Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If he does it'll be TW's own doing having a blank canvas all but half a dozen players to build his own team.....

Enjoy watching MOH and May next season, as they'll be your highest earners. 

For all his grumbles he got a top 6 budget last season and regularly had us spending a lot (for us) on individuals who then flopped.

11 minutes ago, flood said:

Dyer has the worst record of any Killie manager. 

Wright would not get grief due to ineptitude of dyer I’m sure if he steadies ship and gets us top 6 again

Again, he didn't get us into the top 6 in any of 2 of his last 3 seasons, and only managed it last season due to playing less games than Hibs. If your boardroom demand top 6 from him then its more pressure than he faced with us.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Enjoy watching MOH and May next season, as they'll be your highest earners. 

For all his grumbles he got a top 6 budget last season and regularly had us spending a lot (for us) on individuals who then flopped.

Again, he didn't get us into the top 6 in any of 2 of his last 3 seasons, and only managed it last season due to playing less games than Hibs. If your boardroom demand top 6 from him then its more pressure than he faced with us.

I dont think Killie budget for top 6 or expect it. Just be better at that end of table rather than lower down

Regarding Tommy and plastic pitches... he hates them. If he says otherwise now he's a lying c**t because I've heard it spew out is mouth several times.

“there might be clubs with more money, bigger resources and a bigger support than Kilmarnock but none with a bigger heart”

Hope not

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

In fact, I'm not sure that's even it, there's just a 'vibe' about it. 

I also have a "feeling" this won't work out how Killie fans are expecting. I suspect at best they'll mull about in the bottom half for 2/3 seasons not doing very much.

Almost all that is likely coming from the fact it doesn't feel right that he'll be managing another club though, tbh.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I also have a "feeling" this won't work out how Killie fans are expecting. I suspect at best they'll mull about in the bottom half for 2/3 seasons not doing very much.

Almost all that is likely coming from the fact it doesn't feel right that he'll be managing another club though, tbh.

To be fair, he's infinitely the best option out of the touted candidates.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, he's infinitely the best option out of the touted candidates.

Absolutely

It just feels a bit off to me. Same as when we re-signed May.

The quality is there but the magics gone, and despite not being a massive disappointment, it's not a success either. Feel like this'll be similar.

Well prepared for all the quotes this'll get when he leads them to 6th this Summer then 3rd next season, mind you.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

RG taking this as well as expected.

I take it you didn't bother reading my posts, and just battered in with *insert generic insult here* instead.

I hope he does well with you, as long as it doesn't directly affect us. His time with us was up, and it was best for everyone to end when it did. I'm not convinced joining a team as poor as Killie with just 11 games to get it right is the best choice he could've made for his next job, but it's done so the best of luck too him.

We never got to say goodbye so both clubs staying up and fans being allowed at the first meeting at McDiarmid next season would be grand.

Is Wright still living in Ireland, if so, the proximity to Prestwick might also factor into this, if he's looking to commute.

Aside from the plastic pitch thing, which I do find odd, it seems like a fairly decent bit of business on either side. Killie could go hunting for another, less dour and more attractive (game wise) option, but then they've tried going down the Italian route. They've tried the assistant, first time manager route and nether of them worked that well.

I'd say Wright is a better manager than Yogi and/or Rice and Killie have a squad at least on par with County/Hamilton. Wright himself must have seen the ever decreasing standing he had simply down to time out of the game. Sure he was on gardening leave for some of that, but I firmly believe that if a club had waved enough cash towards Brown a gentlemen's agreement would have materialised.

I do wonder if he maybe reached out to Aberdeen (completely unofficially) to see if McInnes was either (a) ready for the chop, and (b) if he would be in the running. If he has any ambition that would certainly seem like the one to target (just now at least).

If I had to guess, either a contract to the end of the season with a proviso of an extension if he keeps them up, or an 18 month contract with some clauses regarding relegation should it happen. Both of which, I would guess, will have a release clause in regard to the Northern Ireland job should it become available.

Edit: I see the official announcement has made it to the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55963647

Edited by Ric

I honestly believe he’d have ended up with the Hearts job in the next 18 months, especially if they either ballsed up promotion or struggled at the start of next season.

Will not make comments yet but will be interesting to see what happens with Killie. Outside looking in it feels like they have a lot of issues that need resolved and I don’t think he’s going to be able to turn it around.

24 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Great signing for Killie really. I’m guessing it’s a good fit for Tommy as he can get to and from Norn Ireland more easily via Prestwick.

There hasn't been flights from Prestwick to Northern Ireland for years!