P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Tbf, we are motoring through, plenty moves per day. Just very tight and advantage swinging both ways. I'm currently not in a great position but up a Knight for 2 pawns so it's all to play for. Considering we're deep into game number 2 and there are still some outstanding ties we're doing ok I think.

Just passed 100 moves apiece (over 2 legs) and level pegging on material.

Not quite this from the 1971 FA Cup but getting there...

Division B
N5 Spur defeats XCTR94 / [mention=53803]SweeperDee[/mention] by checkmate.
I was a piece up early and I felt comfortable but my opponent almost trapped me with a Queen and Castle counter in the end game. Luckily for me, I had enough to take his Queen and end the game.
Apologies for not answering your in game messages - for some reason I wasn't receiving notifications - hope I didn't come across as an ignorant arse.

No problem bud; Chess app chat is dire. You played well and had me pinned from the start with that fucking bishop. Had to sack a rook to make space. All downhill from there. Well played.

18 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

BasedGoDSa1NT beats RBWatson by resignation.

A think I opened quite strongly and felt I was in control. A nice move to snag your queen.

However when the resignation came I was scratching my head, I was not convinced you weren't going to get me in checkmate or take a few pieces as I had no clue what I was doing.

Regardless though, thank you for the game and all the best for the remaining games.

Perhaps a bit premature, looking back at it now. I'm ridden with Covid atm so we'll blame that!

Well played.

8 hours ago, Albino Rover said:

Madwullie Cup defeat to pleslie999 - after a 50-moves-apiece draw in the 1st leg and an epic 79-move replay.

Beaten by a better player - but now I know how Mahut must have felt at Wimbledon back in 2010...

On This Day, June 24: Isner defeats Mahut at Wimbledon in longest tennis  match in history - UPI.com

Cheers for the game, could easily have gone either way. Early blunders in both matches had me on the back foot but clawed My way back. Really tight games and thoroughly enjoyable. 

Ken Deans completes the double over BasedGoDSa1nt with his victory by resignation.

You started out with quite an aggressive open that caught me off guard and I fell behind for most of the first half of the game. 2nd half, bounced back and thought it was quite even, maybe you were just slightly ahead and then I through a few pieces at the end which you countered on.

Well play and all the best for remaining games.

That's twice you've taught me a lesson and I'm already looking forward to our next game

Edited by BaSeDG0DSA1NT

8 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Ken Deans completes the double over BasedGoDSa1nt with his victory by resignation.

You started out with quite an aggressive open that caught me off guard and I fell behind for most of the first half of the game. 2nd half, bounced back and thought it was quite even, maybe you were just slightly ahead and then I through a few pieces at the end which you countered on.

Well play and all the best for remaining games.

That's twice you've taught me a lesson and I'm already looking forward to our next game

Cracking game again thanks. Am looking forward to the next round.

BasedGoDSa1NT defeats Strachanovski by resignation.

Thank you for the game.

I think that's all my games done so anyone that fancies a friendly just pop an invite through.

Thank you to everyone for the games this season, for your tips and advice on chess and on how to navigate chess.com and I look forward to more in the future.

6 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

Believe my season is complete now. Mid table obscurity once again. Brilliant league this.

Anyone up for a friendly?

3 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Thank you for the game.

I think that's all my games done so anyone that fancies a friendly just pop an invite through.

Thank you to everyone for the games this season, for your tips and advice on chess and on how to navigate chess.com and I look forward to more in the future.

Barring 1 game that's ongoing I'm also done so feel free to fire me an invite for a friendly. I'm always up for some games. Pleslie999 on chess.com

3 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Thank you for the game.

You might still have a promotion play-off... depending on Dandies' final result.

(I think you two are tied on head-to-heads. In that situation, what happens?)

4 hours ago, Albino Rover said:

(I think you two are tied on head-to-heads. In that situation, what happens?)

There is some formula that ranks chess players in a league based on the calibre of opponents they won against. (i.e. beating the person who finished top scores you more than the person who finished last). That will come after head-to-heads.

Madwullie Cup Quarter Final Draw

All the fixtures for Round 2 have been played, and so at short notice, we've got the duct tape and chloroform out and managed to bundle Elaine C Smith and the SFA's own Willie Collum into the back of an unmarked van and pressganged them into warm ball duty. The results of the draw are as follows:

pleslie999 vs DearyMe
Board_Stupid vs AimHere
Purplekangaroo89 vs Ziggy_the_Spider
PnBMathematics vs Dandies1983

I'm getting a very Scotland-Israel vibe about my continual matchups with Board_Stupid.

Good luck, all!