P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

14 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division C
P
W
L
D
Pts
XCTR94
markf268
The_kid1433
N5_Spur
mackieboz
Strachanovski
StuSco1

Round 5

XCT94 v The_kid1433

mackieboz v StuSco1

N5_Spur v Strachanobski

Round 6

StuSco1 v The_kid1433

Strachanovski v markf268

N5_Spur v mackieboz 

I've invited both Strachanovski and mackieboz as I'm at home, for whenever they are ready.

On 31/01/2022 at 23:12, Frank Grimes said:

Division B, Round 6

paakman01 v Arabjoe  

Arabjoe wins by resignation.

I'm still a bit confused as to why Paakman01 resigned, as it was a really tight game that I was only a couple of points ahead in (and I have thrown away leads significantly bigger than that in the past) - but he threw in the towel so there we go.  Well played, I look forward to the rematch.

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Oh shit; the Cup is 960 rule set? emoji20.png

There are a couple of quotes in the last 2 pages that reference 960, so I've made the assumption (which is never a clever thing, of course).

There are a couple of quotes in the last 2 pages that reference 960, so I've made the assumption (which is never a clever thing, of course).

I went right off it one time after the RNG of the computer gave me ridiculous positions multiple times in a row, never once have I actually looked at my start and think, yeah, that’s usable. [emoji23]

5 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I went right off it one time after the RNG of the computer gave me ridiculous positions multiple times in a row, never once have I actually looked at my start and think, yeah, that’s usable. emoji23.png

Think about it from the POV of the other guy. Every horribly weak-looking hard-to-defend configuration at your side of the board is an avenue of attack at the other end.

Division C

XCTR94 beats The_Kid1433 by resignation.

Just an unfortunate Queen blunder that ruined that game, you were doing well to evade my earlier attempts at trying to trap the Queen but a possible misclick or just a lapse in concentration cost you there buddy. Good game!

d4a80bb527fb0a3426c8fec34e233ba3.jpg

Division C, Round 4
RBWatson beats Dandies1983 by checkmate.
Glad to finally be off the mark after 3 doings to start the season. The analysis hates everything I did to open up the h file, and apparently I was well behind until very near the end. I'll take it though.
Thanks for the game [mention=72581]Frank Grimes[/mention].

AlphaZero is odd, although they have everyone on Chess.com praising it like it’s the next coming of Christ. They put it on top 10 best “attacking” chess player lists and it’s bizarre since it’s…a computer.