Ross County v Motherwell - Wed 27th 6pm

As important a game for both sides this season. 

We cannot continue to plod along with losses and draws and Ross County have played 2 games more. If there is a winner then it will deal a serious blow to the other teams hopes of avoiding the bottom 2 places. 

We had up to Saturday been improving a little with decent enough performances at home to Rangers and away to St Mirren. The problem is we cannot seem to get through a game without either ourselves shooting our foot off (like Polworth on Saturday) or the referee finding a reason to award a penalty to our opponents and not to us. Probably too much to ask for there not be yet another referee howler. Q Booby Madden as the ref 😡

In some ways I am glad this is an away game. Our home record is bowfing. That said the long journey may take too much out of our highly motivated team..

I am hoping Lawless and OHara are available. Otherwise our midfield will be the weakest it has been for absolute ages. I may wait to see line up before committing to the stream. Seedorf starts I don’t and vice versa.

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

As important a game for both sides this season. 

We cannot continue to plod along with losses and draws and Ross County have played 2 games more. If there is a winner then it will deal a serious blow to the other teams hopes of avoiding the bottom 2 places. 

We had up to Saturday been improving a little with decent enough performances at home to Rangers and away to St Mirren. The problem is we cannot seem to get through a game without either ourselves shooting our foot off (like Polworth on Saturday) or the referee finding a reason to award a penalty to our opponents and not to us. Probably too much to ask for there not be yet another referee howler. Q Booby Madden as the ref 😡

In some ways I am glad this is an away game. Our home record is bowfing. That said the long journey may take too much out of our highly motivated team..

I am hoping Lawless and OHara are available. Otherwise our midfield will be the weakest it has been for absolute ages. I may wait to see line up before committing to the stream. Seedorf starts I don’t and vice versa.

I suspect Seedorf's performance on Saturday's probably seen him drop out the team. Or at least I fucking hope so. Lawleff being fit would be great news. The midfield is, however, giving me the fear. Absolutely no creativity in it whatsoever with Polworth missing out. 

In any event I expect us to give away a fucking stupid goal at some point meaning we will absolutely not take 3 points. 

32 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

If Barry Maguire's been holding out on his abilities as an Enganche now would be a heavy class time to show them. 

What was that one off defence of yesteryear, was it Adam Cummins and Jonathan Page? Got a result that night.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not to be a dick but County signing White seems mental to me. Even if Stewart has regressed to the mean from the player he looked like last season surely he's a much better option than White?

Don't get it either, but since he's been complete pish for you, just let them take him off your books.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not to be a dick but County signing White seems mental to me. Even if Stewart has regressed to the mean from the player he looked like last season surely he's a much better option than White?

What if John Hughes Is reading this Yassin ! Lets not scupper his chances of a move back north..

From the evidence I have seen Stewart is a much better player and bigger threat as I am sure he will be tomorrow evening. 

All that said you just never know. Some players suit certain clubs. He was quite decent at ICT and maybe the highland air is good for him. It would be amusing (NOT) if he scores goals to help keep Ross County in the top flight. Knowing our luck...

12 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

PS thanks for Hylton , Motherwell 

Yeah - Hylton really wasn't the worst of the wingers at the club when he left (but that isn't to say he had just had an outstanding season as he really hadn't). I was disappointed that he left as unlike our other supposed wingers, he can beat his man (or at least do a few drag backs) and I felt that he had something to offer.

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

Yeah - Hylton really wasn't the worst of the wingers at the club when he left (but that isn't to say he had just had an outstanding season as he really hadn't). I was disappointed that he left as unlike our other supposed wingers, he can beat his man (or at least do a few drag backs) and I felt that he had something to offer.

Aye if I'd been offered the chance to empty any of our wingers Hylton would probably have been my last choice tbh. 

41 minutes ago, Swello said:

Been pleasantly surprised by him , disciplined in his defensive duties and adds pace and trickery going forward , already has a few assists and a couple of goals for us

Last season, Hylton took a while to come up to speed, but I thought he had really come on to a game by the time the season shut down. Like @Swello says he wasn't absolutely outstanding, but of our wingers he was the most productive. I imagine we let him go mainly due to the fact our squad was far too bloated in the forward areas and someone was actually interested in him, unlike the others.

I'd take him over Seedorf or Hastie in a heartbeat at the moment.