P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division A result

Dearyme and Ziggy the Spider draw by three fold repetition.

I thought I had an edge but Ziggy did a good job of parrying me, such that I wasn't content to go into an ending when he could start pushing his kingside pawn majority. Good game mate. I thought with us having castled opposite sides it would have been a bit more spicy tbh. 

Division A Result

Dearyme defeats gkneil

In a bit of a tactical slugfest. Gkneil gambitted his b pawn which I gladly took and there was a lot of central tension with pawns on c4, c5, d4, d5. When the dust cleared I ended up in an ending expected to be a piece up but managed to bag a rook due to a miscalculation on gkneil's part. The game was much closer than the ending looked.

Thanks for the game.

Edited by Trogdor

Deary me defeats gkneil. An opening I’m not familiar with led to a pawn being blundered immediately. Managed to get myself into a better position but without having looked at the report I expect I was making ok moves while he was making best or excellent at worst. 

Sealed my fate thinking I’d pinned his Knight but alas, no I had not 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Division A result

Dearyme and Ziggy the Spider draw by three fold repetition.

I thought I had an edge but Ziggy did a good job of parrying me, such that I wasn't content to go into an ending when he could start pushing his kingside pawn majority. Good game mate. I thought with us having castled opposite sides it would have been a bit more spicy tbh. 

I thought it was a bit of a charity draw from you, I think you were better.

I thought I was ok coming out the opening but just lost my way in the middle game.

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I thought it was a bit of a charity draw from you, I think you were better.

I thought I was ok coming out the opening but just lost my way in the middle game.

Nah, I don't do charity. Unless a bairn makes a move like vs Elrohana. 🤣

I missed winning a piece on move 17. I forgot to analyse all checks & captures. I think you are marginally better in that end position though.

Divsion C

XCTR94 beats Mackieboz by Checkmate.

Really good game,  apparently had no blunders although I know for sure I potentially blundered my rook and my bishop near the end so god knows how that works out. Mackie played well, just boxed his king in near the end leaving my queen to CM with backup by aforementioned bishop. 

Divsion C
Really good game,  apparently had no blunders although I know for sure I potentially blundered my rook and my bishop near the end so god knows how that works out. Mackie played well, just boxed his king in near the end leaving my queen to CM with backup by aforementioned bishop. 
Well played Sweeps, desperate to get one over you in thr future though! That 200 score difference tells during the game, was hoping to quick play you today to blunder something back to me but as always I got too adventurous.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
5 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:
Divsion C

Well played Sweeps, desperate to get one over you in thr future though! That 200 score difference tells during the game, was hoping to quick play you today to blunder something back to me but as always I got too adventurous.

What you did about 5 moves prior to the end was the right idea, just I think you got a bit scared off when I put my rook infront of your Queen, if you got your other rook into play and started attacking some of the open files when I was moving my bishops into position for the forced mate then it would have ended up a different game. Like I said though, you ended up boxing your king in with your knight which was unfortunate, would have been a good piece to trade with to stop a forced mate. I'm sure we will play again soon. ;)