New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Maybe no,t but I am sure the fact that they were proposing a ground share on a grass park and I wonder if they haven't got a permanent solution set in stone with the carry on with clubs not having permanent grounds over the past few seasons that swayed a few votes. Feel for them though as they seemed really set up for taking the step up.

Again not being in the circle of trust, would St.Pats not have been aware or made aware during the application of the troubles ensuing from a grass share, etc?

So possibly door is not shut on them or others applying except Glasgow Wellington of course.

I know we have talked about ground criteria earlier and I think we agree a sliding scale of facilities would probably work for new clubs. Will be keeping a close eye on comments and any developments at West Parks Hub and the Kilsyth Sportsfield. Finnarts Springy Park too. Threave have no concerns 're facilities.

Will be visiting Div 3 grounds this coming season so be assured if any of the existing grounds are lacking I will be vocal.

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Who gives a fcuk what colour they wear apart from yourself.

A bitter old bigot.

Guy is not playing with a full deck. Has an obsession with blazers, won't answer why he thinks Beith winning the league was an embarassment and his banjo country patter is the mark of an utter simpleton

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Who or what are you and what have you done with our possil. If you expect any ransom don't hold your breath. 😙😙😙

Maybe @jimbaxters had the casting vote. And the league had reached their quota of Saints. 😁😁😁😁

That wasn't what I said pal. Asked what I thought was a reasonable question.

29 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That wasn't what I said pal. Asked what I thought was a reasonable question.

I know it was jb. Was just a little joke.

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

You sure you're a Weegie?

Tell the Banjo players to take a hike, ya safty.

Naw @jimbaxters is cool, had some good chats with him, so wouldn't want to offend him. 👍

Maybe I've been away too long. Surrounded by Doonhamers and Gallovidians become soft.

Besides it's easy for you to throw salvos hidden safely behind the mythical walls of weegie land. 😄😄

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Can we stop with the bigotry please? 

Problem is jb weegies are very thick skinned. The more insults you throw at one another the friendlier you become.

That's not a line. My kids are weegies but down here in Gallovidia they only speak 'normally' with each other or when with weegie mates. They come across foul-mouthed, rude and aggressive when they speak like at home.

Unfortunately bigotry is something that is engrained in both sides in Scotland. It can be hidden under the surface or encapsulates the persons entire personality.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Problem is jb weegies are very thick skinned. The more insults you throw at one another the friendlier you become.

That's not a line. My kids are weegies but down here in Gallovidia they only speak 'normally' with each other or when with weegie mates. They come across foul-mouthed, rude and aggressive when they speak like at home.

Unfortunately bigotry is something that is engrained in both sides in Scotland. It can be hidden under the surface or encapsulates the persons entire personality.

Nah, it's not an issue that can be explained away like that. We all know the West of Scotland very well but should all be agreeing that that sort of talk has no place in this section of the forum.