is aimed at the fact we’ve now failed to get a game on for the third time this season despite the weather in the lead up to today being perfect and the fact we’ve played two games on the pitch in two months. At no point did I, or anyone else, even remotely suggest that we somehow think the club benefits from it or deiberately wants games called off. 

We have to do better at getting games on in general, it’s not just today. It does us no favours having to cram games in midweek.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

There was an inspection before the Raith game at the end of February that passed.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve nae idea what the weather has been like in Greenock and I don’t doubt for a second this is a genuine call off but I’m shocked it is off as the weather here has actually been nice all week, nevermind just dry. I went to bed steamin at 4am this morning and it was still dry.

It was absolutely hooring it down sideways yesterday evening and so presumably was the same on your shan side of the Clyde. 

4 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Aye folk can grumble. Totally agree.

I just thought for perspective to raise the point Morton's full time ground staff couldn't get their pitch playable and we'll have same weather as them.

We really don't have full time ground staff and now train on the pitch as well so it's been a mess already with the autumn conditions. The general point is accurate though and it shouldn't be a huge surprise that neither park was playable after last night/more to come today.