Inverness v Alloa

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this one tomorrow.

Rubbish picture quality? Missing parts of the game? Mind numbing commentary? We've got them all! So you should definitely part with £10 (or the equivalent of £15 if you are a season ticket holder) and tune into this one and learn everything you ever wanted to know about Alloa's players from their Wiki pages.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Rubbish picture quality? Missing parts of the game? Mind numbing commentary? We've got them all! So you should definitely part with £10 (or the equivalent of £15 if you are a season ticket holder) and tune into this one and learn everything you ever wanted to know about Alloa's players from their Wiki pages.

Is there actually a stream? I don't see it on the spfl matchcentre. Wouldn't be the first time pixellot have forgot to put in a midweek match.

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Is there actually a stream? I don't see it on the spfl matchcentre. Wouldn't be the first time pixellot have forgot to put in a midweek match.

There should be though I think the clubs attention is elsewhere today so that may be why they haven't promoted the game and, as a result, chased the SPFL to get something up. I believe that there will be a co-commentator as well.

That said I'd almost prefer it if there wasn't a stream.

On 22/02/2021 at 09:22, RiG said:

Looking forward to sampling the ICT stream after reading so much about it😁

I always feel the midweek games are where the difference between pt and ft can come into play, and particularly when there is a fair bit of travel involved for the team after a day's work. The midweek defeat in Inverness a couple of seasons back was one of our flattest performances in recent times, despite a late comeback of sorts. But will be interesting to see how we look after a much improved display at the weekend. Perhaps the team can build on that, or maybe playing well and still losing and seeing rivals all collect points at the same time will have been a real blow. Other interesting thing will be the lineup. If everyone is available then Ray Grant shouldn't come straight back into the middle of the park IMO. 

42 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Other interesting thing will be the lineup. If everyone is available then Ray Grant shouldn't come straight back into the middle of the park IMO. 

Agree with that. We were better with Hetherington playing the main holding role on Saturday. He moved the ball more quickly than Grant has been doing and Stevie gives us more pace and strength. The rest of the midfield also looked better balanced. 

Young Williamson has done OK, but I wonder if he might drop out, maybe for Adam Brown. 

Agree also that it's a tough ask for us to travel up there mid week, with players having put in a day or half day's work. 

Edited by printer

51 minutes ago, printer said:

Agree with that. We were better with Hetherington playing the main holding role on Saturday. He moved the ball more quickly than Grant has been doing and Stevie gives us more pace and strength. The rest of the midfield also looked better balanced. 

Young Williamson has done OK, but I wonder if he might drop out, maybe for Adam Brown. 

Agree also that it's a tough ask for us to travel up there mid week, with players having put in a day or half day's work. 

I was wondering about Williamson after he seemed to get a knock at the end on Saturday. Brown would be interesting there, certainly very mobile and capable of driving forward. Grant himself might be another option in that role. Or put Jamieson into the back 3 and get Liam Dick out wide where he could certainly provide a real threat down the flank. 

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Commentator just described John Robertson and Scott Kellacher as being “MIA”. A really inconsiderate choice of words.

You're being harsh. He did say that but he went on to explain that Robertson had a bereavement and Kellacher was ill and everybody wished them both well. It was hardly an unreasonable turn of phrase.

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Commentator just described John Robertson and Scott Kellacher as being “MIA”. A really inconsiderate choice of words.

Holly f**k.

its all fun and games talking about misidentifying players or reading out Wikipedia pages as if it’s insightful info.  But that’s so far below what should be acceptable.

Edited by parsforlife