Premier Relegation spots

17 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

Yes I’m more than supportive of your comments above.

you’re bang-on with the TJFC/Crossgates/Dunbar situation. That data has to extrapolated from the table. It should also apply to any others teams in similar circumstances

If the rearranged fixture v Tranent is extrapolated out then Dunbar have a current PPG of 0.916 and Crossgates have 0.909. Do I want that to happen - absolutely not as no way Crossgates should be penalised by a margin of 0.007 no more than Dunbar should by keeping the Tranent game in.

Crossgates would also rightly point to playing 1 less game, and neither club has played each other yet. 

Wow! The last 24 hours on this post has been a comedy of errors with a split of 2 (or perhaps 3) opinions/camps. If what has been said about Dundonald’s actions are true, hopefully no other clubs pays the piper! 

We just need to wait and see what the EoS committee decides on Thursday. From my point of view, this 2 or 3 week extension given by EoS should never have happen and a decision should have been made at that time. Scottish Government were never going to bring forward the date of 17 May. 

42 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

I honestly don’t think you can reasonably ask players, coaches and club volunteers to prioritise football over family, work, holidays and general physical and mental well-being  after what would be 5 months of lockdown for a crazy 6 week period. Personal opinion but I do not think that is a realistic option. 

100% this plus to go through this not even to complete a season but limp to 50% of fixtures, and start another season a couple of weeks later?

3 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Yip.  Contact training only. The guy who said earlier that matches then start on 22 May was having a laugh. 

You’ve misinterpreted me there. The date of 22nd May is the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden, and as per the SFA statement, will bring the curtain down on the 2020/ 2021 season. I don’t mean Tier 6 could go back playing - I meant that we could not play beyond that date. Apologies for confusion on that. 

4 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

I meant that we could not play beyond that date. Apologies for confusion on that. 

In general and including this season, the Scottish Cup final doesn't mark the final game in the senior calendar. There's a number of games that get played beyond it. The original fixture lists for 2020-21 had games going into June.

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

You’ve misinterpreted me there. The date of 22nd May is the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden, and as per the SFA statement, will bring the curtain down on the 2020/ 2021 season. I don’t mean Tier 6 could go back playing - I meant that we could not play beyond that date. Apologies for confusion on that. 

I wasn’t getting at you. Getting at an earlier comment on how easy it is to get the season started again/ then finished.

I didn’t want season 20-21 to start. But once the decision was made, I did every thing I could to try and help my club get matches on. Now we are here, let’s cut the crap out and concentrate on season 2021-22. If play does resume, managers, players, committee alike have to try and deal with 2/3 matches a week by certain time then what? These guys have families so want/ need family time/break but clubs will then be asking them now to commit to next season in short space of time? Give the guys a break! 

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In general and including this season, the Scottish Cup final doesn't mark the final game in the senior calendar. There's a number of games that get played beyond it. The original fixture lists for 2020-21 had games going into June.

Check the press release from the SFA dated 3rd March - that says different 🤷🏼‍♂️

15 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

I would think many clubs just want their governing body to stand by the decision to null and void that was made at the beginning of the season should 50% of games not be reached and that was then reaffirmed to them in February. I guess it really is as simple as that. Looking for ulterior motives is fruitless when such motives will be found in nearly every clubs position on the matter.

That's it, in a nutshell. Different decisions suit different teams so really you would have to stick with the decision made before a ball was kicked, which was null and void. There should be no debate. The decision has been made. Why is any other outcome even being debated?

4 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

Check the press release from the SFA dated 3rd March - that says different 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, it's a quote from Ian Maxwell. Someone that's always on the ball when it comes to the non-league :whistle

Looks at the NCL who fall under the same professional exemption status, is part of the SFA JPP and soon to be an official part of the pyramid. They're going to finish out the 2020-21 season as the most anyone has to play is 5 games.

After a request by the management board for points to raise at next board meeting.

