2022 travel plans

Ylf

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 10:45, welshbairn said:

Might have a wee trip to Odessa, connecting flights from Inverness to Luton. Might need an overnight stop in Luton though..

On 21/11/2021 at 20:05, Paul Kersey said:

I've always fancied Odessa but have never got off my arse to organise it.

I'm really interested in going for it now. Hopefully there won't be any more lockdown preventing me from going.

Not so much the lockdown... :(

On 11/01/2022 at 22:34, Squalor Vic said:

Has anyone done the fit to fly pcr test thing? We need to get one no more than 24 hours before flying out to America in March, wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to go for it.

Hopefully come March the need for it might not be there but I doubt it

We’re going with Express Test at Heathrow T5.  Seemingly the four-hour £30 test will do you, although they might try and sell you the £80 full PCR thing.  

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Lucky you, beautiful city.

I’ve never been, save for a whistle stop bus through on the way to the airport, but the mrs raves about it. She’s talking about doing loads of walking but personally I’d be up for eating copious amounts of food and pouring Italian lager down my thrapple.

Was planning on going to Munich in September for Oktoberfest, but Lufthansa decided on Thursday there to cancel the flight from Edinburgh on the Friday so going to Prague instead.

Going to Rhodes as well for a proper holiday in August. Fancied Mexico but not convinced it will have recovered enough restriction and footfall wise to get back to anything close to resembling pre-pandemic experience, meaning I'd just get annoyed at the extra money spent for not a great deal extra return.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Was planning on going to Munich in September for Oktoberfest, but Lufthansa decided on Thursday there to cancel the flight from Edinburgh on the Friday so going to Prague instead.

Going to Rhodes as well for a proper holiday in August. Fancied Mexico but not convinced it will have recovered enough restriction and footfall wise to get back to anything close to resembling pre-pandemic experience, meaning I'd just get annoyed at the extra money spent for not a great deal extra return.

The mexicans and the americans who visit have more or less been back to normal for months mate.

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The mexicans and the americans who visit have more or less been back to normal for months mate.

I thought this, but I've read plenty of reviews / been part of a few groups on social media for a few years now where people who have gone recently have said food / service / whole package has been pretty poor compared to previously.

Definitely put me off. I'll give it a year.

With the cancellation of the play offs for Scotland I’ve decided to make use of my annual leave.

Edinburgh -> Budapest -> Edinburgh-> Hamburg -> Edinburgh over the course of 6 days that week.

2 new places that I’ve not yet been, looking forward to it massively.

Try and stop me, Vladimir.

On 09/03/2022 at 12:55, Les Cabbage said:

With the cancellation of the play offs for Scotland I’ve decided to make use of my annual leave.

Edinburgh -> Budapest -> Edinburgh-> Hamburg -> Edinburgh over the course of 6 days that week.

2 new places that I’ve not yet been, looking forward to it massively.

Try and stop me, Vladimir.

Hamburg is smashing, heading over next month. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Just booked a trip to Rome for the end of April. Never been to Italy before so really looking forward to it. I'm aware theres a mountain of things to do but if anyone has any tips or suggestions ahead of the trip they would be appreciated!

Check beforehand if you can book a slot at places that get really busy, saves queuing. You've probably picked a better time to go, I went midsummer and it was boiling and incredibly busy, to escape I took a short train ride to one of the hill towns, Frascati. Cool breeze, few tourists and much cheaper restaurants and bars. 

Edited by welshbairn

On 03/03/2022 at 14:12, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Going to Rome on Monday. Seems most/all testing requirements have been dropped and its only PLFs each way. Happy days.

We're going to Bergamo this Saturday and trying to work this out just now. So as long as we have vaccines up to date in our NHS App thing we just have to fill in a passenger locator form? No testing at all either way? 

43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We're going to Bergamo this Saturday and trying to work this out just now. So as long as we have vaccines up to date in our NHS App thing we just have to fill in a passenger locator form? No testing at all either way? 

Aye, this before you fly out: https://app.euplf.eu/#/

And this one within 3 days of flying home: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

No tests needed.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, this before you fly out: https://app.euplf.eu/#/

And this one within 3 days of flying home: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

No tests needed.

thanks  mate, didn't mean to doubt what had been said by the previous poster or what I was reading but felt a bit too good to be true after the hassle trying to get away last year. That's more money for pasta then! 

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

thanks  mate, didn't mean to doubt what had been said by the previous poster or what I was reading but felt a bit too good to be true after the hassle trying to get away last year. That's more money for pasta then! 

Are you staying in Bergamo or just using the airport? Was thinking of a long weekend there myself and not bothering with Milan.