P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

What do you guys use to upload pictures on this site? I dont know how but I swear down I've just been shafted, perhaps a rule I'm not aware of but I was doing well against the AI and  I was in check from a cheeky little bishop, I moved a pawn forward to block the check and the computer just straight up moved his pawn - that I was sideways to, right next to, - one step forward whilst simultaneously taking the pawn I had that was moved to block the check, wtf is that aw about. He literally advanced a pawn straight forward whilst taking a pawn to his side. I've got screenshots but unsure how to post on here. 

It's called en passant. If you advance a pawn two squares it can be captured in passing by an adjacent pawn. The capture is only allowed on the move immediately following.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
What do you guys use to upload pictures on this site? I dont know how but I swear down I've just been shafted, perhaps a rule I'm not aware of but I was doing well against the AI and  I was in check from a cheeky little bishop, I moved a pawn forward to block the check and the computer just straight up moved his pawn - that I was sideways to, right next to, - one step forward whilst simultaneously taking the pawn I had that was moved to block the check, wtf is that aw about. He literally advanced a pawn straight forward whilst taking a pawn to his side. I've got screenshots but unsure how to post on here. 

It's called en passant. If you advance a pawn two squares it can be captured in passing by an adjacent pawn. The capture is only allowed on the move immediately following.

What a shit rule. Unreal. 

I've never had this happen before of course my previous chess experience was at school a decade ago but is this a rule in every game or some strict tournament standard thing? 

What a shit rule. Unreal. 
I've never had this happen before of course my previous chess experience was at school a decade ago but is this a rule in every game or some strict tournament standard thing? 
It's a rule in every game of chess. Even the weird variants play with en passant.

I guess it's a trade off from being able to charge your pawns forward two squares on their first move.

10 hours ago, 101 said:

In a hard fought game I beat @arab_joe both of us lost our queen's in the opening 5 moves or something and it was a slog thereafter. Good game though, I enjoyed it.

Screenshot_20210221-183336_4cac46ecbbfb7f8aa1c94b1ec321eb15.jpg

A really daft blunder from me, that final move!  Well played @101!

7 hours ago, true_rover said:

But a win for ArabJoe in the other week 4 match - definitely one that I wish I could take back to the middle of the game.

Thanks for the game @true_rover!

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

@Loki presume your cup tie was never accepted?

If not, you’ll get a walkover and I will draw a new round tor the cup later today 

Sadly no, friend request not accepted, challenge not accepted.  

THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP

Straight knock out, home team is White obviously 

THIS IS 960 Chess

Second round draw

AH13STU v LudoNo1 

Bri1962 v gkneil 

Purplekangaroo89 v Arabjoe 

Elrohana v sav1876 

eindhovendee v DieHardDoonhamer 

GordonEF v beef2711 

GCarlos9 v GParsfan 

madwullie v Ziggy_The_Spider 

85E47C47-147F-4793-8138-C84B259D6723.jpeg

The set-up of Scottish chess really is the pits. I mean I already have to play top flight opposition in AH13STU twice a season as it is. I was looking forward to a wee journey to ground I've never been at before such as @eindhovendee.

Can't even bring in some decent PPV money from the fans as Alba is all over it.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The set-up of Scottish chess really is the pits. I mean I already have to play top flight opposition in AH13STU twice a season as it is. I was looking forward to a wee journey to ground I've never been at before such as @eindhovendee.

Can't even bring in some decent PPV money from the fans as Alba is all over it.

A8CD8A89-8961-4801-91B0-0E375EF92420.jpeg

15 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
15 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Nah m8, I'm telling you. Queens can move like Knights when they're on the f file so it actually isn't checkmate. Honestly.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well played the other night @DeeTillEhDeh

I knew deep down you were setting a trap but my weekend booziness made me gung ho for your Rook, a harsh lesson

Thanks for the game yesterday @keptie I will be happy to avoid relegation at this stage 

Having played both of these guys, that is a gruelling round of fixtures you've given yourself there.