Queens v Dunfermline

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oaft, some levels of cheating from the Queens player there, shame you can't appeal second yellow. 

He certainly didn't protest much about it at the time iirc. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 hour ago, AnotherEdinburghDoonhamer said:

Regarding the Mayo sending off, to be fair, I still don't see the contact, but it looked like Dapo was by Mayo, so why would he fall....

No idea, as shown by the highlights he throws himself to the ground without any contact. With Murray not being risked yesterday due to the surface it throws allot of questions up for the Friday night Derby. Cheating wee dick. 

Oaft, some levels of cheating from the Queens player there, shame you can't appeal second yellow. 

If by 'going down when he could have stayed on his feet' then I agree. If by 'felt contact so he's "entitled" to go down' then I disagree. FWIW I think both are a form of cheating but the latter seems to be part and parcel of football nowadays and the latter is certainly what happened there. I've watched it back a few times and the defender tugs him. Not enough to warrant Dapo's reaction but it's a tug and gives the ref a decision to make.

The fact his only complaint is with the booking (as he feels there is cover) rather than the foul itself is pretty damning evidence.

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If by 'going down when he could have stayed on his feet' then I agree. If by 'felt contact so he's "entitled" to go down' then I disagree. FWIW I think both are a form of cheating but the latter seems to be part and parcel of football nowadays and the latter is certainly what happened there. I've watched it back a few times and the defender tugs him. Not enough to warrant Dapo's reaction but it's a tug and gives the ref a decision to make.

The fact his only complaint is with the booking (as he feels there is cover) rather than the foul itself is pretty damning evidence.

Been staring at this trying to work out the difference and I can't get my head around it. Are they not the same thing?

Just found these interviews with both managers (Dunfermline fans will have seen them as it's your OS). Interesting Crawford says he has no complaints about the second yellow (I also can't see why Dapo goes down) so maybe it looked different from that side of the park.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_Post_Queen_of_the_South&ID=12944

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
Forgot the link

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The damming evidence comes from watching the highlights at 0.25 speed, the queen's players legs somehow seem to just stop supporting his weight. There's not a tug, there's a brief touching of hands, what's not enough contact to warrant someone's legs to just stop working. 

26 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Just found these interviews with both managers (Dunfermline fans will have seen them as it's your OS). Interesting Crawford says he has no complaints about the second yellow (I also can't see why Dapo goes down) so maybe it looked different from that side of the park.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_Post_Queen_of_the_South&ID=12944

Hey, it's a good dive. With the benefits of highlights though that's what it is. 

Dapo goes down because its in the late stages of the game, keeping the ball in the corner and wasting more time with a free kick is a great outcome. 

Been staring at this trying to work out the difference and I can't get my head around it. Are they not the same thing?

I've already had a heads gone about this in the past and yes they are the same thing. The problem is the latter example appears to be acceptable in the modern game and it's the bullshit 'he felt contact so he's entitled to go down' line we hear all the time by pundits. To me it equates to diving but referees give it 9 times out of 10. It's exactly what happened here.

Hey, it's a good dive. With the benefits of highlights though that's what it is. 

Dapo goes down because its in the late stages of the game, keeping the ball in the corner and wasting more time with a free kick is a great outcome. 

See above. I'm not arguing that he's hit the deck needlessly but the fact of the matter is it's one of those that more often than not result in the defender being penalised. To me it looks like the defender uses his right arm to pull on Dapo. Is it enough to result in him going down so spectacularly? Absolutely not. Are those types of incidents given almost every week? Yes. If there was absolutely no contact do you seriously believe the defender wouldn't have been going apeshit with the officials and Dapo? He walks away conceding the FK happily so he's clearly made contact with him.

He's clearly not, as the visual evidence shows in the highlight, the fact that Mayo isn't going off his rocket, in the final stages in the game at the ref which would in turn waste more time isn't an indication that he's pulled him down. 

He's clearly not, as the visual evidence shows in the highlight, the fact that Mayo isn't going off his rocket, in the final stages in the game at the ref which would in turn waste more time isn't an indication that he's pulled him down. 

Seething

There's no way from that video you can say with certainty that his right arm hasn't grabbed him. I'm assuming that's what's happened as it's hidden from us, the officials would have a better view, the player doesn't complain and neither does your manager.

Your argument about wasting time doesn't hold up when you factor in he complained after getting booked. And again, not complaining about the foul, more that there was cover and the booking wasn't necessary.