Yes Cymru

Erih Shtrep

On 11/05/2023 at 14:37, TheScarf said:

That's because, despite every Welshman telling you how much they hate England, they're all Unionist, Brexit voting cucks who love being told what to do by WM.

38% of wales voted for brexit, which makes Wales as Brexity as Scotland is Unionist. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

38% of wales voted for brexit, which makes Wales as Brexity as Scotland is Unionist. 

772,347 voted remain, 854,572 voted leave, on a turnout of 71.7%.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

772,347 voted remain, 854,572 voted leave, on a turnout of 71.7%.

I would agree that Wales (especially South Wales) is a Brexity supporting dump, 

However, it's a common enough Yoon trick to add the Don't Knows to the No's and use this figure to make the percentage of Yes supporters appear smaller.

If we use the equivqlent trick here, leave only got 38% of the Welsh electorate (to the nearest percentage)

Electorate (2270270) divided by leave voters (854572) equals 37.6%

Anyone that debates honestly should call out this misleading practice every time, whatever side of the fence they sit on.

33 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

However, it's a common enough Yoon trick to add the Don't Knows to the No's and use this figure to make the percentage of Yes supporters appear smaller.

If we use the equivqlent trick here, leave only got 38% of the Welsh electorate (to the nearest percentage)

Anyone that debates honestly should call out this misleading practice every time, whatever side of the fence they sit on.

Gotcha, and @coprolite

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Not sure if you're calling me misleading, but I don't think i was. 38% active support for brexit in wales =38% active support for union in scotland.  If it's enough to make wales Brexity it's enough to make Scotland yoony. 

Or maybe there's a range of views in both places that means it's hard to generalise. Most people i spoke to in wales about brexit were firmly remain.

Caveats- i didn't discuss it much because it was quite boring- i'm almost certainly part of some urban lefty middle class circle. 

Leavers who gave reasons included a politics grad who thought the commission was an undemocratic institution and a fat boot who wanted Farage to stand up to the Muslims. 

32 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not sure if you're calling me misleading, but I don't think i was. 38% active support for brexit in wales =38% active support for union in scotland.  If it's enough to make wales Brexity it's enough to make Scotland yoony. 

Or maybe there's a range of views in both places that means it's hard to generalise. Most people i spoke to in wales about brexit were firmly remain.

Caveats- i didn't discuss it much because it was quite boring- i'm almost certainly part of some urban lefty middle class circle. 

Leavers who gave reasons included a politics grad who thought the commission was an undemocratic institution and a fat boot who wanted Farage to stand up to the Muslims. 

I lived and worked in North East Wales for about a decade and found the proper generational locals as brexity and racist as any red wall Labour turned Tories area. Thankfully I spent most of my non-working life with vagrants, immigrants and woke natives.

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not sure if you're calling me misleading, but I don't think i was. 

I'm quite clearly calling your use of statistics misleading. More people in Wales voted "leave" than "remain" That's democracy, whether we agree with it or not.

Quoting one figure in isolation without explanation is (at the very least) misleading by omission. 

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I'm quite clearly calling your use of statistics misleading. More people in Wales voted "leave" than "remain" That's democracy, whether we agree with it or not.

Quoting one figure in isolation without explanation is (at the very least) misleading by omission. 

Ok, wales is 3% less brexity than Scotland is yoony. 

Happy now? 

9 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Wales is, in the final analysis, and as the chant goes, just a small part of England. They have even less of the bottle required to attain independence than we do, which is saying something

On the current basis both countries have the same amount of bottle required to attain independence. 

Neither countries have the appetite for it but sure slag of Wales.