Facebook bingo/bonus ball

Sortmeout

Not sure if this deserves a thread on its own or should go in the Facebook thread but I was just interested in peoples thoughts around bonus balls or the one I am seeing increase more and more which seems to be (majority) women making up a page and then selling say 5 x £5 numbers for a £20 prize.  Obvious the majority of people, if jot absolutely everyone, will go into it knowing it’s just a way for the person to make a little bit of money but for me it seems like very low returns and a lot of hassle for those returns.

On the flip side of that are the people doing PS5s etc on a bonus ball. At least these folks are making a bit of money out of it (doubling their money I would guess) but still interested just to know peoples thoughts around them in general.

Been on the go for years. Folk selling all manner of tat. You'll now get guys selling 59 balls at £5 for the chance to 'win' a £200 jumper. The organiser will then mail and order the clothes for the winner and pocket the excess. I've no problem with it as it's a fairly transparent thing although I don't partake. 

I do however call out c***s selling £20 tickets for a £400 xBox or PlayStation. Its hypocritical of me as its exactly the same thing but it just seems much worse for some reason seeing single mums throwing £20 in the hope of winning a present for their kids at Christmas. 

When I first saw this I thought "that's a bit scummy" but I've since thought about it a bit more and even just doing the 1 bonus ball every week gives you £500 a week. Do the UK Lottery and the Euromillions and you're on £52K a year. What's the hassle too? You post it up online, people send you money to get their number, job done.

Anyone want to buy a number?

I believe all these lotteries are technically illegal, unless there is an element of "skill". Which is why all those lotteries where you can win a house also require you to answer a general knowledge question such as what fucking day it is or what colour fire engines are. 

And on the same subject, people who can't flog their white elephant of a house and resort to flogging raffle tickets. What grinds my gears is that if they don't sell enough tickets (enough is whatever they decide is enough), they can just give away a cash prize instead - obviously trousering a hefty profit for themselves for next to zero work. If you put your house up as a prize, you should be forced to give it away - even if only 1 mug punter buys a ticket. 

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I honestly thought most of these were scams. Get a mate involved and have them 'win' the draw. Easy pickings.

There's usually a number generator used and a time will be given where the person running it will stream and press the roulette three times. Either that or just use the lottery bonus ball. 

On 28/01/2021 at 10:20, Mr. Alli said:

I do however call out c***s selling £20 tickets for a £400 xBox or PlayStation. Its hypocritical of me as its exactly the same thing but it just seems much worse for some reason seeing single mums throwing £20 in the hope of winning a present for their kids at Christmas. 

Chris Long likes this

I had a mate "invite" me to a page ran by someone he knows and it was some slacko running about 4 raffles a week to win some cash. Surely the interest on these things dwindles? 

I also wouldn't trust a random organiser I don't think. 

Have also seen folk do Motorbikes and Cars etc. Always felt they were dodgy. 

On 28/01/2021 at 10:20, Mr. Alli said:

Been on the go for years. Folk selling all manner of tat. You'll now get guys selling 59 balls at £5 for the chance to 'win' a £200 jumper. The organiser will then mail and order the clothes for the winner and pocket the excess. I've no problem with it as it's a fairly transparent thing although I don't partake. 

I actually entered one of those Xbox ones with exactly that setup. I see where you are coming with people who may be desperate to get one/don’t have the full amount etc.

For me it was more thinking it’s only £20, if I win great and if I lose then I’ll have forgotten by tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Chris Long likes this

I had a mate "invite" me to a page ran by someone he knows and it was some slacko running about 4 raffles a week to win some cash. Surely the interest on these things dwindles? 

I also wouldn't trust a random organiser I don't think. 

Have also seen folk do Motorbikes and Cars etc. Always felt they were dodgy. 

That’s what prompted my post. Got invited to this group called Secret Games so signed up and the girl who runs it posts one an hour which is 5 numbers, £5 a number and the winner gets £20.

So she makes £5 each time which for me just wouldn’t be worth the hassle.