Our proposal for consideration was circulated to some clubs not all as a way to gauge other clubs thoughts on implementing a tiered league structure by declaring the season on ppg. I am happy to forward to all clubs if that is so desired. 

The feedback was mostly positive with other points raised and some negative feedback also.

As suggested here nothing is underhand, I was advised that if we wanted to call an egm to discuss we need 10 clubs to second our proposal.  We have achieved this although after further discussion our thought process is we are happy to go with the decision of the management committee after Thursdays meeting. 

Would I have made this proposal is Dundonald would have been relegated as a result possibly not.  If proposal came in was accepted and we were duly relegated a would get on with it as firmly believe a league structure is required ASAP.

I don’t hide behind user names and happy to discuss with anybody any issues or concerns they have.  I am easily contactable.

Self preservation is understandable but surely we need to be bigger than that and look at the end goal on pyramid structure not what’s in front of our nose.  Look at the bigger picture.

As for not being made welcome at certain clubs if the proposal is implemented as suggested by a poster on here. I am big enough and ugly enough not to let that bother me to be honest.  I might get a free pint from others.

Change effects everyone sometimes positively and other times negatively.  We still need to embrace it if it’s for the greater good.

Every club  has grievances based on there personal circumstances. The 2 banging the drum here are Dunbar and Blackburn for it being unfair. I can guarantee if either were safe by PPG they would be fine with calling the league in that form. Every club in the country would do there best for there club if they are in that position. 

Yes there was an agreement in place but we can't go another season with 18 team top league and conferences again. The time is right now to get the leagues sorted for next season especially with the new influx of clubs and finally everyone under the one umbrella.

Blackburn and Whitehill will have been saved 2 years in a row if null and void .

A pyramid is in place for all teams to find there level. 

Jeanfield or Tranent deserve a crack at LL and Luncarty and Leith deserve a crack at Premier league.

Its very unfortunate on the teams being relegated  but there is every chance they may be down there struggling again for a third season in a row.

If Any of the bottom 4 teams were to be relegated  they would come straight back up in a years time if proven to be good enough.

For everyone's sake let's get leagues in place for starting 21/22

16 team Premier 16 team championship and 2 regionalised leagues  below that.

Let everyone find there level .

I really cant believe the niave petty mind set of some of the posters on here , but i thought it was just me being paranoid,

so to clarify , yes im a player , do i want to play play football  , yes 100%

Have i had my jag, no , has my young family No , has my team mates No so will i be forced into playing ? then i have to explain to my family that some greedy gits have decided ive to play 3 games a week to keep the numbers happy for PPG ,REALYY ?

NO EFFING WAY just to keep some back room , ass wipes happy about PPG  , whom ever thinks going back early is a 100%  AN idiot

players are human beings not numbers, we arent getting paid ,cant travel together , cant shower,we have families ,commitments,jobs and responsibilities 

i asked my team mates the younger ones dont care the older ones were all a NO Way 

it may be ok to say , oh 50% can be done , its not impossible , lets just play ,,,,you are not the ones playing you immature ,selfish cretins 

therefore if we are forced back what stance will the league team when clubs cant field teams ? will i get banned ? will the club ?

please stop all this Crap

FOOTBALL IS DONE FINISHED , THIS SEASON ,

lets look forward to next season and some normality 

20 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

After a request by the management board for points to raise at next board meeting.

Our proposal for consideration was circulated to some clubs not all as a way to gauge other clubs thoughts on implementing a tiered league structure by declaring the season on ppg. I am happy to forward to all clubs if that is so desired. 

The feedback was mostly positive with other points raised and some negative feedback also.

As suggested here nothing is underhand, I was advised that if we wanted to call an egm to discuss we need 10 clubs to second our proposal.  We have achieved this although after further discussion our thought process is we are happy to go with the decision of the management committee after Thursdays meeting. 

