Queens v Dunfermline

Not all players react the same way to things, so unsure why folk still insist they do and that how they act is definitive proof of something.

Of course they don't but there's generally a usual way these type of incidents go. A player on a yellow there surely has to expect a second yellow if a FK is awarded. That he isn't screaming in Dapo's face is one thing but for him to not even plead the case with the ref/look shocked a FK is given beggars belief. For me it's proof he's made some kind of contact or he's the one footballer in the world who's happy for a player to throw himself down and not react at all.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Dapo goes down because its in the late stages of the game, keeping the ball in the corner and wasting more time with a free kick is a great outcome. 

When I said "I also can't see why Dapo goes down" I meant I couldn't see any contact, not that I couldn't understand the benefits of diving. 

But your manager does say "no complaints about the second yellow" which suggests there was something meaningful there which he's seen. So I'm leaning towards the video just not providing the best angle.

I've gone through the second yellow incident at 0.25 speed, and paused it pretty much frame by frame. It's not the clearest picture, but I think this frame shows Dapo's shirt being pulled away from his back. If that is the case, then the assistant ref has a clear view of that, and it's a pretty blatant foul and yellow card.

image.png.2b59ed077d7df51c9f5bbec1172e8883.png

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've gone through the second yellow incident at 0.25 speed, and paused it pretty much frame by frame. It's not the clearest picture, but I think this frame shows Dapo's shirt being pulled away from his back. If that is the case, then the assistant ref has a clear view of that, and it's a pretty blatant foul and yellow card.

That's a wee bit before he goes down, similar to my first picture. The closest freeze frame I can get is below it and again it's not clear but playing the odds I'm confident his right arm is tugging Dapo there. 

Though given your photo and my first one, Dapo is being fouled before he goes down anyway!

Screenshot_20210228-231345.png

Screenshot_20210301-100651.png

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a wee bit before he goes down, similar to my first picture. The closest freeze frame I can get is below it and again it's not clear but playing the odds I'm confident his right arm is tugging Dapo there. 

Though given your photo and my first one, Dapo is being fouled before he goes down anyway!

Yes. the point I was trying to make is that, regardless of whether Dapo dived, it looks like he was fouled beforehand, in which case the decision is spot on.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Dapos shirt is being pulled from his back, while he's closer to the touchline than Mayo? Wild. Dapos got a hold of Mayos leg there aswell. 

That's also miles before he goes down. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

playing the odds I'm confident his right arm is tugging Dapo there. 

!

How do your odds factor in for a man that's just had his arm tugged, it doesn't react? If I were to pull on someone's arm as they were running away there'd be a reaction from the arm that would show it. If Dapo has had his arm tugged then surely it would then fly up backwards? Surely he would fall in such a manner that would indicate he's been pulled back? From the footage you don't have depth perception which means in that instance there, you have no idea how close there hands are. 

However playing the odds, after that freeze frame Dapos hand doesn't come back towards Mayo, he doesn't fall down like someone who's upper body has been pulled. Instead he takes another step (hard to do when you've just been pulled back) before both his legs stop working. 

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yes. the point I was trying to make is that, regardless of whether Dapo dived, it looks like he was fouled beforehand, in which case the decision is spot on.

I do enjoy the massive workaround logic that fans will come up with to try justify there players cheating. 

So far we've had

-A manager who'd only seen the incident once, from a poorer angle is the best judge of incident

-The player didn't RKO the reff 

-Even if he did dive, the correct decision was come too. 

Wild. Queens players definitely don't know there manners. 

Edited by Grant228

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Dapos shirt is being pulled from his back, while he's closer to the touchline than Mayo? Wild. Dapos got a hold of Mayos leg there aswell. 

That's also miles before he goes down. 

I've acknowledged that it's long before he goes down, that's entirely my point. I'm just trying to see why the foul was give, and why no one seems to have complained about it. There must have been something fairly obvious from the assistant's perspective that the camera angle didn't catch.

