Rangers vs Hibs

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Arfield down for two minutes minimum plus a bunch of subs, three minutes. :lol:

(And yes it's pathetic that I care.)

The Arfield stoppage took 2 mins 50 secs.

48 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Rangers absolutely strolling this, with Hibs carrying all the threat of a 6 week old kitten. 3 or 4 nil might be worth a punt.

Christmas bonus down the drain then.  402783116_JackSloshed.png.d44deec9364e5bf2687f5ac6e2a954c1.png

Pity that it was lost by a soft goal but such is to be expected from our defence.

No surprise to see Billy Collum deny Hibernian a stonewall penalty and the chance to earn a point at Ibrox. Disgraceful.

We did well considering who we had out. Barnes did a lot better than I had expected too.

Edited by Zing.

Relief is my overriding emotion after watching that. Decent first half followed by a shocking second half where we were fortunate not to concede.

We did defend relatively well to be fair but Hibs were controlling the game but just couldn’t turn any of their set pieces into a genuine opportunity.

As for the penalty claim, I think it would’ve been soft (especially since Hagi never made contact with him) but I’ve seen them given. Similar to the Tavernier one in the first half. That was less of a penalty in my view but there was contact and I’ve seen them given.

Worrying to see Arfield go off with what looks like a sore one especially given the tough run of fixtures we have coming up.

Hibs looked tidy on the ball second half but all too often it broke down with Nisbet being really ineffectual and we managed the space Boyle was offered quite well.

Hibs are a good team, no doubt about that. Another day they’d have shared the spoils.

Thought we were very slow going forward today and wasted so many opportunities to create. I had that sinking feeling when Hibs were getting all those corners in the 2nd half that it was going to come back and bite us but we stumbled over the line in the end.

Rangers played far better at Easter Rd earlier in the season and never won.

Still, delighted to get the 3 points and onto the next game.

I've gained a few more grey hairs but that was a deserved win.  Hibs competed well - and worked harder than we did after HT - but we had more/better chances.

A good 10 minutes from Alfie who really should have scored.

Let's hope (vainly) that our South Lanarkshire brothers can deliver a late Xmas present.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Relief is my overriding emotion after watching that. Decent first half followed by a shocking second half where we were fortunate not to concede.

We did defend relatively well to be fair but Hibs were controlling the game but just couldn’t turn any of their set pieces into a genuine opportunity.

As for the penalty claim, I think it would’ve been soft (especially since Hagi never made contact with him) but I’ve seen them given. Similar to the Tavernier one in the first half. That was less of a penalty in my view but there was contact and I’ve seen them given.

Worrying to see Arfield go off with what looks like a sore one especially given the tough run of fixtures we have coming up.

Hibs looked tidy on the ball second half but all too often it broke down with Nisbet being really ineffectual and we managed the space Boyle was offered quite well.

Hibs are a good team, no doubt about that. Another day they’d have shared the spoils.

Aye, there's a big Scott Allan shaped hole in our midfield during these games just now. He might not compete as well as Hallberg or Newall in that 3 man midfield but he can pick a ball for a counter attack like no one else

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

"Had it not been for Dillon Barnes, this would have been a three, four-nil game." 

Hate it when commentators say stuff like that. Yes, if a team went into a game without a goalkeeper, they would probably concede quite a few goals.

The St Johnstone fans may have something to say about this...

Interesting to see the analysis of the penalty claims.

Had Column seen the Hagi high boot as a foul, it would have been an indirect free kick for dangerous play, not a penalty.

And watching Jack Ross interview if he thinks the Porteous one is a penalty, then so is Taverner first half as it's pretty much the same, accidental contact that breaks the stride.

For me, none of the 3 are penalties, but Column should have given an indirect free kick for Hagi's high foot (no contact).

What a beautiful technique this guy has. My MOTM today.

A well deserved victory, if a little nervous at times, that is our twelve in a row in the league and sees us go 19 points ahead of second. Can't complain with that.