Your loan XI

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Au contraire, I did "bother" to complete a full team, there genuinely isn't anyone in the AM area.

Anyway, this is in the Premiership section of the forum, what are you doing here?

Anders Dreyer was excellent for us, a real game changer until injury stopped him short.

GK - Billy O'Brien (Man City)

LB - Paul Dummett (Newcastle)

CB - Scott Cuthbert (Celtic)

CB - Sean McLoughlin (Hull)

RB - Liam Smith (Hearts)

LM - Graham Carey (Celtic)

RM - Anders Dreyer (Brighton) Not quite a right mid but I've squeezed him in.

CM - Connor Newton (Newcastle)

CM - Charlie Adam (Rangers)

ST - Barry Lavety (Hibs)

ST - Esmael Goncalves (Rio Ave)

Ruling out players who immediately after went on to sign for us permanently or we sold and immediately loaned back so no place for Harry Davis, Paul McGowan, Lewis Morgan, Cammy Smith, Paul McKnight, Ricky Gillies.

Carey does get in though as there was a year and further loan moves between us having him on loan and signing him.
Same with Lavety who didn't actually sign for us following 1999/2000 after being on loan from Hibs, it was another 3 years before he returned.

Popescu (Din Bucharest) and Famewo (Norwich) unlucky to miss out.

GK - Ofir Marciano (Ashdod) - Also wins our best goalkeeper of my lifetime award, who would remember we had him on loan before we signed him permanently though? No explanation required really, still bossing it.

CB - Niklas Gunnarsson (Valerenga) - Struggled for centre halves but Gunnarsson was half decent, scored against Rangers and was always solid enough, looked cool as f**k on the open top bus after we won the cup.

CB - James McPake (Coventry) - This is a weird one, when we signed him on loan he looked like a prime Beckenbauer, proper captain, gave everything and looked class, signed him permanently and he fell to bits and even before that happened he was pish.

CB - Efe Ambrose (Celtic) - absolute baller, was unreal to sign him permanently

RM - Martin Boyle (Dundee) - 😂 What a weird loan signing this was, sent Alex Harris on loan to Dundee in return for Martin Boyle, such a weird signing that turned out to be one of the best we’ve made in years, Mr Harris now plying his trade at Edinburgh City

CM - Jorge Claros (Montagua) - Opted to put him in over Fyvie, Rocastle and even Scott Allan on the basis that the other 2 CMs are players that went on to have a real connection to the club and Jorge was a bit different. I absolutely loved watching this guy play, be surprised if he ever scored a goal in his puff but he was so composed, he played in a team where only him and Griffiths were any good at football and the pair of them took us to a cup final pretty much single handedly, his touches and passing was just unbelievable, he always got himself in a position where he looked like he had more time on the ball than he did, absolutely loved watching this guy.

CM - Dylan McGeouch (Celtic) - More of the cafflick brotherhood loans, similar to Claros with better players around him although a bit more direct, was a good dribbler and went on to be a smashing player for us, another I loved watching.

CM - Liam Henderson (Celtic) - I honestly just pray we see this guy either back at Hibs or playing for Scotland or even down south, I might actually watch English football if this ever happens, this guy had it all, the heart, the work ethic, the technical ability, could hit free kicks, corners (hehe), absolute joy to watch and fair play to the guy living it up in Italy and doing well by all accounts.

LM - Brandon Barker (Man City) - Seemed the best option for left midfield, looked like a rabbit in a headlights when we first signed him but really came on, was absolutely rapid, final ball was pish when we first got him but it improved, he scored a goal against Killie when we beat them 5-3 that pretty much secured europe and I remember going absolutely tonto in what was a fucking mental match.

ST - Leigh Griffiths (Celtic) - Touched on him already, he needs no description, that second season we had him on loan he scored something ridiculous like 30 goals, would love to (and expect to) see him back at Easter road eventually.

ST - Anthony Stokes (Celtic) - Not the most successful loan spell but he gets in for THAT performance, rumour has it when Tavernier goes to bed after lifting the title in May he’ll still have nightmares about Mr Stokes from 2016, tore him to pieces and secured the best day in Scottish football history.

