Livi v St Johnstone League Cup Finalists

Poor display from Livi ,St Johnstone  easily the better team. Too many players not turning up, heads dropped at 2-0. 

Barclay and Holt really  need to start playing further up the park, instead of sitting in front of the defence 

Stryjek  4/10  Jittery

Devlin   3/10  Passing, Defending, crosses poor 

Ambrose  5/10  Good on the ball but Defending poor today.

Taylor-Sinclair 3/10   Not very good

Longridge  5/10   OK, but takes the easy options 

Bartley    3/10  No dig in midfield 

Holt       5/10  Sits to deep

Lawson     7/10  The only player with a bit of bite in midfield

Pittman    5/10   Poor by his standard

Forrest    2/10   Waste of a jersey 

Robinson   5/10  Plenty running, no support

Kabiaat    4/10  Not on ball enough, good at whipping  the ball into box

Jet        4/10  We know he's got no pace, but good control with the ball, and hold up play, too much fouling 

Well done Saints.Enjoy your win.Most Saints fans im sure wont be niave enough to write Livi off.Hopefully we will have our influential players back for Hampden. It will definatly be a lot closer than today was.We ended your impressive run earlier,and yous have returned the favour.Was good while it lasted,just have to start over again, like yous have.We move on.🦁 

JET again coming on and linking up play when Robbo is being snuffed out, that's when things started happening for us around their box. Kabia looks good again too, has a knack for getting under opposition players skin, Brown sent off for throwing an arm in his face, another Celtic player did the same but got away with it, and i think it was Rooney today that pushed him on the back of his head as they were walking away from a tussle, and Bartley got involved having a word with him about it.

Did anyone really think Chris Kane would turn around his fortunes at Saints and start putting in these type of performances? I absolutely love being proved wrong - delighted for him as he's taken soo much stick in recent years. Absolute respect.  I wonder what's changed?

Just now, Broon_100 said:

Did anyone really think Chris Kane would turn around his fortunes at Saints and start putting in these type of performances? I absolutely love being proved wrong - delighted for him as he's taken soo much stick in recent years. Absolute respect.  I wonder what's changed?

Might be as simple as not having fans constantly on his back at games, he was one of the boo boys’ biggest targets. I imagine having Maclean back at the club and coaching him will have helped and he really suits the two shapes that Davidson has drilled into the players. He’s making himself undroppable with his performances now. 

Pretty fair comment from Martindale.

🗣️ "I'm not disappointed with the performance - I'm more disappointed with the manner in which we lost the goals."

A dogged performance against an equally dogged St Johnstone, wasn't a lot in it apart from the set pieces, and our defending of them let us down. Esp the 2nd one.

With the amount of games we've played and rotating the starting XI, we've done a fantastic job, this being the first game where we failed to get something, would certainly have taken it before January fixtures started.

Big challenge now it to bounce back with results against Accies and Utd, then another really tough game against St Mirren before the final. 

TBF.Think we are fortunate to have games coming up against so called weaker teams where on current form youd expect us to be favourable to take points from.Cup final aside,we are there to be shot down.Full streaghth, no problem.. Weve virtually secured survival for another year.Only way is up now.Nearly there

🏆🦁👍

3 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

Poor display from Livi ,St Johnstone  easily the better team. Too many players not turning up, heads dropped at 2-0. 

Barclay and Holt really  need to start playing further up the park, instead of sitting in front of the defence 

Stryjek  4/10  Jittery

Devlin   3/10  Passing, Defending, crosses poor 

Ambrose  5/10  Good on the ball but Defending poor today.

Taylor-Sinclair 3/10   Not very good

Longridge  5/10   OK, but takes the easy options 

Bartley    3/10  No dig in midfield 

Holt       5/10  Sits to deep

Lawson     7/10  The only player with a bit of bite in midfield

Pittman    5/10   Poor by his standard

Forrest    2/10   Waste of a jersey 

Robinson   5/10  Plenty running, no support

Kabiaat    4/10  Not on ball enough, good at whipping  the ball into box

Jet        4/10  We know he's got no pace, but good control with the ball, and hold up play, too much fouling 

OAFT...are you Allan Preston in disguise?

Steven Maclean

4-2-3-1 formation in my opinion, only works if you have you're fullbacks bombing forward, this formation was wrong with this starting 11 as an attacking force..
Longridge and Devlin weren't getting up the wing, and when Devlin eventually managed to get up his final ball was poor. Holt and Barclay were quite happy sitting deep, leaving Pittman and Lawson with all the running, which Lawson done well in the first half. Forrest was hugging the touchline, the game just passing him bye with no appetite to try chase the ball.
This game reminded  me of the games earlier in the season ,with few chances being created, six defensive type players and 2 good forward midfielders left with to much to do, and a winger in Forrest who is not willing  to chase.
4-4-2 would be my formation, if playing, Barclay and Holt need to be playing in the opposition half more on the front foot

10 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

4-2-3-1 formation in my opinion, only works if you have you're fullbacks bombing forward, this formation was wrong with this starting 11 as an attacking force..
Longridge and Devlin weren't getting up the wing, and when Devlin eventually managed to get up his final ball was poor. Holt and Barclay were quite happy sitting deep, leaving Pittman and Lawson with all the running, which Lawson done well in the first half. Forrest was hugging the touchline, the game just passing him bye with no appetite to try chase the ball.
This game reminded  me of the games earlier in the season ,with few chances being created, six defensive type players and 2 good forward midfielders left with to much to do, and a winger in Forrest who is not willing  to chase.
4-4-2 would be my formation, if playing, Barclay and Holt need to be playing in the opposition half more on the front foot

If you're going to attempt to pass as a genuine Livi supporter then please get the club captain's name right. Forrest was chasing all over the place, even making some important defensive interventions. He struggled up against their man mountain of a RB which nullified the crossfield pass that seemed to be the tactic. Not the game for him today and I think that was a mistake on Martindale's part however I can see why he's picked him with Mullin missing through injury.

29 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Jeezo mate, chill out.

If I’ve interpreted this thread correctly then no one would’ve batted an eyelid if 0-0 at HT. ATS has made a mistake for the first and sometimes you just have to acknowledge a quality finish (Tanser). We’ve seen him do that before. Shots were hardly being rained in on Max’s goal for the 90 let alone in 5 mins after HT. Another mistake in the box and we are 2 down, with the absence of Brown and Guthrie telling. The game was frantic and sometimes errors happen at that pace (remember Tuesday was ATS first appearance since August). St Johnstone out battled us today but hardly a reason to pull everyone over the coals. I think the heavy criticism of Forrest in particular Is unwarranted; he chased hard. We struggled to find him in space and that’s credit to robust defending.

Edited by crispy