Would I have made this proposal is Dundonald would have been relegated as a result possibly not.  If proposal came in was accepted and we were duly relegated a would get on with it as firmly believe a league structure is required ASAP.

I don’t hide behind user names and happy to discuss with anybody any issues or concerns they have.  I am easily contactable.

Self preservation is understandable but surely we need to be bigger than that and look at the end goal on pyramid structure not what’s in front of our nose.  Look at the bigger picture.

As for not being made welcome at certain clubs if the proposal is implemented as suggested by a poster on here. I am big enough and ugly enough not to let that bother me to be honest.  I might get a free pint from others.

Change effects everyone sometimes positively and other times negatively.  We still need to embrace it if it’s for the greater good.

Fair enough. What’s done is done.

The wording of the email was very poor, and a huge mistake not forwarding to every club. But move on and see what comes from the meeting this week. 

1 minute ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Every club  has grievances based on there personal circumstances. The 2 banging the drum here are Dunbar and Blackburn for it being unfair. I can guarantee if either were safe by PPG they would be fine with calling the league in that form. Every club in the country would do there best for there club if they are in that position. 

Yes there was an agreement in place but we can't go another season with 18 team top league and conferences again. The time is right now to get the leagues sorted for next season especially with the new influx of clubs and finally everyone under the one umbrella.

Blackburn and Whitehill will have been saved 2 years in a row if null and void .

A pyramid is in place for all teams to find there level. 

Jeanfield or Tranent deserve a crack at LL and Luncarty and Leith deserve a crack at Premier league.

Its very unfortunate on the teams being relegated  but there is every chance they may be down there struggling again for a third season in a row.

If Any of the bottom 4 teams were to be relegated  they would come straight back up in a years time if proven to be good enough.

For everyone's sake let's get leagues in place for starting 21/22

16 team Premier 16 team championship and 2 regionalised leagues  below that.

Let everyone find there level .

"There was an agreement in place, 'but...'".   But what? But there is an agreement in place - end of story.  

"it's very unfortunate on the teams being relegated..."  has a very 'unfortunate' arrogant reek about it.

One possible new proposal / question might be something like:

"Answer Yes or No: Should a winner be nominated based on PPG over the past two incomplete seasons?".

That way, at least there is one winner and nobody else is any worse off than they would be if the league stuck to the original agreement, which was with all the clubs.

What's the problem having another season with 18 teams in the Premier? 

2 minutes ago, Scrappydoo said:

I really cant believe the niave petty mind set of some of the posters on here , but i thought it was just me being paranoid,

Have i had my jag, no , has my young family No , has my team mates No so will i be forced into playing ? then i have to explain to my family that some greedy gits have decided ive to play 3 games a week to keep the numbers happy for PPG ,REALYY ?

NO EFFING WAY just to keep some back room , ass wipes happy about PPG  , whom ever thinks going back early is a 100%  AN idiot

players are human beings not numbers, we arent getting paid ,cant travel together , cant shower,we have families ,commitments,jobs and responsibilities 

i asked my team mates the younger ones dont care the older ones were all a NO Way 

it may be ok to say , oh 50% can be done , its not impossible , lets just play ,,,,you are not the ones playing you immature ,selfish cretins 

therefore if we are forced back what stance will the league team when clubs cant field teams ? will i get banned ? will the club ?

3 minutes ago, Scrappydoo said:

Well said. Everything else being debated is insignificant to the points raised here. 

6 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

"There was an agreement in place, 'but...'".   But what? But there is an agreement in place - end of story.  

"it's very unfortunate on the teams being relegated..."  has a very 'unfortunate' arrogant reek about it.

One possible new proposal / question might be something like:

"Answer Yes or No: Should a winner be nominated based on PPG over the past two incomplete seasons?".

That way, at least there is one winner and nobody else is any worse off than they would be if the league stuck to the original agreement, which was with all the clubs.

What's the problem having another season with 18 teams in the Premier? 

Another season? We haven't even had half a one yet lol