Rate the Goalkeepers 20/21

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, and Townsend was made first choice last Summer because King is shite

Wouldn't been near Welsh squad if he was that bad so there for he has had injuries  probably 

Wales aren't that desperate for keepers they would select a league two teams second choice

Chris Maxwell plays every week in league above

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

McGovern was probably the last genuinely good goalkeeper County had. And he left a decade ago this summer. He's the best keeper I've seen at County.

Fraser, Brown, Reguero, McCarey, Fox, Woods, and Laidlaw have all had a shot at it since then and they've mostly been rubbish. Fox stands out as the exception but he was never one of the better goalkeepers in the league. He was fine but never consistently brilliant. 

Daniel Bachmann and Paul Gallacher made a couple of appearances between them too.

Just as I’ve been tagged into the thread, for my tuppenceworth Shagger is head and shoulders above the rest, verging - if not surpassing - prime Goram (I’m still debating that in my own head before coming to any sort of conclusion). 

Alnwick, formerly of Ibrox, has always been very good whenever I’ve seen him and I don’t know where Hldaky went but I also liked him whenever I saw him. 

Taking myself full circle, I’d wager either Alnwick or Hldaky will be at Rangers when Shagger is on the wane - maybe 22/23 and they can be confident of taking the no.1 spot. 

Just as I’ve been tagged into the thread, for my tuppenceworth Shagger is head and shoulders above the rest, verging - if not surpassing - prime Goram (I’m still debating that in my own head before coming to any sort of conclusion). 
Alnwick, formerly of Ibrox, has always been very good whenever I’ve seen him and I don’t know where Hldaky went but I also liked him whenever I saw him. 
Taking myself full circle, I’d wager either Alnwick or Hldaky will be at Rangers when Shagger is on the wane - maybe 22/23 and they can be confident of taking the no.1 spot. 
Rangers could have had Hladky last summer on a free. He ended up at Salford City, way too good for that level.

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Rangers could have had Hladky last summer on a free. He ended up at Salford City, way too good for that level.

Don’t doubt it but he’d never have dislodged the current peak Shagger. And the wages Salford pay (and he’s the no.1?) you can’t really blame the guy. 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Don’t doubt it but he’d never have dislodged the current peak Shagger. And the wages Salford pay (and he’s the no.1?) you can’t really blame the guy. 

Will be on big wages for sure but there was no contact from Rangers about him just paper talk

If any of you know any footballers yourself in your family or as mates,they will tell you themselves that papers are noncence even if they bother reading them

Hlacky isn't a bad keeper though a loss to Scottish football for sure

4 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Will be on big wages for sure but there was no contact from Rangers about him just paper talk

If any of you know any footballers yourself in your family or as mates,they will tell you themselves that papers are noncence even if they bother reading them

Hlacky isn't a bad keeper though a loss to Scottish football for sure

Don’t talk nonce sense

image.gif

Edited by Junior_Arab

29 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

For me McGregor’s not up there with Goram. As far as Rangers keepers go I’d put Klos above him too. 

That’s why I’m still debating with myself. Don’t have, nor can I be arsed looking for,  the absolute stats but Shaggers got the clean sheets, I think, because of the defence in front of him. 

Maybe it’s blue tinted hindsight spectacles but I remember both Goram and Klos pulling off consistently show stopping saves to keep us in the game/league while Shagger had to occasionally put his cigar down to parry away some impudent upstarts attempt to ruin his day. 

Team game. 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

That’s why I’m still debating with myself. Don’t have, nor can I be arsed looking for,  the absolute stats but Shaggers got the clean sheets, I think, because of the defence in front of him. 

Maybe it’s blue tinted hindsight spectacles but I remember both Goram and Klos pulling off consistently show stopping saves to keep us in the game/league while Shagger had to occasionally put his cigar down to parry away some impudent upstarts attempt to ruin his day. 

Team game. 

I think it’s between McGregor and Goram tbh. Klos was great, but he also had clearly defined weaknesses, his kicking in particular was... inconsistent.

49 minutes ago, yoda said:

McGovern was probably the last genuinely good goalkeeper County had. And he left a decade ago this summer. He's the best keeper I've seen at County.

Fraser, Brown, Reguero, McCarey, Fox, Woods, and Laidlaw have all had a shot at it since then and they've mostly been rubbish. Fox stands out as the exception but he was never one of the better goalkeepers in the league. He was fine but never consistently brilliant. 

Daniel Bachmann and Paul Gallacher made a couple of appearances between them too.

Gallacher's one game was the beachball bursting one, so he gets plus points for that.

Lee Camp has left Coventry after two months as cover were he never played experienced keeper 36 spent most of his career in championship 

Could still probably do a job up here he is a steady reliable safe pair of hands

Kieran Westwood might be leaving Sheff Wed next year to he is same age better than the keepers at Celtic just now could be a shrewd move as they like there Irish lads decent free be

Stefan Klos is comfortably the best keeper to have played in Scotland in my lifetime.

McGregor is nowhere near as good. There could be an argument given that he's currently more important to the Rangers team than Klos ever was though.