Full back (right & left)

Craigieboy86

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Not the best week to be saying that about Hickey...

I suppose Dyche will be thinking that with Godfrey at LB he can bring Mykolenko on for Coleman and shift Godfrey over to provide a bit more athleticism down the right - like last night. 

I'd much rather have Patterson in that situation than Godfrey, but I'm just offering some perspective on why Dyche might not think that way. His form in between his two injuries will concern Dyche too.

Ahh, one poor game for Hickey doesn’t change that!

On 04/04/2023 at 11:44, BingMcCrosby said:

We would have to bench someone from midfield then tho, which isn't an easy decision either.

I agree if he was to hes likely to be more of a holding midfielder. But its really up to if that happens at club level first.

Yeah it shifts the "problem" (good problem) elsewhere. But you never know, *if* this happens in a few years time, perhaps Callum McGregor will be gone, perhaps Gilmour will remain an unfulfilled potential. Loads of ifs, but it might actually solve a drop off in midfield talent.

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah it shifts the "problem" (good problem) elsewhere. But you never know, *if* this happens in a few years time, perhaps Callum McGregor will be gone, perhaps Gilmour will remain an unfulfilled potential. Loads of ifs, but it might actually solve a drop off in midfield talent.

Gilmour will still be the best midfielder the worlds ever seen, hes got midfield covered on his own.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Hickey "linked" with Man City with Kyle Walker on his way out.

I like Hickey but I don't think he's at Kyle Walker's level. He certainly doesn't have nearly the same pace. 

Was the (for want of a better word) quotes that went with the rumour not about having a different type of player? 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Was the (for want of a better word) quotes that went with the rumour not about having a different type of player? 

If there’s any truth to it it’ll be because Hickey is a better candidate for the inverted full back role than Walker. I actually think he has the potential to play for a team like Man City. 

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I like Hickey but I don't think he's at Kyle Walker's level. He certainly doesn't have nearly the same pace. 

He might be able to defend though 

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Hes probably seen more as a replacement for Cancelo, who regularly played both right and left back.

12 hours ago, Londonwell said:

If there’s any truth to it it’ll be because Hickey is a better candidate for the inverted full back role than Walker. I actually think he has the potential to play for a team like Man City. 

I was really impressed with Rico Lewis in that role when he first started getting game time, but City have undoubtedly improved since tasking Stones with moving into midfield. 

14 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Not sure about the Man City links but I can see why you said that. I remember in the Scotland v Ireland game Hickey did well a number of times working the ball through the inside right channel even just in the first half of that game. I haven't looked at what Hickey is doing for Brentford or previously at Bologna but in this game that was something that stood out to me.

Edited by 2426255

Hickey will be moving to Manchester City NEXT summer, as already foretold by myself. The fee will be £44.5m.

Thank you.

On 29/03/2023 at 11:53, Jives Miguel said:

Hickey is nailed on to go to Man City imo. He's the exact profile of full-back Pep loves. Willing to bet he moves there in summer 2024.

• 2 weeks later...

After a shaky start 1 v 1 against Mitoma, I thought Patterson was back to his early-season form today. You're never getting total security from him at this stage in his career, but he just needs to continue to show that he's a project worth persevering with - which I think he did today. 

Patterson off injured for Everton. Hopefully it's not too serious/he has time to recover for June, but it seems like every time he gets injured he's then out for a couple of months. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Patterson off injured for Everton. Hopefully it's not too serious/he has time to recover for June, but it seems like every time he gets injured he's then out for a couple of months. 

To add to this I noticed Josh Doig hasn't been playing for Verona and appears to have a muscle injury. I haven't verified that though.

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

To add to this I noticed Josh Doig hasn't been playing for Verona and appears to have a muscle injury. I haven't verified that though.

I stopped watching Doig as he was getting hauled off at half-time every game. Hopefully he kicks on in his second season like Hickey did. Speaking of whom, yesterday might have been the best I've ever seen him play at club level.