How Was Your Window?

4 hours ago, virginton said:

That £500k government survival grant definitely not being spunked on shiny new signings to chase success at several clubs at this level. 

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

Benefit of having the begging bowls out in the close season, IMO.

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Ben is on loan from Rangers.

Arbroath have done really well during the transfer window ( which is still open for clubs in the Championship until the end of Feb).

I actually thought he was but bloody Wiki said Dundee United. I meant to double check and forgot to go back to it!

The window is NOT still open but domestic loans are still allowed. That's not the same thing though.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

But forgot that Hearts have sent Lewis Moore on Loan

also

Out: Jordan Roberts to Motherwell
In: Aaron McEneff from Shamrock Roveres

So that's 3 midfielders out, 3 midfielders  and a striker in

I'd have expected that if we signed four  than there would be a defender in there

I didn't forget about Moore. I didn't think he was part of Hearts 1st team squad and deliberately didn't include him. I've done so now if you think he should be there though.

I did forget McEneff (again he wasn't in the Wiki list, but I did notice his signing last night so I should have remembered). I've never heard of Jordan Roberts so yes, missed that one.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Glad Queens never lost any players this Jan window last year's was almost a disaster... Would still like to see another defender and CM added if any cash is left in the pot... 

I think we could do with another defender ideally. I don't think we particularly need another CM. We've got McCabe, McKee, McGrory, McMahon already plus the likes of Nortey and Joseph who can sit in there. Even Gibson if we had another right sided defender.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't forget about Moore. I didn't think he was part of Hearts 1st team squad and deliberately didn't include him. I've done so now if you think he should be there though.

Sorry, I was being cheeky
You're doing a great job

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your calling as comedian?

Or not.

A credible explanation as to why your club let a clown ex-politician attend a closed-door game: that's definitely missing. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think we could do with another defender ideally. I don't think we particularly need another CM. We've got McCabe, McKee, McGrory, McMahon already plus the likes of Nortey and Joseph who can sit in there. Even Gibson if we had another right sided defender.

And Pybus... But would still like a tall strong box to box midfielder in the squad the players we have are all very similar in stature. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

And Pybus... But would still like a tall strong box to box midfielder in the squad the players we have are all very similar in stature. 

Aye fair point re Dan. I was thinking more of the sitting midfielders in the current formation but he can play there too. Even less reason we need one then.

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yep, losing what looks like our most exciting and creative player to a rival with no-one coming in. *Sigh*

Talk of Robertson wanting to sign a striker if one's available as a free agent or on loan but aside from Billy Mckay I can't imagine there's much to choose from.

Can we afford Billy Mckays wages?

I don’t see County paying some of his wages to play for us.

20 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Can we afford Billy Mckays wages?

I don’t see County paying some of his wages to play for us.

Don't know.  They might want him off the books to some degree.  Robertson seems to have a habit of bringing back old players so I've no doubt he'll have crossed his mind but I imagine he'd have joined by now if he were coming.

It's never a window that I like seeing wholesale changes in. MacDonald signing a 2 and a half year deal is obviously one for the future, Banks on loan from Palace is hopefully a player that can give us a bit of excitement. Maybe glanced a tad enviously towards starks and dens park regarding some of the forwards they've signed but not all that arsed if I'm honest. Still need to take stock that every club at this level must be hemorrhaging money this season so possibly wise not to go balls to the wall in terms of signings.