P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz defeats n5 spur by checkmate in a seaside classic. 

The lads were warned they needed a win or they'd be fired and they delivered, seaside an error strewn match.

Gg!

It was a good game, and well played. Lower table games offer far more enjoyment (for the neutral) than those sniffing the rarified air towards the top.  

Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Division A, Round 14

Fortunately for me, Dandies1983 missed a tactic in the opening that would put him a knight up, and instead kamikazes his knight a couple of moves later, putting me a piece up. Weirdly, the engine actually thinks it was the best move! Cheers for the game

AimHere beats Dandies1983 by checkmate

Div B results

Ziggy beats the kid by resignation. Well played.

A couple of bishops and a night on my queenside caused me all sorts of bother.

I kept on trying to create threats but the strategy of hoping for mistake seldom works.

Resigned after I threw Away my last rook.

Good luck with the rest of your games!

1 minute ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division B Round 14: RBWatson beats N5_Spur by checkmate in what (discounting a scholar's mate win) is probably a first for me; a game with no mistakes or blunders!

Thanks for the game @N5 Spur.

It was nicely done - both your Knights attacking, and taking, my Queen was the winner. 

Well played.

Division B, Round 13. 

When I lived in New Zealand we used to laugh at the TV weather forecasters, 'In the south of the North Island and the north of the South Island........' 

In the beginning of the middlegame to the middle of the middlegame things were looking fairly even but from the end of the middlegame to the beginning of the endgame Basedgodsaint kicked me all around the board. I asked at one point if my King could transition to a queen but that apparently isn't allowed. 

Based takes a well deserved three points by checkmate, and a narrow seven-nil lead in our head to head record, although we have had some interesting little games along the way. 

Well done, I hope you make a push for the play-off spot in the latter stages of the season. 

9 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Division B, Round 13. 

When I lived in New Zealand we used to laugh at the TV weather forecasters, 'In the south of the North Island and the north of the South Island........' 

In the beginning of the middlegame to the middle of the middlegame things were looking fairly even but from the end of the middlegame to the beginning of the endgame Basedgodsaint kicked me all around the board. I asked at one point if my King could transition to a queen but that apparently isn't allowed. 

Based takes a well deserved three points by checkmate, and a narrow seven-nil lead in our head to head record, although we have had some interesting little games along the way. 

Well done, I hope you make a push for the play-off spot in the latter stages of the season. 

I think we both know the 7-0 flatters me, I can recall atleast 2 when you should've beaten me and most of our games are 50-50.

Always a pleasure for the game and for chats, all the best in your remaining fixtures and I'm sure I'll see you next season where we continue in duels.

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
DearyMe 11 11 0 0 33
The_Curmudgeon 14 11 0 3 33
AimHere 13 10 1 2 31
ancientnoise 10 7 0 3 21
AH13STU 9 5 0 4 15
PurpleKangaroo89 11 5 0 6 15
stewartmathers 13 4 1 8 13
invergowrie 11 4 0 7 12
beef2711 9 3 0 6 9
PnbMathematics 11 2 1 8 7
AlbinoRov 12 2 1 9 7
Dandies1983 12 2 0 10 6

Round 15
PnbMathematics vs beef2711
DearyMe vs The_Curmudgeon
AlbinoRov vs ancientnoise
AH13STU vs stewartmathers
PurpleKangaroo89 vs AimHere
Dandies1983 vs invergowrie

Round 16
DearyMe vs PnbMathematics
ancientnoise vs beef2711
The_Curmudgeon vs AH13STU
AimHere vs AlbinoRov
stewartmathers vs Dandies1983
invergowrie vs PurpleKangaroo89

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
Ziggy_The_Spider 14 14 0 0 42
The_kid1433 13 9 0 4 27
Arabjoe 12 8 0 4 24
pleslie999 12 7 0 5 21
KenDeans 13 7 0 6 21
RBWatson 14 7 0 7 21
Basedgodsa1nt 13 6 0 7 18
XCTR94 13 6 0 7 18
IncomingExile 14 4 0 10 12
N5_Spur 14 4 0 10 12
markf268 12 3 0 9 9
mackieboz 10 2 0 8 6

Round 15
mackieboz vs Ziggy_The_Spider
KenDeans vs markf268
The_kid1433 vs RBWatson
Basedgodsa1nt vs pleslie999
N5_Spur vs IncomingExile
XCTR94 vs Arabjoe

Round 16
KenDeans vs mackieboz
RBWatson vs Ziggy_The_Spider
markf268 vs Basedgodsa1nt
IncomingExile vs The_kid1433
pleslie999 vs XCTR94
Arabjoe vs N5_Spur

As usual, results and calculations for both divisions can be found in the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/158LDZeO6qy6qQlDhu3yDKoJVT4bShozWZbRchnvH1Wo