11 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'll leave out anyone who signed permanently because that's cheating a bit. 

GK: John Ruddy - Great keeper. Liam Kelly might get a nod but sample size sways this one. 

RB: Yassin Moutaouakil - That's right. He's not just a paneer loving Chris Cadden hater. He's also the only right back I can think of that we had on loan so he's in by default. 

CB: Tom Aldred - Bury fans hated him. Then they went out of business. Serves them right because big Tam Aldred was a colossus. 

CB: Gavin Gunning - Yes he's shite but the alternatives were Zak Jules or Mark O'Brien ffs. 

LB: Tony Straker (c) - The reason we've got scaffolding up over the east stand is because we're erecting a statue of him. An icon that brought joy to anyone who set eyes on him. 

CM: Krisztián Vadócz - A silky midfielder. Pretty sure he scored a screamer against Real Madrid a couple of years later when he was playing in La Liga. 

CM: Simon Lappin - Scored when we won at Parkhead. Decent enough player from what I remember. 

CM: Maros Klimpl - A savage, make no mistake. I suppose someone in this team needs to be solely there to kick folk. 

FW: Nadir Çiftçi - Miss you every day, Nads. 

FW: Lukas Jutkiewicz - He was a great all-round striker. Scored the best goal I have ever seen against Hibs but was ultimately a solid player the rest of the time too. 

FW: Gboly Ariyibi - Pure, unbridled entertainment. Would run at a full back doing 12 stepovers, nutmeg him twice then cut in and fire a shot into outer space. Scorer of the most seethe inducing goal Parkhead has ever seen. And James Scott was the fall guy. Nobody remembers Teflon Gboly sprinting about 60 yards to score a tap in. 

Looking at that team Tam Aldred's got his work cut out keeping a track of that defence and I suspect John Ruddy's likely to be a busy guy. However if that front 3 all turn up at once it's irrelevant because we'll score 10. 

I think we should drop kick the academy and loan in all our players.  Motherwell mercenaries.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

@RossBFaeDundee, when did you start following Dundee?

I'd have Efrem ahead of Wright from the Shinnie season but it was at a lower level. 

All time best loan business I've seen Dundee do was Paco Luna. What a man. 

Again, pretty young, started being interested around the 04/05 season and was on and off as I grew up, didn't really start caring the way I do now til the end of the 2017/18 season, and have desperately been trying to catch up ever since.

@DA Baracus you have O Brien and Hamill on the wrong side, Hammill played on the left mostly. 

Here's a shitty loan eleven: 

GK:  Chris Smith (St Mirren)

RB: Jason Thomson (Hearts)

CB: Luke Johnston (Dundee Utd)

LB: Michael McGlinchey (Celtic) (out of position)

RW: Rory Loy (Rangers)

CM: Kyle Hutton (Rangers)

CM: James Vincent (Dundee) (harsh but need a midfielder there!)

LW: Josh Coley (Norwich)

FW: Lewis Allan (Hibernian)

FW: Edinho (Bradford)

FW: Tomas Danilvicious (Arsenal)

FW: Jamie Mole (Hearts)

Subs: Iain Turner (Preston), Anthony McDonald (Hearts), Derek Lyle (QotS), 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

@DA Baracus you have O Brien and Hamill on the wrong side, Hammill played on the left mostly. 

Here's a shitty loan eleven: 

GK:  Chris Smith (St Mirren)

RB: Jason Thomson (Hearts)

CB: Luke Johnston (Dundee Utd)

LB: Michael McGlinchey (Celtic) (out of position)

RW: Rory Loy (Rangers)

CM: Kyle Hutton (Rangers)

CM: James Vincent (Dundee) (harsh but need a midfielder there!)

LW: Josh Coley (Norwich)

FW: Lewis Allan (Hibernian)

FW: Edinho (Bradford)

FW: Tomas Danilvicious (Arsenal)

FW: Jamie Mole (Hearts)

Subs: Iain Turner (Preston), Anthony McDonald (Hearts), Derek Lyle (QotS), 

Start a worst loan XI thread so that I don't need to gaze upon this dreck!