Alloa vs Arbroath

I think it’s fair to say that this game is absolutely massive for both sides. Depending on how Alloa get on at Inverness on Wednesday a home win could take them above us while a Lichties win could give us a 6 point cushion! Both sides coming off impressive wins yesterday and Arbroath are currently on a 5 match unbeaten run. I’d go with the same starting XI again unless Hammy is able to return from injury.

What do Alloa charge for PPV and do you use that Pixelot nonsense?

Think snow supposed to clear up by Thursday afternoon / night. 

I am actually very confident, we’ve been a totally different team the last 6/7 games, which means one thing.... everything’s going to good and we are due a kick in the baws. 

Same team again unless Hammy can play left back. 

Think Hilson has been great playing up alongside big Hamilton. Getting the best out of him, the midfield as busy as ever and Bobby been giving us that bit of magic we’ve missed at times. 

Everything’s going great, strong bench too.

2-0 Alloa....! 😂

Would deffo start with the same team that started against the Pars apart from Hammy in for Stewart if he is fit.

Very harsh on Stewart i know but if our normal back 4 is fit and on form then they MUST play together.

Although the snow might be lifting my concern would be the flooding as their ground has a history of flooding but really hope the game is on as we are on a wee bit of a run just now.

And as has been said what a STRONG bench we have to call on if required.

Gutted for Swankie being maybe out for the rest of the season as he is a great player and has been a magnificent servant for the Red Lichties so let's hope he is back before the end of the season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

6 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Would deffo start with the same team that started against the Pars apart from Hammy in for Stewart if he is fit.

Very harsh on Stewart i know but if our normal back 4 is fit and on form then they MUST play together.

Although the snow might be lifting my concern would be the flooding as their ground has a history of flooding but really hope the game is on as we are on a wee bit of a run just now.

And as has been said what a STRONG bench we have to call on if required.

Gutted for Swankie being maybe out for the rest of the season as he is a great player and has been a magnificent servant for the Red Lichties so let's hope he is back before the end of the season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

A drain burst at the side of the park on a single occasion. A "history" of flooding suggests frequent occurrence to me, which is completely not the case.

43 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

A drain burst at the side of the park on a single occasion. A "history" of flooding suggests frequent occurrence to me, which is completely not the case.

To be fair didn't the recs used to be a bog all the time?

It's the temperature that will kill us if it's -8. Sand holds a lot less moisture than soil but we've had referees in the past say the surface is too hard in cold conditions..

Edited by LeodhasXD

36 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

To be fair didn't the recs used to be a bog all the time?

It's the temperature that will kill us if it's -8. Sand holds a lot less moisture than soil but we've had referees in the past say the surface is too hard in cold conditions..

It was in the 80s 😄

Since we installed the plastic in 2007 I can only recall 3 postponed games at The Recs. Cowdenbeath in 2010/11, Queen of the South in 2012/13 and Arbroath last season. Maybe theres others Ive just forgotten.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

It was in the 80s 😄

Since we installed the plastic in 2007 I can only recall 3 postponed games at The Recs. Cowdenbeath in 2010/11, Queen of the South in 2012/13 and Arbroath last season. Maybe theres others Ive just forgotten.

Just to make you feel old. Comfortably before my time😂

Even then, when they did the new astro, they dug up the ground even more for extra drainage. I don't think Livingston had the same extent of groundworks done to it by the images I saw at their park. One of the Scotland games recently where Hampden was a swamp and in the same conditions our park was sublime.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Game be on Leodhas? Dunno what like through there but any half busy road here just wet now. Pitch be the same I’m guessin? Just soaked?

I'll be down later at the ground. It's all been salted aswell so it's as prepared as it can be. But tomorrow's forecast looks 'ok' barring the chance of snow showers during the game.