Rangers vs St Johnstone, Wednesday 3 February 2021

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You should have refreshed before quoting :P

Your assessment is spot on though, it was mis-timed rather than malicious, nonetheless it should have been red.

I'm not sure about FT Refs though, they have them in the EPL on 6 figure salaries and they still make an arse of it on a far too regular basis.

They do, but I'd wager they make far less mistakes than our refs do (though I'm not sure how you'd set about proving this without a shit-ton of effort).

Generally, if you have a problem with something, chucking some resources at it tends to make it better. It won't completely eliminate refereeing mistakes but it should cut down on them by giving the refs more training and fitness.

The absolute worst thing we could do is put money away for refereeing improvements and spend it on VAR instead of full-time refs.

Ultimately, it's up to the strength of feeling that the fans have over bad referees. As a collective, we have enormous power. We just don't really have a means of exercising it. If we did, we could change a lot of things for the better.

Rangers fans on here very fair about the challenge and also seem able to grasp the quite simple fact that there being no malice doesn't make it alright. 

I know some folk are predispositioned to defend anything to do with their club but some of the stuff elsewhere. Jesus. 

I've no problem with Roofe and fully accept he wasn't setting out to hurt Davidson but the second he lunges he is using excessive force and clearly he's endangering an opponent. 

I don't mind Callum Davidson making comment on there being no malice but disappointed with his comments past that. Stand up for your players and your club. 

As for the game, we were fine and as structured etc... as you'd expect but a little bit lacking in ambition when you could sense Rangers weren't quite on it tonight. Still, minutes into some players and enough to take forward onto Saturday.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Clichéd shite from Gary McAllister tonight “Roofe is not that type of player”. Tell that to Murray Davidson and the Saintees medical staff.

I remember Curtis Main getting away with a clear red card against Rangers about three weeks ago. Guess what? Aberdeen also benefit from bad refereeing sometimes!

You're losing the run of yourself here.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Rangers fans on here very fair about the challenge and also seem able to grasp the quite simple fact that there being no malice doesn't make it alright. 

I know some folk are predispositioned to defend anything to do with their club but some of the stuff elsewhere. Jesus. 

I've no problem with Roofe and fully accept he wasn't setting out to hurt Davidson but the second he lunges he is using excessive force and clearly he's endangering an opponent. 

I don't mind Callum Davidson making comment on there being no malice but disappointed with his comments past that. Stand up for your players and your club. 

As for the game, we were fine and as structured etc... as you'd expect but a little bit lacking in ambition when you could sense Rangers weren't quite on it tonight. Still, minutes into some players and enough to take forward onto Saturday.

Here's one from earlier in the season. 

On 13/08/2020 at 13:29, Radford said:

It was a very poor challenge and, I thought Stephen McGinn summed it up well when he said, Gordon could have had no complaints at all if it was red. 

On the penalty, only Itten knows if the challenge was enough to put him down. It certainly appeared delayed but with that amount of contact, I can see why folk are screaming for it. Again, no complaints if it had been given. 

Pathetic whataboutery above. @bennett

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Somebody posts a video of a Saints player getting injured (from a Saints fan twitter account) but some orc shows this.  A strange bunch.

Haha raging. Mind the gap anyway pal. I hear it's cold tonight maybe even -23!

Just now, gannonball said:

I rest my case. A strange bunch

I mean, you've come steaming into our thread greetin about the refs when you got an offside goal and cheated the ref with a dive for a penalty last night. It's no wonder people aren't taking you seriously.

Just now, G51 said:

I mean, you've come steaming into our thread greetin about the refs when you got an offside goal and cheated the ref with a dive for a penalty last night. It's no wonder people aren't taking you seriously.

It's class tbf

1352024571835277320.gif.91ed441c75eb1a894517efd5b2852a4a.gif