Major incidents in Kilmarnock

ICTChris

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think we all know how this gets reported in the papers. Doting father,still in love, struggling to come to terms... etc etc 

Yup. There was a story in one of the Edinburgh papers recently describing a guy who was basically a creepy as f**k stalker as "lovelorn". f**k off. 

The map showing Glasgow, Kilmarnock and Ayr is particularly helpful. 
Reporting Scotland also felt the need to explain that Crosshouse Hospital was a 45-minute drive from Glasgow. BBC obviously struggling to deal with the concept of major news outside the big city.

Hope the web rumours aren't true.

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Social media was very excited when they thought it might be about coronavirus, but they all calmed down at the rumours that it's just another man murdering women he knows. A "domestic gone wrong" is fine for a laugh.

In the past 10 years, 44% of the women murdered in Scotland were killed by a partner or ex-partner and another 18% were killed by a relative.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/homicide-scotland-2019-2020/pages/3/ 

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 23.01.34.png

Glad to see this being highlighted, our attitude towards domestic abuse is absolutely terrible in this country. Hopefully folks on here know about the right to ask law which means they can ask for any significant domestic abuse history can be disclosed to a potentially at risk partner, would encourage anyone to take 5 minutes and fill the form out online to help safeguard people. 

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yup. There was a story in one of the Edinburgh papers recently describing a guy who was basically a creepy as f**k stalker as "lovelorn". f**k off. 

The standard of reporting and wording used by our media is shameful most of the time but even more so on these occasions. 

5 minutes ago, BC17 said:

Reporting Scotland also felt the need to explain that Crosshouse Hospital was a 45-minute drive from Glasgow. BBC obviously struggling to deal with the concept of major news outside the big city.

Hope the web rumours aren't true.

If you're driving a tractor maybe.

29 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Not making light of it but I actually thought those %'s would be much higher. 

Yeah, I did too. And it's important to talk about the male victims too, the ratio of 3 women killed by their partners or exes to 1 man killed by their partner or ex is lower than I'd expected (though still grim).

Other reports covering the UK put the figure much higher - this one says 61%. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51572665 

Ach I shouldn't be speculating off of rumours, they just seem pretty credible.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yeah, I did too. And it's important to talk about the male victims too, the ratio of 3 women killed by their partners or exes to 1 man killed by their partner or ex is lower than I'd expected (though still grim).

Other reports covering the UK put the figure much higher - this one says 61%. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51572665 

Ach I shouldn't be speculating off of rumours, they just seem pretty credible.

Unfortunately too many people view their partners and loved ones as possessions, some can't stand the thought of an ex being with someone else then there's the strange notion some have that the children are just theirs. 

Edited by ayrmad

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tell me thats not happened :( thats scumbag behaviour. 

No point in trying to help someone when you can get a few emojis on Facebook. 

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tell me thats not happened :( thats scumbag behaviour. 

Video on Twitter sadly, the c**t's zoomed in on it for 30 seconds. f**k knows what type of person thinks that's acceptable. 

Edited by Fratelli

27 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

You're a next level creep if your reaction to someone getting resuscitated is to whip your phone out and film it. 

That's sickening. 

What scumbag would think it's appropriate to film and upload to social media. 

I could maybe, kinda understand if someone filmed it, thinking it might help with an investigation or prosecution. But anyone putting it on the internet should be tied to a lamppost outside the Burns shopping centre and left for dead.

Can’t be far away from the day when some cnut starts filming something like that, and someone else starts filming them fliming it, with a comment along the lines of ‘look at that sicko filming that poor bloke on the street’. Someone else then starts filming the guy who is filming the first guy... ends up like being in an elevator with mirrored side panels as it spreads down the street towards infinity.

Edited by pozbaird

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can’t be far away from the day when some cnut starts filming something like that, and someone else starts filming them fliming it, with a comment along the lines of ‘look at that sicko filming that poor bloke on the street’. Someone else then starts filming the guy who is filming the first guy... ends up like being in an elevator with mirrored side panels as it spreads down the street towards infinity.

We have had that massacre in New Zealand sadly for the sickest of the lot.

By that I mean the perpetrator filmed the whole thing, not witnesses who could have helped but chose not to. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv