Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Good goal, good open game.
Nice to see an away team come to Somerset and play some football, instead of parking the bus against us and it ends up us passing sideways on our halfway line the whole game
Alloa have played the better football, for me. Can't believe we're still hoofing it long so often.

But it's working, and 2 nice goals.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Good goal, good open game.

Nice to see an away team come to Somerset and play some football, instead of parking the bus against us and it ends up us passing sideways on our halfway line the whole game

I've been impressed with some of Alloa's play. They look decent enough.

Once Wright's settled into the team and the midfield get used to his play, I think he'll do a good job for us.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Alloa have played the better football, for me. Can't believe we're still hoofing it long so often.

But it's working, and 2 nice goals.

Would say this is the best i've seen us play in a match all season, especially at home, would say we're playing quite a lot on the deck through the middle into Smith who's got space to turn and pass out to either wing. Front 4 of Walsh/Smith/McCowan/Wright all linking really well IMO. Murdoch too showing glimpses of his best from before his injury.

Once Wright's settled into the team and the midfield get used to his play, I think he'll do a good job for us.
Yeah he's looking good so far! Ball sticks to his feet and winning plenty in the air.

What’s this refs problem with Wright, any time he’s near an opponent he’s blowing the whistle. 
The ref's giving free kicks for some excellent challenges, and then nothing for the foul on Wright when he would have been through on goal. Nothing unusual sadly.

Just now, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
What’s this refs problem with Wright, any time he’s near an opponent he’s blowing the whistle. 

The ref's giving free kicks for some excellent challenges, and then nothing for the foul on Wright when he would have been through on goal. Nothing unusual sadly.

Ref's a p***k - end of.

10 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Yeah he's looking good so far! Ball sticks to his feet and winning plenty in the air.

Watching his youtube highlights I would have said the ball sticking to his feet was not one of his strengths so good to hear

Would say this is the best i've seen us play in a match all season, especially at home, would say we're playing quite a lot on the deck through the middle into Smith who's got space to turn and pass out to either wing. Front 4 of Walsh/Smith/McCowan/Wright all linking really well IMO. Murdoch too showing glimpses of his best from before his injury.
That says more about our season.

Even at the end there, mccowan pulls down and switches, thinks look promising, and we go back and punt it long to wright.

Murdoch has been guilty of launching it as well, when in a bit of space.

We've got footballers but we're not using them effectively.

But luke has been outstanding and the big man is looking good. I suppose today was more about the result than anything else.