Aberdeen v Rangers - 10th Jan

So, Rangers travel up to Aberdeen on Sunday and I'm expecting to face a tougher side than our last two meetings.

I've not seen any comments regarding Roofe's niggle he picked up against Celtic but given his injury history I'd be surprised if Rangers risk him, at least from the start. Which means I think they'll go back with Hagi starting with Kent and Morelos making up the front 3. Still no word on Ryan Jack being back available so I think it's safe to assume he will miss out and with Arfield injured I think we will go with the same midfield 3 that started against Celtic.

4/5 of our defensive positions pick themselves, with only the Balogun/Helander rotation up for grabs. I reckon he will go with Balogun again after a decent performance against Celtic and he strolled it up at Pittodrie on the season opener.

Another massive game which I expect to be extremely tight.

Can't see us scoring but would be delighted to be wrong. 

I expect Ash Taylor's recent and increasing habit of beating a player to bring the ball out of defence to bite us on the arse. If he can stick to just kicking anything that comes near him as hard as possible then i fancy a nil all shitfest. 

Assuming that Mcgeough is still out, guess Campbell in midfield - possibly O*o too to beef it up? 

I'm hoping for at least ten points from the remaining 4 games in January and this is the hardest test of those games so I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw.

I can honestly see a 0-0 here especially if Roofe is out.

19 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

I've always wondered what Aberdeen fans think about Logan, he's always looked lost on a football pitch whenever I've seen him but he always seems to get a game. 

He's made 3 starts and 8 sub appearances this season.

59 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

I've always wondered what Aberdeen fans think about Logan, he's always looked lost on a football pitch whenever I've seen him but he always seems to get a game. 

He's gone downhill as he's gotten older. He was the best right back in the league for while, but I believe you were playing in the seaside leagues at that point, so not surprised you weren't aware.

What we learned from the two previous games this season is that neither Taylor nor Considine can cope with young and sprightly players running at them so if we move the ball quickly - as we're capable of doing - the result is in the bag.

BUT we've looked hellishly sluggish recently and that is meat and drink to a rather ponderous Sheepy defence.

I'll go with:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Hellander Barasic

Davis Arfield Kamara

Hagi Morelos Kent

A stuffy game but we can make replacement late on to secure the win.

Rangers 2-0.

Probably no one else in the league needed the break more than Rangers. Assuming Gerrard gave them three full days off, that should have them somewhat recharged to get closer back to their pre-December 11 form.

Edited by AmericanFan
More

I think Rangers can essentially win the league here. I know it's basically already over but if there's going to be any sort of collapse then they'll have to start dropping points soon and after Pittodrie there aren't really that many banana skins left.

0-3 btw

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

15 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Rangers 2-0.

Probably no one else in the league needed the break more than Rangers. Assuming Gerrard gave them three full days off, that should have them somewhat recharged to get closer back to their pre-December 11 form.

Indeed.  After last Saturday's 'slap down' of the hapless hoopies we were in dire need of a break.

Which of your various Rangers replica uniforms shirts will you wear to watch Sunday's match?

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I have quite a busy life and I don't really have time for another full time job traipsing about the internet defending Tommy Wright'

31 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think Rangers can essentially win the league here.

Life's never too busy to talk about The Rangers 😎