Morton vs Arbroath

59 minutes ago, unknown1954 said:

I'm sure its a coincidence but whenever Arbroath get any kind of result our opponents always seem to have had an off day according to their fans emoji848.png

How often do you think that a team plays well and loses in this standard of division? Indeed I seem to recall Arbroath fans saying the exact same thing about their performance when we won a similarly stinking game at Gayfield last season. 

Get off your cross about it.

1 hour ago, unknown1954 said:

I'm sure its a coincidence but whenever Arbroath get any kind of result our opponents always seem to have had an off day according to their fans emoji848.png

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Yer no wrong. Queens were pish against yous second half a couple o weeks back. Seriously tho been very impressed with you guys recently. Makes for an interesting relegation ‘battle’.

2 hours ago, unknown1954 said:

Who claimed it was on off day?

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Morton highlights usually up night of game or day after? 

Good luck with that.

13 hours ago, unknown1954 said:

When Arbroath have lost games this season, for example the defeat at home to Alloa, were Arbroath fans showing an unwillingness to give Alloa any credit and making it all about their own off day, because they focused on Arbroath's deficiencies such as a lack of cutting edge up front rather than spending much time talking about what Alloa did well?

Or is it simply natural that fans, even when acknowledging their opponents were the better team as several Morton fans have in this thread, will focus on their own team's performance and talk about what could have been done differently or improved?

FWIW I think Arbroath have both a better squad and better strongest XI than Morton and if both sides were to play at their best I'd expect an Arbroath win. Morton were nowhere near their best yesterday though and the whole point of match threads is for people to discuss why that was. Get off your cross.

Edited by Dunning1874

18 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In my twenties unfortunately so never heard of him before today. Seemed a nice guy who knew his stuff.

Andy Ritchie was one of those players that  fans loved but could drive managers mad. He was a talented footballer and that rare thing that we seldom see these days, an entertainer who could score goals.

It was good to see Jack Hamilton, who was brought in to score goals, actually do that. A good all round team performance against a poor Morton side with problems on and off the pitch. Deserved the win and now hoping that we have got over our bad start and can carry on getting more results that our play deserves. 

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Andy Ritchie was one of those players that  fans loved but could drive managers mad. He was a talented footballer and that rare thing that we seldom see these days, an entertainer who could score goals.

It was good to see Jack Hamilton, who was brought in to score goals, actually do that. A good all round team performance against a poor Morton side with problems on and off the pitch. Deserved the win and now hoping that we have got over our bad start and can carry on getting more results that our play deserves. 

Did they no call Ritchie the idle idol, or am I wrong