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Well no,  as the shirt pull didn’t occur in a position that could have been considered a promising attack.   That only occurred after dapo got in front of him a took a couple of strides away from him, before he dived.

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

. There must have been something fairly obvious from the assistant's perspective that the camera angle didn't catch.

Or you know, he dived and the ref bought it, it's happened thousands of times before and it'll have thousands more. 

Unless the camera angle is hiding someone off frame lassoing Dapos legs, there's nothing it'll be hiding. 

The players arguing with the ref idea is just such a nonsense idea, Gibson and the other QoTS player argue about the penalty award, does that say to you it wasn't a penalty? 

Edited by Grant228

I do enjoy the massive workaround logic that fans will come up with to try justify there players cheating. 
So far we've had
-A manager who'd only seen the incident once, from a poorer angle is the best judge of incident
-The player didn't RKO the reff 
-Even if he did dive, the correct decision was come too. 

Wild. Queens players definitely don't know there manners. 
You seem to be spectacularly missing my point every time. I'm agreeing with you that it's a dive, the problem for Mayo is that it's one of those dives that appear to be fair game in football now. The amount of contact Mayo has on Dapo is totally irrelevant. If the ref sees his right arm makes contact with Dapo (my money is still on that) then in that flash it will look like a tug and the ref will obviously give the FK. Again - I think that's a lot of shite in football but these are rewards that are given every week.

I expect Crawford had a better view than that angle tbh, as well as the officials.
Well no,  as the shirt pull didn’t occur in a position that could have been considered a promising attack.   That only occurred after dapo got in front of him a took a couple of strides away from him, before he dived.
Eh? Are you seriously suggesting Mayo would have caught Dapo? The initial foul would have rightly been a second yellow as well.

The players arguing with the ref idea is just such a nonsense idea, Gibson and the other QoTS player argue about the penalty award, does that say to you it wasn't a penalty? 

Show me footage of a player conceding a penalty that shouldn't have been/being sent off when he never fouled his opponent and reacting with "Aye, fair enough" - you won't find any.

The argument you compare it to is a completely different thing altogether. Players argue almost every single decision in football even if it's blatantly obvious. It's more surprising when they don't which makes it pretty clear Mayo has at least made contact.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I expect Crawford had a better view than that angle tbh, as well as the officials. Eh? Are you seriously suggesting Mayo would have caught Dapo? The initial foul would have rightly been a second yellow as well.

No I’m not saying he’d have caught him.   I’m saying the position where the shirt pull took place wasn’t a promising attack.  I don’t know how the initial foul is a yellow.  

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

No I’m not saying he’d have caught him.   I’m saying the position where the shirt pull took place wasn’t a promising attack.  I don’t know how the initial foul is a yellow.  

It is, though. If Mebude has a free run, given where they ball is, he's driving in to the box. That absolutely is a promising attack.

As opposed to the actual footage, which shows he doesn't? 
If you think that footage is conclusive proof there isn't contact then that's your call. For me there is absolutely no way you can say for sure Mayo never touched him.
I'm not sure what else you can regard it is other than a promising attack tbh. Dapo is rapid and direct, there's no doubt in my mind he would have been driving in on goal from there.

57 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It is, though. If Mebude has a free run, given where they ball is, he's driving in to the box. That absolutely is a promising attack.

When he was fouled he wasn’t in a position to have a free run.  He was in a position to have a free run when he dived.  

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not even bothered by the sending off tbh. Made zero difference. 

It might on Friday if Murray is unavailable and we are forced to play someone out of position or a player new to the club who hasn’t played in months.  It didn’t matter to this game.

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not even bothered by the sending off tbh. Made zero difference. 

Absolutely not arsed about it in the context of the game, as you say it made zero difference. Makes it all the more bizarre that the tories are so determined to find any reason why it wasn't a dive. 

My worry is that with Murray being out yesterday/not being risked on the surface, we've got a game coming up on Friday I'd like to win.