Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

8 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Its not me that wants this,seems that everyone other than Falkirk is against 18, but no one can find a way to shoehorn fixtures in. 

Personally I'd null and void the season & start afresh next season if it were up to me. I've lost all interest this year.

I was suggesting a way of not punishing clubs for this seasons exploits. Clubs had the option of agreeing to a plan b before a ball was kicked but refused to.

Anyway, it's agreed the 18, but maybe 22 option with no leeway shambles is happening! 

Which clubs have publicly said they want 22 games, same question for 18....?

Punishing the club's is not getting some sort of closure of this season for me, I'd be saying the same if we were in Forfar's shoes

Edited by MrDust

53 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Which clubs have publicly said they want 22 games, same question for 18....?

Punishing the club's is not getting some sort of closure of this season for me, I'd be saying the same if we were in Forfar's shoes

A little bit in The Sun ( I know!) certainly suggesting that Patrick were very pro 22 game plan and can only imagine Forfar were too but no confirmation. 

It’ll be 18 games anyway as the schedule is bonkers and will fall apart I think.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

A little bit in The Sun ( I know!) certainly suggesting that Patrick were very pro 22 game plan and can only imagine Forfar were too but no confirmation. 

It’ll be 18 games anyway as the schedule is bonkers and will fall apart I think.

Yes I'd expect those two but that still leaves eight others.  It's ludicrous if the other 8 are having to do what those two want.  That's the kind of thing you expect with the old firm. Why they didn't just put the options down and vote on them with the option that gains the most votes being the  choice is beyond me.  Once they had done that a simple vote passing that option  to please the spfl should've been it. The odds are it will be 18 but having this hybrid idea only brings problems.  You could end up losing the league because a couple of  teams can't play a fixture .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes I'd expect those two but that still leaves eight others.  It's ludicrous if the other 8 are having to do what those two want.  That's the kind of thing you expect with the old firm. Why they didn't just put the options down and vote on them with the option that gains the most votes being the  choice is beyond me.  Once they had done that a simple vote passing that option  to please the spfl should've been it.

There is clearly a lot of ill feeling towards the Board and the decision to shut things down in January and the League One and Two clubs seem to have decided to act as one and stick together.  In some ways commendable, however, probably not the hill to die on.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes I'd expect those two but that still leaves eight others.  It's ludicrous if the other 8 are having to do what those two want.  That's the kind of thing you expect with the old firm. Why they didn't just put the options down and vote on them with the option that gains the most votes being the  choice is beyond me.  Once they had done that a simple vote passing that option  to please the spfl should've been it. The odds are it will be 18 but having this hybrid idea only brings problems.  You could end up losing the league because a couple of  teams can't play a fixture .

The more I think about it I think is more down to sponsors/advertising and season tickets refunds. 

18 is two thirds of what they paid for, 22 is closer to 27 and play offs gives a bit more leeway, obviously the top 4.

It must be more than those two clubs, because any change to the structure only required 8 votes.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It must be more than those two clubs, because any change to the structure only required 8 votes.

Yes but surely not the majority of clubs in the league. I would've thought the majority would've been happy with a straight 18. Unless as Mr dust points out again it's more about refunds to team sponsors and season ticket holders. I could accept that but that's not the reasons being put forward by the clubs it would seem.

Guest The Phoenix

It really isn't rocket science. 

8 votes required to effect change. 

Insufficient support for 18.

Insufficient support for Null & Void.

27 games impossible. 

Compromise. 

9 minutes ago, David W said:

No. Clyde are in the same boat. Possible East Fife as well?

Never noticed they are down to meet next Thursday too. Hope Clyde East Fife Dumbarton Patrick Montrose Cove and Falkirk keep winning their Cup Ties. 

The dreadful idea is trying to cram 22 games in the league this season. A home and away tie would have sufficed and then the cup games wouldn't have been as much of an issue. 5 out of 6 league 1 teams went through in the Scottish cup tonight.

Can't see any of the teams that make the championship playoffs winning it based on the amount of games required in such a small amount of time if your trying to go up via that route.

Edited by Rbon

Dumbarton now have an interesting 7 days starting Saturday. 4 games.  Peterhead Falkirk Airdrie Aberdeen. Does the Thursday match now get postponed ?
We also play Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday straight after the Aberdeen game too. Seven games in a fortnight.